Is DFS dying?

Daily Fantasy Sports...football style
dlf_bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Is DFS dying?

Postby dlf_bruiser » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:40 am

Could the laws coming out against DFS be affecting the ratings of the NFL?
Standard League Player Values

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is DFS dying?

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:49 pm

I hope so lol

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:15 am

Bruiser wrote:Could the laws coming out against DFS be affecting the ratings of the NFL?
I don't think it's dying at all. I just think there was a little boom period because it was the fun new thing but I think while the casuals find a new fad to pursue DFS will remain a niche part of the fantasy community. I think at this point even if Fanduel/Draftkings were to fail, another would popup in it's place, maybe with a better business model or whatever. Unless greedy politicians somehow outlaw it, DFS has become a staple of fantasy sports, for better or worse.

GridironGuerilla
All Pro
All Pro

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:03 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:49 pm
I hope so lol
This lol.
Bo Knows Dynasty (12 Team IDP/Roster-30/5 IR/5 Taxi)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
Requiem For a Team
2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champion

All or Nothing (12 Team IDP/Roster-35/5 IR/10 Taxi)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
Reservoir Dogs
2015 League Champion

A Dynasty Far, Far Away... (12 Team PPR IDP/Roster-30/5 IR)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
The Dark Side

A League of Fire and Ice (10 Team IDP/Roster-35/5 IR/10 Taxi)1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 3 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB, 1 Flex LB/DL/DB
The Night's Watch
2016 3rd Place

Yahoo! Fantasy Profile

Reljac
Starter
Starter

Postby Reljac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 am

If the advertisements for DFS during the games would die, I'd be happy... man it got over the top on the number of advertisements.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Luck, C Wentz, C Palmer, S Bradford
RB: McCoy, David Johnson, I Crowell, J McKinnon, CJ Procise, D Henderson
WR: Julio, A Robinson, M Evans, M Thomas, B Perriman, M Williams, JuJu, C Samuel
TE: J Thomas, D Njoku
K: Gostkowski
DEF: Zona

2018: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd

Quint
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Quint » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:31 pm

The biggest mistake DFS made was having a bunch of college age drinking buddies running the show for so long. They had no clue what they were doing. They just rode the wave until it came crashing down. Not to mention the online poker cast offs that also had huge influence. They didn't realize that regular people love fantasy football. Those people don't want to go up again 400 teams from some "shark" in everything from the 25 cent GPP and beyond. They let the Sharks dictate the ecosystem. They paid the price because they waited too long to set better entry limits and restricting where a "Shark" could play. DK seems to be actively trying redeem itself in the last few months. They've made the most drastic changes when it comes to entry limits and shark restrictions. It will never be what it could have, because they really alienated a large group of customers and potential customers. Many of those folks will never give them another second of their time. My guess is, they will level into what's left of their niche. Also, the States are really taking a ton of money in taxes from these companies and they've continued to hammer people with the rake to compensate. They got greedy. A few people got rich, some went bankrupt and now we are here.