Week 1

Daily Fantasy Sports...football style
Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Week 1

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:01 am

Bargains I found were Maclin, Hunter, B.Tate and Ingram. Paired these guys with Manning,DT and Graham.

dxw100
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Week 1

Postby dxw100 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 am

I tried 2 lineups with varying success.

Tried to switch things up for GPPs with a Henne/Lee stack, worked out ok but picked the wrong rookie WR. That allowed me to play Charles/McCoy/Graham all on one roster which was lovely. It helped that I liked Sanders and Decker as cheap WRs to fill in as well. Throw in Zuerlin(ok) NYJ DST (bad). I won't be winning anything off this roster but because my Studs didn't show up while my Sleepers were at or above my predictions.

My second lineup fared significantly better.Started with a Cutler/Marshall stack. Then added Gore and Ball since both were favorites and should have gotten solid carry volume. Right Idea but SF was able to score at will and Hyde saw some scoring action so Gore underproduced. My other two WRs were Colston and Torrey Smith, Colston was a nice safety blanket but I expected more out of Torrey. This team was saved by TE J. Thomas and Hou DST while everyone else kept the ship afloat.

Right now I'm in the money for the DLF opening weekend Private game but Monday night scares me. I was also a little confused as the event filled from 80ish to 500 in a day which makes me think it wasn't as private as originally advertised... Thought I was playing the overlay until I checked again Sunday morning.
12 Team, Roster-40 TS-4 IR-2, PPR( 1/TE, 0.5/WR, 0/RB), IDP balanced scoring
QB(1): Cam, R. Wilson, Winston
RB(1-2): Charles, Gordon, McKInnon, L.Murray, K. Davis, C. West
WR(1-4): Calvin, O. Beckham, D. Hopkins, T. Austin, Abbrederis, R. Streater, Conley, Bell
TE(0-2): Gronk, Kelce, Escobar, Gilmore
K(1):
DL(2-3): Watt, Campbell, Atkins, Melton, Hunt
LB(2-3): Burfict, Pozlunszy, Greenway, Rey, Shazier, T. Smith, Riley
DB(2-3): Ward, Berry, McDonald, Verner, Jennings

12 Team, Roster-24 IR-3, PPR( 1.5/TE, 1/WR, 0.5/RB), Superflex
QB (1-2): Luck, Cam, Teddy, JFF
RB (2-4): AP, Hill, Gio, Gurley, Ellington, Duke, CMike
WR (2-5): Cobb, Alshon, Landry, ARob, Larry Fitz, D. Adams, C. Johnson, Perriman, Parker
TE (1-4): Jimmy, Kelce, Allen

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Week 1

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:13 pm

dxw100 wrote:I tried 2 lineups with varying success.

Tried to switch things up for GPPs with a Henne/Lee stack, worked out ok but picked the wrong rookie WR. That allowed me to play Charles/McCoy/Graham all on one roster which was lovely. It helped that I liked Sanders and Decker as cheap WRs to fill in as well. Throw in Zuerlin(ok) NYJ DST (bad). I won't be winning anything off this roster but because my Studs didn't show up while my Sleepers were at or above my predictions.

My second lineup fared significantly better.Started with a Cutler/Marshall stack. Then added Gore and Ball since both were favorites and should have gotten solid carry volume. Right Idea but SF was able to score at will and Hyde saw some scoring action so Gore underproduced. My other two WRs were Colston and Torrey Smith, Colston was a nice safety blanket but I expected more out of Torrey. This team was saved by TE J. Thomas and Hou DST while everyone else kept the ship afloat.

Right now I'm in the money for the DLF opening weekend Private game but Monday night scares me. I was also a little confused as the event filled from 80ish to 500 in a day which makes me think it wasn't as private as originally advertised... Thought I was playing the overlay until I checked again Sunday morning.
GPP was all miss for me. Tried stacking, but combined it with some low value plays (Archer, Green) that didn't pay off. Allowed to have crazy WR's, but picking DT didn't help. Plus Archer and Green doing nothing would have killed me anyway. Going to try a Tennessee stack this weekend and see how that works out.