2016 Draft Class

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2016 Draft Class

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:21 am

Bruiser wrote:I see you just joined us in the forum this month... are we leaguemates?
No I doubt it Bruiser, I pm'd you a list of leagues I'm in.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:57 pm

Obviously scoring and roster format have a lot to do with this, but I see IDP guy's coming off the board earlier this year than in years past.

I think a few come off early to mid 2nd when generally you don't see them till the 3rd/4th.

Whats your thoughts ?

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:01 am

So I will go first I guess.

I have one league that is super active this time of year so my analysis may be bias off of there with the characters, draft picks, scoring and needs in there but I honestly see at least 1 with the possibility of 2 IDP players going in the 1st round of our 12 man league..

Which is IDP draft sin in normal years with the 1st ones usually not coming off til round 3 of the rookie draft.

I think Jack (barring negative reports on his knee) is in range for the 1.8 - 1.12 range. Then after that its open and anyone's game.

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:25 am

JUdoubleD wrote:So I will go first I guess.

I have one league that is super active this time of year so my analysis may be bias off of there with the characters, draft picks, scoring and needs in there but I honestly see at least 1 with the possibility of 2 IDP players going in the 1st round of our 12 man league..

Which is IDP draft sin in normal years with the 1st ones usually not coming off til round 3 of the rookie draft.

I think Jack (barring negative reports on his knee) is in range for the 1.8 - 1.12 range. Then after that its open and anyone's game.
I love this. I'd love to play in a league where IDPs are good enough and reliable enough (and the league is educated enough) for this to happen
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:28 am

16-team large-format IDP leagues see IDPs go in the 1st every year. Last year it was Leo Williams (I have him in all 3 of my signature teams). I didn't draft him in two, though I traded for him.

In 2014, I saw Ryan Shazier, CJ Mosley, Jadeveon Clowney, and Khalil Mack all go in the 1st. That class was loaded with stud WRs (but zero RBs).
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

dudeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dudeman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:15 am

I own the 25th pick this year and would like to grab a quality LB if possible. Several guys in my leagues are on this site so I really don't want them to get any easy looks into who I might be targeting with that pick. If any of you guys are willing to PM me your favorite LB's, or favorite IDP's in general, it would be much appreciated. Quality IDP's are highly valued in this league and I expect several to be gone before I pick at 25.
Team 1 - 6th year - 16 team PPR - 1QB, 1-3RB, 2-5WR, 1-3TE, 2-3DL, 2-3LB, 2-3DB (8 Offense, 8 Defense)
QB: Wilson, Flacco
RB: Elliot, Riddick
WR: Hopkins, Allen, Green, R.Woods, Nelson, Meredith
TE: ASJ, J.James
DL: C.Heyward, Atkins
LB: Hicks, Wright, Bradham, McMillan, P.Brown, J.Baker
DB: R.Jones, R.Parker, J.Jones, Ramsey
2019 Picks: 1.2, 1.5, 2.9

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:31 pm

calmerthanyouare wrote:I own the 25th pick this year and would like to grab a quality LB if possible. Several guys in my leagues are on this site so I really don't want them to get any easy looks into who I might be targeting with that pick. If any of you guys are willing to PM me your favorite LB's, or favorite IDP's in general, it would be much appreciated. Quality IDP's are highly valued in this league and I expect several to be gone before I pick at 25.
I know what you mean about not saying too much this time of year. A couple of my leaguemates roam these halls so I'm not saying jack about who I like. Lol.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:16 am

JUdoubleD wrote:So I will go first I guess.

Im in a deep contract league and recently the top IDP lbs have been being picked earlier, breaking into the 1st round. If my league mates think like i do for this year, i expect some of the same this year because offensive guys seem pretty weak to me. Due to the contruction of my team(win now) and recent trend of free agent LBs going for high salaries (about 10% of cap compared to 5 a few years ago), i plan on drafting Jack at 1.8 unless his landing spot sucks.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

dudeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dudeman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:00 pm

[/quote]I know what you mean about not saying too much this time of year. A couple of my leaguemates roam these halls so I'm not saying jack about who I like. Lol.[/quote]

I totally understand. But please feel free to PM me any non-obvious rookies that you might be targeting. I got Hicks in the 4th last year and I'd be really pumped to duplicate that luck this year.
Team 1 - 6th year - 16 team PPR - 1QB, 1-3RB, 2-5WR, 1-3TE, 2-3DL, 2-3LB, 2-3DB (8 Offense, 8 Defense)
QB: Wilson, Flacco
RB: Elliot, Riddick
WR: Hopkins, Allen, Green, R.Woods, Nelson, Meredith
TE: ASJ, J.James
DL: C.Heyward, Atkins
LB: Hicks, Wright, Bradham, McMillan, P.Brown, J.Baker
DB: R.Jones, R.Parker, J.Jones, Ramsey
2019 Picks: 1.2, 1.5, 2.9

Weeping_Souls
Starter
Starter

Postby Weeping_Souls » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:58 pm

Over the last couple of years it has become apparent that one of the best tactics is to take those players who are set to produce in year 1 and then flip them for the more talented players at the end of the season as well as something else.
Leatherheads I
Start: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, ST, 5 Flex (Exc. QB, K, ST)
12 Teams |5 Flex | 1pt PPR
http://www56.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0009

Leatherheads II - 2015 Champions
Start: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DL, LB, DB, ST, 8 Flex (Exc. QB, K, ST)
12 Teams | 5 Flex | 1pt PPR
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0007

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:31 pm

LBs are a lot like RBs for me in that if they aren't elite talents then their production is very situational. Now, there isn't a Luke Kuechly in this draft but there are players with some potential for sure.

