Surprised this section of the site isn't popular + week 3

Daily Fantasy Sports...football style
Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Surprised this section of the site isn't popular + week 3

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:32 am

Daily / weekly leagues have exploded in popularity and I'm sure many of us enjoy partaking in them. I know I have.

Lets get some discussion going about our weekly lineups if for no reason other than to help us all think about different guys and different strategies.

A caveat before I begin - I'm a super small stakes player doing this only for fun, but I still want to win. I play primarily cash games so I'm not looking to hit it big with a crazy GPP lineup. I only play on FanDuel.

I'll share a few thoughts about week 3:

QB - I just can't justify spending big on a QB so far this year. I've won both week 1 and week 2 with Tyrod as my QB and I'm going back to the well for week 3 as long as he remains cheap. Other cheap QBs that I think are worth considering are Mariota (game could be a shootout), Dalton (could have a "Dalton Game" and get you nothing, but the Ravens did just give up a ton of points to Carr and Dalton is still cheap), and if you really want to scrape the bottom of the barrel, Foles (Pitt is giving up lots of points to QBs thus far and Foles is cheeeeeeeap).

RB - I'd rather spend my money on pass catchers and I think there's enough value at RB to justify doing that. Latavius Murray is my go to guy this week. He's being used as a legit bellcow against a mediocre Browns defense and the Raiders shouldn't actually be down by a ton this game meaning they'll be able to continue running. I also like David Johnson at his price against a 49ers team that just gave up a HUGE week to DWill. Johnson should be able to brutalize the revamped 49ers LBs running routes out of the backfield too. I'm also intrigued by Joseph Randle this week simply because he's cheap and should get volume. I think too many people are going to be on Starks / Freeman, and I'm not in love with either. Plus, playing Starks on Monday night is just too dangerous since Lacy might actually play.

WR - I love spending the bulk of my cash at WR. Top end WRs are super consistent but also have high ceilings. I'm going cheap at QB RB and maybe TE (it's either Gronk or cheap for me) to spend more on WR every week until the salaries start to correct themselves. Last week I did the same thing and hit paydirt by starting all three of Julio, Antonio and OBJ. This week I'm aiming for a similar trifecta of Brown, Julio and Edelman. Landry, Marshall and Steve Smith all seem attractive at their prices too, and John Brown, Moncrief and Stevie are all reasonably enticing bargain guys.

TE - I think I'm either going Gronk or Reed in every league I join this week. Gronk seems very reasonably priced still, and Reed is insanely cheap still at $5300 ($3000 cheaper than Gronk), which really gives you a ton of roster flexibility.

Thoughts?

heyfeefellskee
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Surprised this section of the site isn't popular + week

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:21 am

Well shoot, I didn't even know this section existed.
Red Tiger Army (Superflex, Points for receptions [TE premium], points for carries, IDP [tackle-heavy]; 64 teams w/ 4 copies of each player; tiered promotion system)

Corktown Jaguars(32-team IDP league--est 2016)

Death From Above (12x20 ppr est. 2014)
League Champ 2014, Runner-up in 2015

Fee Fell Skee (DLF Premium League est. 2015, 16x24 ppr)

Haru's Heroes(Co-Owner; 12x30 PPR est 2015)

Kossack
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kossack » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:01 am

50/50 leagues get high floor from me I also look for cheap everything except for WRS
I've got a Lotta Julio, Bmarsh, and Edelman
I like Doug Baldwin , Rishard Matthews, and Moncrief for value buys this week
Carolina and Seattle at D and am stacking with their respective RBs. This is a rare week to spend on those two positions in the Seattle game Imo.
If I've got the $ left I've been on Kelce but usually am rolling with cook or ebron.
16 team, PPR, 45 man rosters, all TDs 6 pts
start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 dt, 2 de, 3 lb, 2 cb, 2 s, 1 non qb flex

QB - Winston, Sieman, Joshua Dobbs
RB - Martin, M. Gordon, Howard, R. Burkhead, Langford, C. Sims, Kapri Bibbs, W. Gallman
WR - ARob, Jordy, A. Jeffery, E. Sanders, Agholor, B. Ellington, C. Peake, Krishawn Hogan, Ryan Grant
TE - Ebron, Tye, G. Everett
DT - A. Donald, C. Baker
DE - Z. Ansah, D. Buckner, C. Wake, T. Flowers, V. Curry
LB - D. Johnson, K. Mack, C. Kirskey, Kwaitkowski, G. Hodges, Jaylon Smith,
CB - J. Bradbury, A. Bouye, D. Butler,
S - J. Addae, K. Neal, Geathers, Sua Cravens

Kossack
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kossack » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:36 am

Also one of my main strategies is to be in on games that include the Thursday night game. Usually these games are quite defensive and lacking in huge offensive performances. If at all I use a kicker or a defense in those games. What I do notice is that at least 20% of entries involve a line up of almost entirely Thursday players, which I believe is a losing strategy. The more poor entries to compete with on my part the better.
16 team, PPR, 45 man rosters, all TDs 6 pts
start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 dt, 2 de, 3 lb, 2 cb, 2 s, 1 non qb flex

QB - Winston, Sieman, Joshua Dobbs
RB - Martin, M. Gordon, Howard, R. Burkhead, Langford, C. Sims, Kapri Bibbs, W. Gallman
WR - ARob, Jordy, A. Jeffery, E. Sanders, Agholor, B. Ellington, C. Peake, Krishawn Hogan, Ryan Grant
TE - Ebron, Tye, G. Everett
DT - A. Donald, C. Baker
DE - Z. Ansah, D. Buckner, C. Wake, T. Flowers, V. Curry
LB - D. Johnson, K. Mack, C. Kirskey, Kwaitkowski, G. Hodges, Jaylon Smith,
CB - J. Bradbury, A. Bouye, D. Butler,
S - J. Addae, K. Neal, Geathers, Sua Cravens

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:53 am

Rolling this lineup on fanduel:

Brady
Latavius Murray
Yeldon
Julio
Demaryius
Moncrief
Fleener
Jets
Bryant

With Allen out and Colts talking up getting the TE's involved, I'm hoping for big day from Fleener. Other option was Graham and Edelman over Fleener and Julio.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:11 pm

zfifelski wrote:Well shoot, I didn't even know this section existed.

Hahahaha me neither!

rugby1717
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby rugby1717 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:26 am

Swampdonkey17 wrote:Rolling this lineup on fanduel:

Brady
Latavius Murray
Yeldon
Julio
Demaryius
Moncrief
Fleener
Jets
Bryant

With Allen out and Colts talking up getting the TE's involved, I'm hoping for big day from Fleener. Other option was Graham and Edelman over Fleener and Julio.
Yeldon was definitely the weak spot there. I rolled out similar lineups with gore over yeldon..
My most successful lineup of the weekend was

Newton
Sproles
Powell
Antonio Brown
Julio Jones
Marshall
Olsen
Folk
Seahawks

Cam is back to superman. I figured the eagles against that tough d would be behind and running dump offs. I was somewhat wrong but sproles got the return td. Powell with ivory battling 2 injuries. Those two let me afford Antonio and Julio. Marshall was a must play vs philly. Olsen had 14 targets last week. Missed on Folk and this just wasn't a lineup I made with the broncos cardinals pats or panthers d.