Dante Fowler

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Dante Fowler

Postby bruiser » Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 pm

bum. SAM backer
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu May 18, 2017 10:20 am

I think we may be throwing in the towel a bit soon. Last year was his first year of play in the NFL. He posted stats comparable to the first year of many good (not great) DLinemen.

I plan to give him another year before I even consider shipping him off.
The standard is the standard.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 am

Defender wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:20 am I think we may be throwing in the towel a bit soon. Last year was his first year of play in the NFL. He posted stats comparable to the first year of many good (not great) DLinemen.

If you have the room, I def don't mind holding. I just think he will rotate with Ngakoue too much opposite Campbell.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Thu May 18, 2017 1:07 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 am
Defender wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:20 am I think we may be throwing in the towel a bit soon. Last year was his first year of play in the NFL. He posted stats comparable to the first year of many good (not great) DLinemen.

If you have the room, I def don't mind holding. I just think he will rotate with Ngakoue too much opposite Campbell.
I actually think that he'll be in a pretty good position to produce. The chatter suggests that they will go with a more traditional one-gap attacking 4-3, and that they will play more loose and versatile with their safeties. Under Bradley they were playing with a single high safety and multiple fronts in a simplistic but quite restrictive and predictable scheme focused on defending space. It's a scheme that can work very well, as proven by the Seahawks, but only if it's well executed. Given the type of playmakers they now have, and the versatility in their DBs, I think they will switch things up a lot more to try and confuse offenses.

In their front seven I think we'll see Calais and Ngakoue at DE for the most part in their big front, with Fowler rotating in, Malik Jackson at 3-tech and Abry Jones at nose. But in sub-packages I'm sure we'll see Calais and Jackson inside with Day rotating in, and Fowler and Ngakoue at DE. I think Calais-Jackson-Jones-Ngakoue/Fowler with Smith-Jack-Poz behind them is going to be pretty difficult to run against so I would think that we're going to see them in sub-packages most of the time, either in passing situations or with teams trying to run from 11-personnel to avoid their big front. And with Calais/Jackson rushing from inside Fowler should see plenty of attractive matchups on the outside. Fowler did a good job against the run last season so he might even put up his fair share of tackles even if he technically might be a sub-package rusher.

Not to mention that Bouye and Ramsey is a pretty good CB duo which should result in more blitz packages and more time and opportunity to get to the QB. My biggest uncertainty is if their offense is going to cause them to play from behind in most games. If they're constantly playing from behind there's going to be limited opportunity to chase the QB, but they've got one of the easiest schedules and their D looks really good on paper so we'll see...

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:31 am

What's everyone's thoughts now? Not seeing much(any) positive press- have cuts coming up in a couple weeks- still worth holding, or time to move on?
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 am

IR1 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:31 am What's everyone's thoughts now? Not seeing much(any) positive press- have cuts coming up in a couple weeks- still worth holding, or time to move on?
I've been trying to follow him quite closely this camp and he seems to be having a great camp, but on the other side I don't think he got any base snaps in the PS game and he has had some off the field maturity concerns this summer with all his speeding tickets and the situation with the arrest after he pushed around some 55 year old guy after a traffic incident, stepped on his glasses and threw his grocery bag in a river or something... He spoke sometime in the last few days about how he wants to change and be a good role model, but we'll see... IF he starts maturing, and that might be a big if, that could be the key to his development as his immaturity has reportedly also showed up in his training habits and held his development back. Hopefully he'll realise that he needs to dedicate himself 100% if he is to have success in the NFL.

“I’m happy with where his weight is. It’s going in the right direction. It’s always tough to manage it. I’m happy with his effort level. I think he gives good effort, and I think he’s getting more quality snaps, meaning building on that, which is what you want to see from players,” Marrone said after Monday’s joint practice against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. “Now, the next thing we need is to just start getting the results, and they will come. It’s a little bit of balance working with him. Sometimes he becomes extremely frustrated because he’s not getting the results that he wants right away, but I keep telling him, this is what I’m seeing. I’m seeing a guy that’s going to be able to play more quality snaps and those things will come. Right now, he’s doing a good job.”

“He wasn’t as much of a hot-head [as last year],” Buccaneers offensive tackle Demar Dotson told Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union. “I threw him down the one time and he didn’t complain. He got up and went back to the huddle. You can see he has a [higher] maturity level and he’s not trying to fight or trash talk.”

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks Oslo, that's what I wanted to hear
QB- Herbert, Tua
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:53 pm

There's definitely risk that he'll never get it and just flush out after a few years, but his talent makes it difficult for me to cut strings with him. There are plenty of players that mature and get it after a few years in the NFL, while others don't, so we'll find out which direction he takes. Hopefully Calais can be a good role model for him, he's as professional as they come. But I really need to see Fowler start translating his camp flashes to production this season. It's time.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Looking like Jarvis Moss II.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:17 am

Last night it was, as expected, Calais and Ngakoue in base with Fowler coming in on some nickel plays and Calais moving inside to 3T. After the first drive they pulled Calais for the night and alternated between Fowler/Ngakoue, Smoot/Ngakoue and Fowler/Smoot.

The bad news...on the first drive with Calais they played 8 base snaps and 3 nickel snaps and Fowler only saw the field for one snap...

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Unless I have a bunch of injuries elsewhere, he's quickly working his way onto my drop list
QB- Herbert, Tua
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Hated to do it, but final cuts were tonight, had to give up on him
QB- Herbert, Tua
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

JohnnyWadd
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby JohnnyWadd » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Great game today, it was really tough to not cut him this offseason but I stayed with him and it paid off today for sure.

Thoughts going forward?
Rotoworld dynasty league- 11th year
Superflex 12-Team/25 Roster Spot/.5 PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, RB/WR Flex, Full Flex, TE, DST, K
QB- Dak, T.Lawrence, Z. Wilson, D. Haskins, Minshew
RB- Travis ETN, Latavius Murray, Gallman, P. Lindsay, S. Michel
WR- Ruggs, Marquise Brown, Mooney, G. Davis, Rashod Bateman, Terrace Marshall, Eli Moore, Dyami Brown, Nico Collins, KJ Hamler
TE- Trautman, Ertz, OJ Howard, Njoku

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:00 am

It will be important to review his snap count percentage. I mean, he had a big play (FF, FR and TD), so the final fantasy numbers look great but if his snap count percentage is low, it would not be wise to expect his production to continue at that level for this season. Obviously, DE's tend to take time to develop (a few years) and hes really only entering his 2nd year, so, it is positive moving forward but Campbell and Ngakoue also had monster games.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:08 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:00 am It will be important to review his snap count percentage. I mean, he had a big play (FF, FR and TD), so the final fantasy numbers look great but if his snap count percentage is low, it would not be wise to expect his production to continue at that level for this season. Obviously, DE's tend to take time to develop (a few years) and hes really only entering his 2nd year, so, it is positive moving forward but Campbell and Ngakoue also had monster games.
35/79 for Fowler per pro football reference (44.3%). Calais Campbell and Ngakoue are definitely leading the rotation with 63 and 59 snaps, respectively. Makes me feel better about dropping Fowler for a week 1 bye replacement.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker