Alex Collins

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Alex Collins

Postby Bronx Bomber » Sat May 24, 2014 6:49 am

My devy mancrush. I love the way he runs with intensity and explosion. Looks to have good vision, and balance. Very strong runner that is growing and should be the prototypical height/weight. Top HS recruit, and produced as a freshman. I've seen comparisons to Crowell and Lynch so far that seem like good ones. Looks like many will have to decide between him and Clement (which should be a good debate for the next couple years).

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Alex Collins

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Personally my devy philosophy so far has been to mostly avoid investing in RB's that young unless they're true freaks because it's a position that takes a lot of pounding. A guy has to be closer to the NFL for me, I feel more confident in my projection of his talent into the NFL that way.

But I see the appeal here and in many of the younger RB's that are popular Devy's right now.

lifesyourcup
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lifesyourcup » Tue May 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Bronx Bomber wrote:My devy mancrush. I love the way he runs with intensity and explosion. Looks to have good vision, and balance. Very strong runner that is growing and should be the prototypical height/weight. Top HS recruit, and produced as a freshman. I've seen comparisons to Crowell and Lynch so far that seem like good ones. Looks like many will have to decide between him and Clement (which should be a good debate for the next couple years).
I've got Clement in a tier below Collins. Right now, it's Henry, Collins, Tyner and then everyone else for me.

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Thu May 29, 2014 6:05 pm

lifesyourcup wrote:
Bronx Bomber wrote:My devy mancrush. I love the way he runs with intensity and explosion. Looks to have good vision, and balance. Very strong runner that is growing and should be the prototypical height/weight. Top HS recruit, and produced as a freshman. I've seen comparisons to Crowell and Lynch so far that seem like good ones. Looks like many will have to decide between him and Clement (which should be a good debate for the next couple years).
I've got Clement in a tier below Collins. Right now, it's Henry, Collins, Tyner and then everyone else for me.
That mirrors my RB list for 2016. I feel they're a clear step ahead of everyone else with Clement and Taylor (whom I seem to like more than most) in the next tier, followed by a big drop. There's reason to be excited about Collins. He's the total package.

NewtotheBiz
Starter
Starter

Postby NewtotheBiz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:17 am

dlf_robl wrote:
lifesyourcup wrote:
That mirrors my RB list for 2016. I feel they're a clear step ahead of everyone else with Clement and Taylor (whom I seem to like more than most) in the next tier, followed by a big drop. There's reason to be excited about Collins. He's the total package.
I was able to pick up Collins in the 2nd round of a dilluted devy draft (2nd season) that my league is close to wrapping up.
16-tm, 1-PPR, (SK:TK 3:1.5)
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 3DL 4LB 4DB

QB: Brady, Dalton
RB: Murray, DMart, Bernard, R Mathews, K Dixon
WR: Bryant, OBJ, Evans, Ty Hill, M Jones, Ty Williams, Gabriel, Beasley, Inman, Peake
TE: Eifert, J Thomas, Tye
K: Walsh
DL: Ansah, Wake, C Johnson, M Johnson, Fowler, Ygakoue
LB: D Jones, J Hicks, D Harris, Compton, M Kendricks
DB: Church, Graham, Quin, McDougald

12-tm Devy, .5PPR, (SK:TK 5:1)
1QB 2-3RB 3-5WR 1-2TE 3DL 3LB 3DB

QB: Cam, Stafford, E Manning, Cousins
RB: Bell, McCoy, Martin, Lacy, JStew, J White, J Rodgers
WR: Brown, OBJ, D Bryant, M Thomas, Decker, M Jones, Gabriel, Garcon, T Smith
TE: Reed, Henry, Rudolph
DL: Mack, Donald, Cox, Richardson, M Jackson, Spence