To Burfict: "Bye, Felicia"

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: To Burfict: "Bye, Felicia"

Postby boobam13 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:11 pm

went unclaimed today and heard he was set to sign on to the Bengals PS...Cincy hopes this is his wake up call...not what you want to hear from a second year guy
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

16 Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3 FLEX RB/WR/TE- 1DEF Orphan Team
20 Man Rosters - Active (18) Practice Squad (2) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Maybe my call that Dawson is the next Arthur Brown was more accurate than I thought. Fwiw, Art Brown got signed to the Jags for depth and have more chance at playing time than Dawson in 2016.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby boobam13 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Bruiser wrote:Maybe my call that Dawson is the next Arthur Brown was more accurate than I thought. Fwiw, Art Brown got signed to the Jags for depth and have more chance at playing time than Dawson in 2016.

I thought the same as I drafted both and held on to both longer than I should have...thought I learned my lesson. FWIW I cant see Brown doing much in JAX with Smith, Jack and Poz already there...maybe Ill add Dawson in FA tomorrow
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

16 Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3 FLEX RB/WR/TE- 1DEF Orphan Team
20 Man Rosters - Active (18) Practice Squad (2) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:16 am

How much longer can Cincy's defense struggle while dealing with this?

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:28 am

I mean, obviously Burfict is kind of a piece of crap, but it's hard to argue against him when he's racking up 16 tackles per game.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins, Strong
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Yeah, I could care less if he flips off a fan so long as he's beasting on the field. He's been arguably their best defensive player, and often is when he plays and doesn't take stupid penalties. He's a badass football player.

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:57 am

Agreed with Ed.

He's a douche because he hits people hard and a bit dirty. This is pro football. I can handle that.

Having said that I have one share of Tyreek Hill and I hate it. He's a scumbag.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

Arkived
Starter
Starter

Postby Arkived » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 am

Burfict may be a POS human being, but he's a phenomenal presence on the football field. There's no way he isn't the highest scoring LB over the last 4-5 weeks.
Hitting the Wrong Hole - 8 team 1 pt PPR, .25 per carry Dynasty league (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 1 DL/LB, 4 DB)
QB - Brady, Bortles, Dalton
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Matt Jones, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Thomas Rawls, Derrick Henry, C.J. Prosise, Paul Perkins, DeAndre Washington, Adrian Peterson
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Amari Cooper, Davante Parker, Laquon Treadwell
TE: Rob Gronkowski,Travis Kelce
DL: Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul, Everson Griffen, Ziggy Ansah, Danielle Hunter, Khalil Mack, Jabaal Sheard, Frank Clark
LB: Lavonte David, Alec Ogletree, Vontaze Burfict, NaVarro Bowman, Telvin Smith, Jamie Collins, Myles Jack, Jatavis Brown, Zach Orr, Devondre Campbell
DB: Morgan Burnett, Harrison Smith, Jonathan Cyprien, Reshad Jones, Kenny Vaccaro, Clayton Geathers, Karl Joseph
Taxi: Paxton Lynch

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:09 am

Arkived wrote:Burfict may be a POS human being, but he's a phenomenal presence on the football field. There's no way he isn't the highest scoring LB over the last 4-5 weeks.
Would you like to phrase that in the form of a wager? :D

I'm sure I'm taking you too literally here and you don't really think he's nailed on to outperform everyone.

@TomDegenerate

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:18 am

In my league he has been the top LB during that period, and second amount all Defenders to Khalil Mack. In fact, if I go to Week 4 (when he returned) through 13, he is only behind Landon Collins and Mack in my league. He's the Top LB.

Beastly.

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Re: To Burfict:

Postby dlf_tomk » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:02 am

FiremanEd wrote:In my league he has been the top LB during that period, and second amount all Defenders to Khalil Mack. In fact, if I go to Week 4 (when he returned) through 13, he is only behind Landon Collins and Mack in my league. He's the Top LB.

Beastly.
He looks great in all my leagues too. Particularly in the last 4 weeks. But claiming "There's no way he isn't the highest scoring..." for any position is a bold move in this unpredictable game of chance we play. I think I was just being too pernickity. I'm certainly not claiming he isn't a top IDP. I was arguing that before the season!

@TomDegenerate

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:58 am

We may have read the comment differently, and looking at it your way I would agree it is no sure thing.

I read the 'over the last 4-5 weeks' as his output from the prior 4-5 weeks, which is why I spoke to what he had already done. On the other side, I see why you read it at as 'the last 4-5 weeks' of this season, which are still to come.

As it is, he's had quite the run, so I would simply say that expecting a Top 10 finish is very reasonable for him, barring injury or suspension, but agree guaranteeing the top spot is a tall order. I would have him as the favorite though with Kuechly out, unless Bobby Wagner can keep his mojo going.

Arkived
Starter
Starter

Postby Arkived » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:08 am

Yeah, I didn't clarify all that well, I guess. I meant over the last 4-5 weeks that have happened. I haven't looked at anyone else's stats, and your league scoring is a determining factor, but he's far and away the highest scoring LB in my league over that span.
Hitting the Wrong Hole - 8 team 1 pt PPR, .25 per carry Dynasty league (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 1 DL/LB, 4 DB)
QB - Brady, Bortles, Dalton
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Matt Jones, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Thomas Rawls, Derrick Henry, C.J. Prosise, Paul Perkins, DeAndre Washington, Adrian Peterson
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Amari Cooper, Davante Parker, Laquon Treadwell
TE: Rob Gronkowski,Travis Kelce
DL: Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul, Everson Griffen, Ziggy Ansah, Danielle Hunter, Khalil Mack, Jabaal Sheard, Frank Clark
LB: Lavonte David, Alec Ogletree, Vontaze Burfict, NaVarro Bowman, Telvin Smith, Jamie Collins, Myles Jack, Jatavis Brown, Zach Orr, Devondre Campbell
DB: Morgan Burnett, Harrison Smith, Jonathan Cyprien, Reshad Jones, Kenny Vaccaro, Clayton Geathers, Karl Joseph
Taxi: Paxton Lynch

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:44 pm

Kevin Minter owners are breathing a sigh of relief, as he will likely be staying on the field for 3rd downs now that Burfict is suspended (again) to start the 2017 season.

Oh, hey, just a reminder that Nick Vigil beat out Minter for 3rd downs before this development!

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Wow, so he just got a huge extension. Not surprising, based on the talent! But obviously they love him enough to take the crap....

So Bruiser, our hope for Vigil is that he settles in at MIKE and Minter is either a sub or the SAM?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)