Ask Me Anything

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
ajpmn01
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Ask Me Anything

Postby ajpmn01 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:26 am

Start up draft just began on a 24 team, SF, TE premium devy league. Rosters are 35 with a max of 12 devy spots. 2 copy league, but only one copy of devy players available in any draft. Start up includes rookie and devy.

With that many roster and devy spots, in what round should I look to target devy players? In SF, should I look at QBs before RB and WR?

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:18 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:26 am I don't play Devy, so my knowledge on those guys is severely limited.

Is JK Dobbins set to be the next Gurley/Saquon in a couple years, assuming health and such of course? Or is he a tier below, more like D. Cook or Michel or M. Gordon, etc?
Luckky,
I play Devy along with my IDp leagues so have some knowledge there also.
To me Dobbins falls in the range of a Kamara if he hits, to a Drake (when we thought he was not a full time player) or maybe a Corey Grant type. All depends on where he gets drafted. So that would not put him on the same level as some of the others you mentioned. He is definitely a different type of feature RB that what we have seen in the past at Ohio St. he is essentially a slightly bigger version on Curtis Samuel playing the Feature role instead of the Ohio St version of H-back (Samuel). I didn’t have him ranked as high as some, and agree with Travis he is a smaller satellite type back. With that said he still has huge upside in PPR formats as long as goes to the right offense (ala Kamara)....
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Travis,
What is your opinion on the 2 less known Louisville WR’s and the comps I have posted?
SR Jaylen Smith WR Louisville. 6-3 219 4.52 (looks faster on film) comp: Devante Adams (6-2 215 4.56)
SO Dez Fitzpatrick WR Louisville 6-1 202 4.43. Comp: Amari Cooper (6-1 209 4.42)

Not any talk out there I can see on any of they. Smith has some injury problems like Adams had. But Fitzpatrick has a nice season as a freshman last year and went unnoticed.....thoughts?
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:49 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:49 pm What are your thoughts on Demetris Robertson? I drafted him in a few leagues before his freshman year based on his elite athletic profile and intangibles as a person (his highlights from hs were some of my favorite I've seen recently). I typically avoid high school seniors, but after doing research on him, I became very smitten.

Now, I am starting to have some fears with all his injuries and lack of development (which are probably related). I also feel like he is being put into a Torrey Smith/Will Fuller box in that offense, which makes football sense in terms of the kind of athlete he is, but I can't say I love it as his owner in devy, haha. I still see the speed and the ability to create separation, but I wish he was developing a more rounded game.

What are your thoughts on him? How much is his upside still worth compared to some other, more established wrs in devy.
In my Devy leagues Robertson was a hyped pick last year. He has some upside in the same frame as the players you mentioned, but he has transferred if I’m not mistaken so that has been almost a death to value situation when they transfer. Worth a late round or deep Devy stash now imo.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:56 pm

dawgDYNASTY wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:54 pm Thoughts on D.K metcalf? Guy seems to have all the raw talent in the world. But the lack of production, especially between the 20s, has to be concerning. I wish i saw a little more seperation as well for someone who is supposed to be this athletic physical freak. Am i missing something here besides the acrobatic catches?

Also thoughts on where trey sermon ranks for you in 2020?
Metcalf to me is Treadwell 2.0. The WR landscape is slowing changing and will require more work for Devy evaluators in the future. We can no longer assume that a 6-4 220 WR is an automatic higher value than a 6-0 210 WR. Guys like Metcalf come out of high school highly ranked because they are men among boys and put up huge numbers. When they get to college and lack the production a huge red flag. There have been tons of them from DBG, Treadwell, Derunnya Wilson, Jon Baldwin, Auden Tate this year , and soon to be coming Juwan Johnson, are just a few recently.
Metcalfs NFL value will all hinge on his speed times and can he separate like Treadwell coming out. Maybe you get Kelvin Benjamin or maybe you get worse if they lack the quickness and speed. It was the same debate this year over Courtland Sutton.
I took a good look at Sermon for my Devy draft this year. The size, and athletic numbers seemed to be there ( but you can’t trust college size/speed numbers so highscool is even worse). But when I went to the film he looked like a guy with some moves but like he was running in mud. I moved him down my rankings a bit because of this. He reminded more if Isaiah Crowell than he did of Joe Mixon. Now none of the evals are for sure as any player can have new found dedication and step up there training.

dawgDYNASTY
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dawgDYNASTY » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:07 am

dawgs4life wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:56 pm
dawgDYNASTY wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:54 pm Thoughts on D.K metcalf? Guy seems to have all the raw talent in the world. But the lack of production, especially between the 20s, has to be concerning. I wish i saw a little more seperation as well for someone who is supposed to be this athletic physical freak. Am i missing something here besides the acrobatic catches?

Also thoughts on where trey sermon ranks for you in 2020?
Metcalf to me is Treadwell 2.0. The WR landscape is slowing changing and will require more work for Devy evaluators in the future. We can no longer assume that a 6-4 220 WR is an automatic higher value than a 6-0 210 WR. Guys like Metcalf come out of high school highly ranked because they are men among boys and put up huge numbers. When they get to college and lack the production a huge red flag. There have been tons of them from DBG, Treadwell, Derunnya Wilson, Jon Baldwin, Auden Tate this year , and soon to be coming Juwan Johnson, are just a few recently.
Metcalfs NFL value will all hinge on his speed times and can he separate like Treadwell coming out. Maybe you get Kelvin Benjamin or maybe you get worse if they lack the quickness and speed. It was the same debate this year over Courtland Sutton.
I took a good look at Sermon for my Devy draft this year. The size, and athletic numbers seemed to be there ( but you can’t trust college size/speed numbers so highscool is even worse). But when I went to the film he looked like a guy with some moves but like he was running in mud. I moved him down my rankings a bit because of this. He reminded more if Isaiah Crowell than he did of Joe Mixon. Now none of the evals are for sure as any player can have new found dedication and step up there training.
Agree 100% on metcalf. These are my concerns with him, being the next treadwell 2.0. And i agree with the changing landscape of wrs - more defined route running skills and agility seem to be favored by nfl teams lately and for good reason. These big wrs have proven to be projects - and more miss than hit lately. Still gotta take your shots tho - those julios and a.js only come around once in a while but they are a goldmine.

Im big on trey sermon--for now. Cant wait to see what he does this year. The running through mud is something ill have to go back and look at. I thought he showed quick feet and quite nimble for his size. A decent receiving option out of the backfield - with a few concentration drops. With still a few years to go - love his prospects

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:27 am

Interesting topic and keen on peoples view.

thoughts on Sewo Olonilua RB for TCU
QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB

QB: R Wilson,
RB: Elliott, Gordon, K Johnson, R Penny, Guice, I Smith
WR: Hopkins, Kupp, M Williams, MVS, Bisi Johnson, Butler, V Jefferson, Claypool
TE: Kittle, Graham, Oliver, Bryant (Cle)
K: Crosby, Rohrwasser
DB: Bates, Rapp, Flowers, Adderley
DL: Garrett, J Bosa, Josh Allen, Jonathan Allen
LB: J Smith, Hicks, R Evans, Ryan Connelly, Alexander, Barr

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Got an offer right now for Degenerates in sig

Give: Kelvin Benjamin

Get: Snead/Vance/2nd/3rd/4th(should be later picks)

Only draft eligible players can be selected as devy players so it’s not to depleted.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:18 am

Rosenbluu wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:17 pm Got an offer right now for Degenerates in sig

Give: Kelvin Benjamin

Get: Snead/Vance/2nd/3rd/4th(should be later picks)

Only draft eligible players can be selected as devy players so it’s not to depleted.
Blech. Nothing too exciting in that trade, but I think I'd send KB for that. I just don't think he's a game-changing fantasy asset.