Combine discussion for LBs

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Combine discussion for LBs

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:35 pm

http://walterfootball.com/combine2017DL.php

First of all, man it was disappointing how few guys we have measurables on!

TJ Watt is a beast. Very intrigued to see what position he plays at the pro level. What does their mom feed them??

I know Reddick was listed with the DLs, but he'll be a LB in the NFL. Very fast dude.

Devonte Fields continues to do himself no favors.

Raekwon McMillan pulled a JuJu. Saved himself from falling any further in the draft, due to a strong combine.

Duke Riley continued to follow the Deion Jones path to success. Really nice 40 time.

Brooks ellis actually put up some good white-boy 40 times! Probably still 6th round-UDFA, but nice to see. I was hoping to see Bullough...

Ben Boulware haha... The definition of a COLLEGE player.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Combine discussion for LBs

Postby bruiser » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Anthony Walker helped himself stay relevant. Reddick is a top priority. J Peppers shouldn't be out there with the LBs making a mockery. He'd be just fine running with the DBs.

TJ Watt could be a menace like Ware or Houston. Exciting to see him land on my teams potentially (even as a SAM ).
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Eagles4life
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Eagles4life » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 am

Ben Gedeon is an interesting athlete?? 4.75 40 YD, with a 6.98 3-cone and 4.13 SS. I need to do some research on him. He lacks the speed but very agile and quick. Not sure where he would fit?? Maybe SLB in a 4-3? or ILB in a 3-4??? Not sure he'll be a 3D LB being that slow. But his agility metrics I found to be interesting

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Eagles4life wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 am Ben Gedeon is an interesting athlete?? 4.75 40 YD, with a 6.98 3-cone and 4.13 SS. I need to do some research on him. He lacks the speed but very agile and quick. Not sure where he would fit?? Maybe SLB in a 4-3? or ILB in a 3-4??? Not sure he'll be a 3D LB being that slow. But his agility metrics I found to be interesting
I'm curious if he has the potential to take over the WILL job in Minny, with Greenway being gone?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat May 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Gedeon would have to show pretty strong to move into that spot. In my mind, he's always been Kendricks insurance at MIKE, while Elijah Lee is more suited to back up the WILL. I've been trading late picks for Kentrell Brothers, as he's really impressed the coaches on special teams. It's looking like he's the front-runner at WILL.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Sat May 27, 2017 11:11 pm

Bruiser wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 5:25 pm Gedeon would have to show pretty strong to move into that spot. In my mind, he's always been Kendricks insurance at MIKE, while Elijah Lee is more suited to back up the WILL. I've been trading late picks for Kentrell Brothers, as he's really impressed the coaches on special teams. It's looking like he's the front-runner at WILL.
First of all it's important to mention that the WLB spot for the Vikings is only a 30-35% role as long as Barr and Kendricks are healthy, so it's not nearly as attractive as a lot of other 4-3 WLB roles that typically allow for very good opportunities for tackles. Short term I think the camp battle for WLB is primarily between Lamur and Edmond Robinson, with Brothers pushing to be in that mix. Elijah Lee is very raw and Gedeon has question marks regarding his range and speed. At this stage I question if Gedeon can even play MLB or if he will be limited to special teams. I definitely don't see him on the outside, but if he is quick mentally to compensate for his lack of speed I could see him inside.

Also, just to have mentioned it, some view it as a possibility that Kendricks moves to WLB which would make room for a one-down thumper inside.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 am

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 11:11 pm Also, just to have mentioned it, some view it as a possibility that Kendricks moves to WLB which would make room for a one-down thumper inside.
Yes, this has been my opinion of his best fit on this team. He's currently one of the smallest MIKEs I've ever seen. 10lbs less than Bobby Wagner? Wagz is already light in the pants...

I've been hoping for Brothers to take the MIKE in this scenario (his natural fit) and prove worthy of staying on the field on 3rd down. For what it's worth, I've never really understood the Anthony Barr love. I drafted him in 2014 and flipped him. I just don't view him as a 3rd down LB unless he's on the line of scrimmage in a 5-2-4 look.