Ernie Sims to Eagles

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Ragin Kajun
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Ernie Sims to Eagles

Postby Ragin Kajun » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 am

So what happens to his value now? I have to think it should be raised somewhat, now that he's in a defense that will need him to be a 3 down LB. Maybe this is the boost his career needed, or did the Lions make a good move in dumping a guy who was never as good as his billing?

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Re: Ernie Sims to Eagles

Postby thevidon2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Ragin Kajun wrote:So what happens to his value now? I have to think it should be raised somewhat, now that he's in a defense that will need him to be a 3 down LB. Maybe this is the boost his career needed, or did the Lions make a good move in dumping a guy who was never as good as his billing?
The Eagles were pretty desperate at LB. I would think he gets a nice boost in value with this trade.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Slight boost, but hes still an OLB in a 4-3. You have to be very good to rack up fantasy stats from that position.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:12 pm

I think his upside is a LB2 if he can stay healthy.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:32 pm

I think it's a boost to his value. He doesn't fit the strong side LB body type, so he'll be on the weak side which is good for his FF value. The Eagles high octane blitzing defensive scheme could be just what he needed to figure things out. His lack of sacks leads me to believe he wasn't asked to blitz very often in the NFL. My only issue is that he already over ran things in the Lions D that took him out of plays and their Def isn't as complex with player movement as the Eagles. IF the Eagles can exploit his speed and rein him in a little at the same time, this could be a good fit.... otherwise he's going to be a complete train wreck in the Eagles Def and open up huge holes.