2016 Draft Class

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
growskey23
Captain
Captain

2016 Draft Class

Postby growskey23 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:49 pm

So, this seems like a good draft class (with some elite prospects) for the IDP side and possibly lesser offensive player draft. Are there any players that would make you rethink the "Wait on IDP" rule?

Kossack
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2016 Draft Class

Postby Kossack » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:21 pm

I totally expect due to the weaker offensive class and stronger idp that most idp leagues will see the first defensive player come off the board around the early 20s overall while most years it's early 30s
16 team, PPR, 45 man rosters, all TDs 6 pts
start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 dt, 2 de, 3 lb, 2 cb, 2 s, 1 non qb flex

QB - Winston, Sieman, Joshua Dobbs
RB - Martin, M. Gordon, Howard, R. Burkhead, Langford, C. Sims, Kapri Bibbs, W. Gallman
WR - ARob, Jordy, A. Jeffery, E. Sanders, Agholor, B. Ellington, C. Peake, Krishawn Hogan, Ryan Grant
TE - Ebron, Tye, G. Everett
DT - A. Donald, C. Baker
DE - Z. Ansah, D. Buckner, C. Wake, T. Flowers, V. Curry
LB - D. Johnson, K. Mack, C. Kirskey, Kwaitkowski, G. Hodges, Jaylon Smith,
CB - J. Bradbury, A. Bouye, D. Butler,
S - J. Addae, K. Neal, Geathers, Sua Cravens

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:46 am

Myles Jack depending on landing spot.

I've got Posluszny and Telvin Smith so if Jack goes to JAX I might look at him early on.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:18 am

Will depend where they land and the associated role they will have. Jack's coverage ability could be a negative for fantasy despite being what makes him such an outstanding all around prospect. It could lead to extra points if he can make plays on the ball, but could take him away from tackles too. I am unsure what to think of that.

Lee I like but am also hesitant because of his size.

Jaylon is obviously someone you just have to wait and hope on. Could be the cheapest and if you can throw on IR that would be the best case scenario.

Ragland I think is a pretty safe option, though his ceiling may be lower than the others. I'd like to see him in a 3-4 where he gets pass rush opportunities from the middle, and also to be a key contributor in the run game.

Ramsey's ideal role is the Honey Badger dual S/CB for me. I don't see him as a big run stopping S, so the opportunity to make plays from both areas would be a good one i may invest in.

Bosa I think will be a solid floor DL since he could get solid tackles. Not sure his sack ceiling though. I'd be happy if he got Justin Smith type production year in and year out.

I'm on board with the though that early 20s vs early 30s this year. I have 22/24 and am strongly thinking of grabbing my favorite LB. other years I'd use my 29 or later. DB I'll be waiting until my 5.01. Karl Joseph is a favorite of mine and I'll have to decide if I go there or Ramsey (if he's available).

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:38 am

FiremanEd wrote:Ragland I think is a pretty safe option, though his ceiling may be lower than the others. I'd like to see him in a 3-4 where he gets pass rush opportunities from the middle, and also to be a key contributor in the run game.
Interesting. Similar [but opposite] to your point on Jack I'm worried about Ragland's ability to play on 3rd down. He really reminds me of McKinney from last year and Spikes in being a fairly old-fashioned 2-down player. I'm sure he'll be fun to watch and could be a LB2 in the right spot but I wont be taking him as the LB#1 in rookie drafts unless he falls waaaay late

@TomDegenerate

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 am

Your concerns are warranted IMO. I like him more than Spikes coming out, and I think he's more physical than McKinney, but I see your point. I liken to David Harris, and I think if he's taken first round the expectation will be he's a 3 down player and center of the defense type of guy. McKinney and Spikes were high picks too, but I think McKinney does get 3 downs as Cushing fades, and Ragland can/should too, assuming he goes high in the draft.

Like I said, need to wait on draft location and situation, but I think he has less bust potential than Jaylon (injury) and Lee (size), which is why I said 'safe'.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:45 am

Your concerns are warranted IMO. I like him more than Spikes coming out, and I think he's more physical than McKinney, but I see your point. I liken to David Harris, and I think if he's taken first round the expectation will be he's a 3 down player and center of the defense type of guy. McKinney and Spikes were high picks too, but I think McKinney does get 3 downs as Cushing fades, and Ragland can/should too, assuming he goes high in the draft.

Like I said, need to wait on draft location and situation, but I think he has less bust potential than Jaylon (injury) and Lee (size), which is why I said 'safe'.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:17 pm

Love this thread, and would love to expound, but I have too many owners lurking in my rear-view mirror... they know this is my favorite side of the ball.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:08 pm

Bruiser wrote:Love this thread, and would love to expound, but I have too many owners lurking in my rear-view mirror... they know this is my favorite side of the ball.
PM me your thoughts if you want them to be heard ;)

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:37 am

Bruiser wrote:Love this thread, and would love to expound, but I have too many owners lurking in my rear-view mirror... they know this is my favorite side of the ball.
Boo! there are too few places on the intraweb where dynasty views on IDPs are heard anyway. Your league mates might see stuff but no-one is going to value anyones opinions exclusively enough for it to matter. more discussion on long-term IDP value!

@TomDegenerate

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:01 am

FiremanEd wrote: PM me your thoughts if you want them to be heard ;)
Lol, are we leaguemates anywhere?

Fwiw, I whiffed in this thread last year. My leaguemates would love to swipe a player ahead of me and hold him ransom knowing my thoughts on said player. I also tend to draft IDP a round earlier than most. I've reached for some at pick #20ish.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:26 am

Highly unlikely we are, but I wouldn't value your opinion over my own anyway. I do however like to get other opinions from people who love defense as much as I do. Based on that and my league mates, I don't see how you could be one of them. ;)

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:40 am

pm sent

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:53 am

FiremanEd wrote:
PM me your thoughts if you want them to be heard ;)
Same here Bruiser! Shoot me some knowledge!
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:06 am

I see you just joined us in the forum this month... are we leaguemates?