New League Recap - Pipeline Dynasty

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
Miah35
Captain
Captain

New League Recap - Pipeline Dynasty

Postby Miah35 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:41 am

Hey all,

I started a new dynasty that gives owners the chance to draft an NCAA School and use that school's incoming rookies as "Pipeline" rights. Example: The Ohio State Owner would be able to add Ezekiel Elliott to his roster this year as part of the pipeline rights. He would also be able to add Michael Thomas if he had traded for another owners pipeline rights.

It is a fun way to keep tabs on college football all the way down to the recruiting level since it is also a devy league. Each owner get one set of pipeline rights and a devy pick of incoming freshmen or sophmores. We have completed both the initial Pipeline School draft, the first devy draft and are currently in the middle of the start-up draft.

Here is a link to the league if you want to check out by-laws and rosters. http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/61701#0

Pipeline Draft: This was the first draft we did where each owner gets to select a school. THis school will be your pipeline and team name going forward. The only way you can change it is if you trade it or there is a Penn State/Baylor controversy that causes the school to lose recruits/scholarships.

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Florida State
4. Alabama
5. USC
6. Georgia
7. Michigan
8. Ohio State
9. Texas A&M
10. Oklahoma
11. Stanford
12. Tennessee
13. Miami
14. Mississippi
15. Notre Dame
16. Oregon

Devy Draft: This was the 2nd draft and in reverse order of the pipeline draft. It included only players that were in their first 2 years of college starting this fall. Owners cannot draft a player from another owner's pipeline. It is allowed that you can draft a freshmen or sophmore from your own school. THis will ensure that you will own the guy when he enters the NFL should he transfer to a different school or be in a draft class where multiple players declare for the draft from your school. Example: The LSU owner devy'd Fournette when he was a freshmen and plane to use his pipeline rights on Dupri. He would get Dupri and fournette this year. THe devy draft is a tab on the site if you want to check it out.

I shared this as a way to try to get some new leagues going and anyone can use this format if they like. If you have any questions or would like to start a new league with this concept let me know. ALways happy to discuss dynasty. THere were a few kinks that needed to be fixed and few things I would do differently if starting a new league. I also think this would be an epic format to have an IDP league.

Anyways, thianks for reading and good luck this year.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: New League Recap - Pipeline Dynasty

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Looks like a very interesting concept. Thanks for sharing!