Trying to start a devy league in my existing dynasty league

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Trying to start a devy league in my existing dynasty league

Postby Broncopain » Fri May 23, 2014 6:12 pm

So I'm the co commish in one of my dynasty leagues and I proposing the idea of having a devy added to our league. I was thinking about having the draft in July each team can select one. I was also thinking about only allowing players to be newly draft eligible for 2016 and further to be up for selection. So my first question is that a decent idea as to not butcher any owners plans for next years draft?

Also how would you determine the draft order for the devy draft?

I'm really looking for the next thing and I think this could add some fun to our league.

Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Re: Trying to start a devy league in my existing dynasty lea

Postby Broncopain » Sat May 24, 2014 7:30 am

Appreciate the help

lifesyourcup
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lifesyourcup » Sat May 24, 2014 11:15 pm

All the Devy leagues I'm in the Devy draft order is the same as the Rookie draft order.

You can let the league vote on when to add the Devy element.

paulsonemanarmy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby paulsonemanarmy » Sun May 25, 2014 6:48 am

I think having two or three devy players wouldn't water down the rookie draft too much.
I've heard some just go for opposite order of rookie draft. I like this, because the league winner mostly gets the last pick of the rookie draft, and this can alleviate that.
I think forcing people to choose between rookies and college players (if I'm understanding your plan correctly) is a great idea. You will be very surprised at how people value players differently.

Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bronx Bomber » Sun May 25, 2014 9:42 am

We just made the 5th round of our rookie drafts the single round devy draft. You'll have to ask the commish's here how to put in placeholders though. If only having a single round draft I don't see why you can't open the field to all of college FB. You'll find that it makes it more interesting and that the devy picks will be more valuable. It doesn't water things down much either because you'll have just as many owners taking 2016, 2017 players than guys taking 2015 players. Really makes for an interesting dynamic and for better trade talks. You'll have owners that wont trade away a devy but will trade a 1st and vice-verse.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:08 pm

If you're interested I can walk you through creating placeholder players, it's not difficult just slightly time consuming. And kind of strange, you can't delete them when the actual player pages come into existence during the Devy's rookie years, you can only "hide" them. Works just fine in my league though.

But I'm not going to type it all out unless you'd like the info lol.

Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Postby Broncopain » Mon May 26, 2014 6:45 am

Only reason I've thought about only making it newly available players from 2016 is I have a few very old school minded owners. These owners have already made their draft plans for next year known and their trades have reflected that. Figured this would be a bone to them to embrace the idea a lil bit.

I really do appreciate the feedback.

Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bronx Bomber » Mon May 26, 2014 7:43 am

marshallsnextarrest wrote:Only reason I've thought about only making it newly available players from 2016 is I have a few very old school minded owners. These owners have already made their draft plans for next year known and their trades have reflected that. Figured this would be a bone to them to embrace the idea a lil bit.

I really do appreciate the feedback.
In that case approach it as you will start with only 2016 prospects but then starting the following year it will be open to all college FB (if that's what you want). I do know plenty of leagues that limit devy's to the next year eligible guys but that seems a little boring to me personally.

Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Postby Broncopain » Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 am

After 2016 it will be all players available. At least that's the thought