Darron Lee is the most intriguing guy to me if I'm looking for an IDP to go after. I think the issue of size is obviously important (and apparently his 232 lb lisiting is a bit generous) but then you have guys like Telvin Smith running around making plays in the 225 lb range and guys like Barron and Buchanon making the leap from safety to linebacker and still being ultra effective. I can see a lot of teams looking at the success of these players and plugging in Lee on the weakside of a linebacking corps.

Ragland to me will be contingent on necessarily on the scheme he goes into but the cast around him. If there are already established 3-down players around him then the likelihood is that he's a 2-down guy (at least to begin with). He's not the same calibre of player as the guy he replaced at Bama (Mosely) but I think he's a rich man's Te'o. If he plays 3-downs then he is likely to be very productive (if lacking elite upside) and anyone taking him in the first round would likely expect him to play a big role to invest that much in him.

Keanu Neal is a safety I'll be looking at for his hitting ability but I worry about his number of missed tackles. Could he be another DJ Swearinger?
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

bwalsh015
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bwalsh015 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:20 pm

Any one have thoughts on which DE to target in teams needing one of those? I know we need to see landing spot and hope they land in 4-3 DE spots but any thoughts between Buckner, Bosa, Lawson, Spence even?
1: 10-Team
1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1(r/w/t)
QB: Cam,Winston
RB: Gurley,Melvin,C-Mike,Ware,JC,Dixon,McKinnon, Howard
WR:OBJ,Cooper,Watkins,Parker, Enuwa,
TE: Gronk,Ebron
K: Bailey
DST: Eagles
17 Picks 1,2,3,

2: 14-Team .5 PPR (6pt all TDs,1 pt tackle, 4pt Int, 5 pt Sack)
1QB-2RB-3WR-2TE-2(r/w/t)-K-3DL-3LB-3DB
17 Picks 3,4
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/123654/teams/971666

3: 10-Team .5 PPR (4pt pass TD,1.5 pt tackle, 4pt sack, 6pt Int)
1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 R/W/T, 1 QB/R/W/T, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB
17 Picks 1,2,3,4
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/181730/teams/1237292

4: 10-Team .5 PPR (4pt pass TD,1 pt tackle, 4pt Int, 5 pt Sack)
2QB-2RB-3WR-2TE-2(r/w/t)-K-3DL-3LB-3DB-2 D Flex
17 Picks 1,2,3,4
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/181435/teams/1235743

5: 12-Team .5 PPR (4pt pass TD,1.5 pt tackle, 6pt Int, 4 pt Sack)
2QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1(r/w/t)-K-2DL-2LB-2DB-3 D Flex
17 Picks 1,2,3,4
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/182878/teams/1244569

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:07 am

bwalsh015 wrote:Any one have thoughts on which DE to target in teams needing one of those? I know we need to see landing spot and hope they land in 4-3 DE spots but any thoughts between Buckner, Bosa, Lawson, Spence even?
Buckner
I love the player. Cant see him being a productive FF player any time soon. Even if he goes to a 4-3 team I'll worry they'll play him inside until I see it in the season.

Bosa
Definite target for me. Should do well enough in the run game to be a viable player. I would take him in the late 3rd I suspect.

Lawson
Love him. Would take him from the 4th onwards depending on situation.

Spence
Hmmmm. Could explode at some point but I think he'll need a year or two at least and maybe not ever get there. Would likely not bother drafting him. Will bid on him if he's a RFA [in my league].

Leonard Floyd
Love the potential he has to play a Jamie Collins type role where he's an every-down LB but gets to rush the passer sometimes. If he's taken purely to play edge [e.g. ATL] I'll be less excited but definitely worth a pick for me.

Shilique Calhoun
Like him as a 4-3 end. Don't like him in a 3-4 base or a team who plays lots of unusual fronts [e.g GB]. If he goes to SEA, CIN, CAR or CLE in first/second round I'm interested. Would spend a late pick. 5th round or later in my league.

Take with a pinch of salt - just my opinion.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:43 pm

I don't think this class is as strong as last year. Leo Williams and Dante Fowler were better prospects than all of these. And.... I wouldn't expect any DL rookie to set the world on fire. It is rare, and will become even more so as these players jump out of college younger and younger. It is pretty tough for rookie DL to produce like the veterans. Try selling your 2nd rounders for Fowler. That would be best use of a draft pick given this class is pretty thin.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

2016 Draft Class

Postby Team Tacos » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:38 am

TomK27 wrote:
FiremanEd wrote:Ragland I think is a pretty safe option, though his ceiling may be lower than the others. I'd like to see him in a 3-4 where he gets pass rush opportunities from the middle, and also to be a key contributor in the run game.
Interesting. Similar [but opposite] to your point on Jack I'm worried about Ragland's ability to play on 3rd down. He really reminds me of McKinney from last year and Spikes in being a fairly old-fashioned 2-down player. I'm sure he'll be fun to watch and could be a LB2 in the right spot but I wont be taking him as the LB#1 in rookie drafts unless he falls waaaay late
Though Ragland and McKinney have both been pegged as possible two downers for the same reason (coverage ability), they are different players. McKinney is far more athletic but Ragland is a much better tackler. I'm not a huge Ragland fan but I think given the right landing spot he could be a Mosley type player. I remember people saying similar things about Mosley when he was in the draft.

Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith would be my favourites but Jack will go far too early. However I'm strongly considering Jaylon in the late 2nd or 3rd to park on my IR for a year.

I love Darren Lee though. I might grab him at 1.10. Floyd intrigues me too.

I love this IDP class, I think it's deeper than last year, though not particularly so at edge.
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.