Week 8 recomendations (mine inside)

Daily Fantasy Sports...football style
Bam_19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Week 8 recomendations (mine inside)

Postby Bam_19 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Since people seem scared to give advice I will do it. I play head to heads but mostly against people I know. And I like throwing my money away chasing big payouts so unless you pick almost the same as me I doubt it affects me to much.

This info is for DraftKings but is probably portable to other sites.

I assume anyone reading this knows the basic premise of how to win. IE Head to head - 50/50 safer more predictable lineup. Gpp/tournaments you gotta go big.

To win in these formats you need to score a certain amount of points
50/50 and h2h you are going to want 120 or 13 points per player minimum.
Smaller tournaments 150 ish or 16 PPP
Gpp/ large tourneys 220 or 24 ppp to take 1st

In tournaments scoring under those numbers can still net you a payout but were here to win correct.

So the math breaks down as follows
Gpp - 24 PPP = $227 per point
Small tournament - 16 PPP = 333 per point
H2h - 13 PPP = $416 per point

So with that being said and my insight on how I look at my line ups here is who I recommend

Tom Brady - 7200- after a rough start he has been consistent these past weeks. I like him in all formats.

Jay Cutler - 7000 - last week was rough but has been good to great the rest of the year. All formats again.

Brian Hoyer - 5200 - bad week, but plays Oakland this week. Gpp play will be popular.

Demarco Murray - 8600 - as consistent as they come. Almost a must play h2h. I would probably stay away in Gpp due to price an usage.

Marshawn Lynch - 7100 - couple bad weeks has his price down. I have a feeling seattle will be going back to pounding the ball on the ground. Like him in all formats

Ben Tate - good value, playing Oakland. Could see him in all formats but his usage will be high IMO.

Bryce Brown - 3400 - this is a situation thy needs monitored. Boom or bust would only risk him in Gpp.

Jordy/Cobb -7800/7500 - te offense is clicking now. Really like both in any format. Just hope you pick the right one.

Marshall/Jeffrey - 6100/6000 - see above I think las week was out of the ordinary. Bears will be looking to bounce back.

Kendall Wright - 4900 - playing houston, seems to be finding his stride. Decent value I feel he has a low floor like him more in h2h.

Doug Baldwin - 4700 -only reliable option in the passing game, I don't expect numbers like last week like him more in Gpp because of the high ceiling and lower price.

Jimmy graham - 5600 a laid a goose egg last week, saints at home, I doubt you see his price this low again. However minister the injury situation. Really like him in Gpp I think people will be scared off.

Heath miller - 3300 -I like te matchup and I don't like spending money on middle tier TEs.i like him more in h2h due to trying fit graham in Gpp. Low floor here but at the price worth the risk.

Zack ertz - 3200 - his snaps are a worry, but a good matchup and low price. Same usage a miller. But would use both to aquire a bigger name in Gpp possibly.

Defense do what you want.

Critique me all you want ill do this every week and we can track how much worse I am at this than I think I am.
12 man league
1pt per 20 yards rushing/receiving, 1pt per 50 passing/TD 6 and 4/PPR 0.5/1QB-1RB-3WR-1TE-Flex-DEF-K
QB - Carr - Mariota
RB - Henry - Carson - McGuire - Powell - J Williams (GB) - J Williams (NO)
WR - K Allen - Arob - Cooks - Gordon - Westbrook - Samuel - Wallace
TE - Ertz
DEF - Rotating
K - Rotating
Picks - 1.06 - 1.12 - 2.05 - 2.06 - 2.13 - 5.05 - 5.12

Bam_19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Week 8 recomendations (mine inside)

Postby Bam_19 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Feel free to add your own, this isn't my entire list jay my thoughts on a couple guys at each position. I look forward to the discussion and hopefully I help some people win. Although take my advice with a grain of salt.
12 man league
1pt per 20 yards rushing/receiving, 1pt per 50 passing/TD 6 and 4/PPR 0.5/1QB-1RB-3WR-1TE-Flex-DEF-K
QB - Carr - Mariota
TE - Ertz
DEF - Rotating
K - Rotating

Bam_19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Week 8 recomendations (mine inside)

Postby Bam_19 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Well the week is over no one responded lets see how I did

Brady - I didn't even expect that
Cutler - decent for the price
Hoyer - lower than I though but not terrible for the price

Murray - is doing exactly as expected
Lynch - big miss
Tate - I'll call it a miss
Bryce brown - big miss ( was a hail marry)

Alshon/Marshall- Alshon was alright Marshall sucked
Jordy/Cobb - Jordy sucked Cobb was good
Wright - big miss
Baldwin - slight miss

Graham - a hit for the price
Miller - big hit
ErtZ - hit for the price
12 man league
QB - Carr - Mariota
TE - Ertz
DEF - Rotating
K - Rotating