Gurley/Gordon Value

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Gurley/Gordon Value

Postby Bronx Bomber » Mon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

No need to debate where he's ranked. We all know he's the 1A or 1B to Gurley depending on preference. I had a Gordon owner asking for Tyner (don't worry this is not a team advice question) plus two extra big pieces and it got me wondering more about Gordon/Gurley's value as opposed to their ranks. This is where devy gets interesting much like salary cap leagues because not only do we have to project talent but also how long we will have players and when they will be able to help our team in whatever current construction. So how do we "value these guys at this stage in devy leagues? What type of deals are you seeing, what vets are getting moved or would you move? etc.
Last edited by Bronx Bomber on Tue May 27, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

NewtotheBiz
Starter
Starter

Re: Gurley/Gordon

Postby NewtotheBiz » Tue May 27, 2014 7:03 am

It's extremely hard to make moves involving devy players because of the unknown factors, especially the young ones. I have Thomas Tyner. Drafted him last year before he ever took a snap. His value to me is pretty high, but I am fully aware that his value comes with the risk associated with another two years (at minimum) of college football. Those risks include injury, overuse, hitting his ceiling, being exposed as a lesser talent, off-field problems, etc.

It is really tough to gauge devy player value, especially if you are attempting to equate to current NFL player value. Current NFL players, and even rookies, have already surpassed and overcome (or in some instances, been affected by) the trials and rigors of collegiate careers.

For example, Lache Seastrunk, KaDeem Carey, James Wilder Jr., Damien Williams, and Charles Sims all went in the 1st rd in my league devy draft last season. Most of those guys aren't worth a 2nd rd rookie pick at this point. Admittedly, RB is where you will see the greatest fluctuation in value because of the devaluation of the position in the NFL, and the physical beating they take leading to injury risk.
16-tm, 1-PPR, (SK:TK 3:1.5)
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 3DL 4LB 4DB

QB: Brady, Dalton
RB: Murray, DMart, Bernard, R Mathews, K Dixon
WR: Bryant, OBJ, Evans, Ty Hill, M Jones, Ty Williams, Gabriel, Beasley, Inman, Peake
TE: Eifert, J Thomas, Tye
K: Walsh
DL: Ansah, Wake, C Johnson, M Johnson, Fowler, Ygakoue
LB: D Jones, J Hicks, D Harris, Compton, M Kendricks
DB: Church, Graham, Quin, McDougald

12-tm Devy, .5PPR, (SK:TK 5:1)
1QB 2-3RB 3-5WR 1-2TE 3DL 3LB 3DB

QB: Cam, Stafford, E Manning, Cousins
RB: Bell, McCoy, Martin, Lacy, JStew, J White, J Rodgers
WR: Brown, OBJ, D Bryant, M Thomas, Decker, M Jones, Gabriel, Garcon, T Smith
TE: Reed, Henry, Rudolph
DL: Mack, Donald, Cox, Richardson, M Jackson, Spence