Jabrill Peppers

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Jabrill Peppers

Postby dm1129 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:01 pm

I have joined new league this offseason which includes return yardage for defensive players. I have never been in return yardage league, much less one that applies to defensive players as well. Because of this I having a diffcult time valuing Peppers. I have completely ignored the return game in the past and have seen only a few of his returns. Anyone who is in a similar league and can help me value him would be appreciated. Thanks.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jabrill Peppers

Postby bruiser » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:54 pm

I think he'll have some value. He'll get over-drafted everywhere, tho.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Bruiser wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:54 pm I think he'll have some value. He'll get over-drafted everywhere, tho.
I can't wait to see which prospect gets bumped down a spot, by my leaguemates taking Peppers at 2.05 or so
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:59 am

Yeah, I'm sitting at 1.15 and trying to count how many players will fall to me there after the DBs and Myles Garrett/Reuben Foster get selected. Hmmmmmmmm, could be the best spot in my draft!

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:47 am

Bruiser wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:59 am Yeah, I'm sitting at 1.15 and trying to count how many players will fall to me there after the DBs and Myles Garrett/Reuben Foster get selected. Hmmmmmmmm, could be the best spot in my draft!
Is 2.5 too early for Garrett? Should be a DE if Browns take him at 1.1.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:31 am

I personally think that 2.05 is too late for Garrett, but I play in 16-tm formats with good scoring variance. Garrett won't be there when I'm OTC at #15

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:19 am

"Michigan LB/S Jabrill Peppers failed his Combine drug test.
Peppers had a diluted sample, which counts as a failed test. It puts him in the same boat as Alabama ILB Reuben Foster, who also turned in a diluted sample. It's especially bad news for Peppers, as he was already swimming against the first round current. The college star lacks a clear position."

Incredible.....

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Too bad. Really want someone ahead of the Jets in the 2nd round to pick him, both to ensure we don't, and to help someone else fall.

dodgernoot
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dodgernoot » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:46 pm

dm1129 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:19 am "Michigan LB/S Jabrill Peppers failed his Combine drug test.
Peppers had a diluted sample, which counts as a failed test. It puts him in the same boat as Alabama ILB Reuben Foster, who also turned in a diluted sample. It's especially bad news for Peppers, as he was already swimming against the first round current. The college star lacks a clear position."

Incredible.....
His agent said that peppers was fighting dehydration from being sick and was consuming a lot of water in the days leading up to the combine and at the combine. I know that is his agent, and that is what agents do but it could be an explanation

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:20 pm

dodgernoot wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:46 pm
dm1129 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:19 am "Michigan LB/S Jabrill Peppers failed his Combine drug test.

Incredible.....
His agent said that peppers was fighting dehydration from being sick and was consuming a lot of water in the days leading up to the combine and at the combine. I know that is his agent, and that is what agents do but it could be an explanation
Wouldn't it make sense, if you were a draft prospect or the player's agent, to go get tested a day before at a 3rd party company, just to make sure the test won't be bad? Assuming that the player ISN'T failing because of drug use.

After writing that, I suppose that the time wouldn't allow for that to be helpful, since the results don't come back for a couple weeks right?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Idk, I'm reminded of Laremy Tunsil posting a video last year and getting drafted to his #1 destination in Miami (so did Myles Jack). Don't forget that these college students are very unique in that they don't get to choose/apply for their first job. They are 22yr olds that are told where to go. They don't like it anymore than you or I would, so don't discount their ability to 'whisper to the wind' and guide their own ship (or their agents' influence).

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:05 am

The Peppers thing doesn't really affect me. I'm not going to own him anywhere anyway.

if he turns into a goo]d returner then he'll be valuable in some leagues but I don't think his positives are big enough to outweigh his negatives - which I believe could get him benched pretty quickly in the NFL.

So diluted wee is meh. Some NFL team is going to fall in love with him and draft him too early. And someone in every league I'm in is going to do the same.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

Wolfepack28
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wolfepack28 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:06 am

Bruiser wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm Idk, I'm reminded of Laremy Tunsil posting a video last year and getting drafted to his #1 destination in Miami (so did Myles Jack). Don't forget that these college students are very unique in that they don't get to choose/apply for their first job. They are 22yr olds that are told where to go. They don't like it anymore than you or I would, so don't discount their ability to 'whisper to the wind' and guide their own ship (or their agents' influence).
It's interesting that you would think that he'd guide his ship to Miami, seemingly costing him $10 million dollars after you factor in the state income tax savings. Tell a 22 year old that he'll lose out on $10 million and see where his ship guides him.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:46 am

Wolfepack28 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:06 am
Bruiser wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm Idk, I'm reminded of Laremy Tunsil posting a video last year and getting drafted to his #1 destination in Miami (so did Myles Jack). Don't forget that these college students are very unique in that they don't get to choose/apply for their first job. They are 22yr olds that are told where to go. They don't like it anymore than you or I would, so don't discount their ability to 'whisper to the wind' and guide their own ship (or their agents' influence).
It's interesting that you would think that he'd guide his ship to Miami, seemingly costing him $10 million dollars after you factor in the state income tax savings. Tell a 22 year old that he'll lose out on $10 million and see where his ship guides him.
$10 million out of how much (I don't know the answer)? Tell a 22 year old "You get 50 million if you play at *crappy place*, or 40 million if you play where you want". Dude would be like Damn, $40 million is a ton of money, but Crappy place is still a crappy place!

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:35 am

Miami o-line is a top destination for o-line prospects. He will cash huge on his first "negotiated" contract. Everyone is treating rookie contracts like they're really something to talk about. That's looking at a small picture. If you're a legit talent and have aspirations of setting the world on fire, you look to the real contracts and how to maximize them.

Stop treating the rookie contracts like they're anything more than chump change in the bigger picture.