Value of IDP

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
dodgernoot
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Value of IDP

Postby dodgernoot » Mon May 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Its really hard (for me anyway) to find comparative value for IDP players. If there isn't something out there that people are talking for your specific player, what do you go with? Is it as simple as equal points fantasy points? Like Yeldon (142 pts) straight up for Will Compton (142.25)?? Or does IDP have to take a hit in value because its IDP?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Value of IDP

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:27 pm

It's all about scarcity. Supply & demand.

How easy is it to REPLACE those pts?

And how likely is it that you'll need to replace those pts? i.e. How many of that position do you need to start every week?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon May 15, 2017 8:19 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 7:27 pm It's all about scarcity. Supply & demand.

How easy is it to REPLACE those pts?

And how likely is it that you'll need to replace those pts? i.e. How many of that position do you need to start every week?
Yup
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Mon May 15, 2017 11:32 pm

dodgernoot wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:15 pm Its really hard (for me anyway) to find comparative value for IDP players. If there isn't something out there that people are talking for your specific player, what do you go with? Is it as simple as equal points fantasy points? Like Yeldon (142 pts) straight up for Will Compton (142.25)?? Or does IDP have to take a hit in value because its IDP?
As lukkynumber13 says I would start by looking at how many players you must start at each position and how many players you can start at each position. Secondly you'd might want to look at how many pts the #1, #12, #24, #36 and #60 top scoring player scores at each position. That should give you an idea about how deep the position is and how steep the drop-off is. Third, I would look at waivers to see how easy it is to find a startable guy for free. Fourth, check out the draft from previous years (if this is an orphan you've taken over) to see where the top IDP players at each position can typically be had in a rookie draft. It's quite common for the top LB to go in the mid/late 2nd, and DEs and DBs to start coming off the board in the 3rd. Typically all the players in the 1st round are offensive, 2-3 IDPs go in the second, 4-5 in the 3rd, and then it becomes more balanced in the later rounds. But this obviously depends on scoring. If LBs score like monsters they might start coming off the board in the late 1st.

Lastly, keep in mind that IDPs typically have less market interest. I rarely trade for IDPs as I find it easy to recruit IDP positions from draft and waivers.

DBass218
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DBass218 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:59 am

Yea it's tough to value guys in IDP as far as points go. The example of Yeldon vs Compton is interesting because both will have a demoted roll this year. Let's say somebody offered Myles Jack for Yeldon. Pts wise that seems like Yeldon>Jack when in fact it's Jack>>Yeldon.

Pay attention to situations as well.
50 roster 8 taxi squad 10 team PPR (1pt) IDP (2pt tack/1 pt ast) Best Ball Dynasty
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, RB/WR/TE Flex, 3DL, 4LB, 4DB
QB: Carson Wentz, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins
RB: Devonta Freeman, Derrius Guice, Ito Smith, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Chris Thompson, Jalen Richard, Ryquell Armstead, JD McKissic, James Robinson
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Golladay, Christian Kirk, Terry McLaurin, Courtland Sutton, Golden Tate, Curtis Samuel, Parris Campbell, Steven Sims, Dede Westbrook
TE: Greg Olsen, Hunter Henry, Evan Engram, Dan Arnold
DL: D. Hunter, J. Allen, D. Barnett, C. Jones, C. Young, J. Epenesa
LB: Deion Jones, Fred Warner, Von Miller, Myles Jack, Anthony Barr, Kyzir White, Blake Cashman, Jayon Brown, DeVondre Campbell, Kiko, Jatavis, SDH, Hightower
DB: J.Simmons, J. Reid, V. Bell, J Tartt, Jalen Thompson, Marcus Williams, Shawn Williams, K. Willis