New unique dynasty startup. IDP, Devy, check it out!

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
sackdaddy
Charter Member
Charter Member

New unique dynasty startup. IDP, Devy, check it out!

Postby sackdaddy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:18 pm

I've been discussing the rules with our early owners and here's what I've got so far:

We are forming a 30 team league. This league will essentially be 3, 10 teams leagues because we will have 3 copies of each player (but nobody will be allowed to roster more than 1 copy). We'll call these Division A, B, and C. Buy-in for year one will be $25 for all 30 teams. After year 1, we will re-divide these teams based on how they finished year 1. Division A will be the best teams and buy-in for all subsequent years will be $50, Division B will be the middle of the road teams and will have a $25 buy-in for all subsequent years, Division C will be the worst teams and buy-in will be $10 for all subsequent years. After the realignment following year 1, you will be bumped up or bumped down a division based on how you finish. So if you end up in Division A for year 2, but finish in the last 2 places that year, you will drop to Division B and be replaced by the 2 top teams from that division... and on and on. As these moves take place, the players will inevitably end up duplicated within each division, and that's OK, just no doubling up per team.

Rules we've agreed on so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vhd ... sp=sharing

Here's some highlights:
- Devy Players. We'll hold a 5 round devy draft each season. This is my first step into deeper devy leagues, I've only been in a league where each team can have 1 devy player. I'd kinda like to have the league filled with owners that have a similar level of experience... but I'm most wanting solid, active owners more than anything else.

- Because some teams will be shifting divisions each season, rookie drafts picks will only be allowed to be traded for the immediate following year.

- IDP! Lineup will be 1 DT, 1 DE, 3 LB, 1 CB, 1 DB, I IDP flex

- Best Ball. I'd like to focus on team building rather than lineup setting. We'll have a 50 man active roster. In addition to the IDPs I just listed, we'll have 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 TE, 2 FLEX.

- Group Chat. We've started a group chat on the GroupMe app, all owners will need to join this group as I expect it to promote activity and bring everybody together better than the default MFL site chat. Activity makes good leagues!

... I'm open to other ideas as well, this is only the beginning, we're in the sharing ideas phase right now I need a few guys who are up to take on this challenge. Hit me up!

shootout101
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: New unique dynasty startup. IDP, Devy, check it out!

Postby shootout101 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:34 am

I'd be interested if still open

nstevens81
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nstevens81 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:09 pm

I'd be interested if you have an opening. nstevens81@gmail.com

cpdnsty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cpdnsty » Mon May 23, 2016 10:11 pm

Interested if there's still an opening c.poulin@me.com