Jabrill Peppers

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jabrill Peppers

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu May 18, 2017 11:28 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:16 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:27 am He went early round 2 in my return yardage league but quite frankly I don't get it.
Yeah that's crazy, in a deep class like this one especially.
That's why drafting is so much fun. How great is it when someone makes a wild (in your mind) pick and you think "ha! what a sucker. Gimme player x!!" Lol love when that happens.
Agreed! Someone took Dede Westbrook in the top 15...thats right, Dede freaking Westbrook. Twas quite the surprise.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu May 18, 2017 11:49 am

Top 15 is wild. Wonder what they see. Westbrook went 27 my league and I was surprised (and happy) then. I took Peppers at 44, which I think was right where his market started to heat up, potentially a few picks higher.

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Thu May 18, 2017 2:49 pm

A friend of mine Im in 2 leagues with just took Westbrook in the 2nd round in both leagues. Big love for a WR who's 4th on the depth chart.

He's a chump if you ask me
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

Wolfepack28
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wolfepack28 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:24 am

FiremanEd wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:38 pm
Bruiser wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:22 pm Adoree Jackson is cheaper. Just sayin
Worse options usually are cheaper...that's not a new concept. I bought Peppers where i was comfortable with, not reaching, and frankly he wasn't even in my line of vision until two picks prior, at which point the upside came to light. I could draft Adoree Jackson as the last pick in my draft, but I still don't think the upside is the same. If you do, then we're looking through difference lenses. CB required leagues perhaps, but this is not one of those.

I'm not saying to reach for Peppers, but at a certain value, his upside is undeniable given the potential defensive role, Special Teams, and even a handful of offensive plays. You can't deny he's impressive with the ball in his hands, even if you aren't high on his defensive talent.
Adoree is more expensive now lol

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:37 am

He definitely had the better rookie season. Better than I expected, despite being a rookie CB, which often get picked on to give them opportunity. He was extra money in my return league.

On the other side, the Browns use of Peppers as a deep Safety was utterly baffling. A complete misuse of his skill set. I don’t care if he was your ‘best option’, you just drafted the guy in the first round and aren’t winning games, so why not put the guy in the role he’s best suited for now and long term to develop him? It was a classic example of why they went winless.

Player to player, I’ll still take Peppers over Adoree. Why? Because I’m not likely to draft a CB over a S who should get more production and more consistent production. CB variability is too high, and I still expect Peppers to be put into the role he’s best suited for...and not the deep Safety abomination that was.

I don’t dislike Adoree, and he very well could have a repeat of production, and Peppers disappoint after a wasted season. I will, however, still take Peppers over Adoree, especially at the cheaper price.