2017 NFL draft eligible players

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 2017 NFL draft eligible players

Postby dlf_robw » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:17 am

Honestly a coin flip for me but give me Davis if I had to choose since he has fewer question marks surrounding his health. Feel talent is equal. Both very good.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:03 pm

I have the 5th pick in a devy league. Well 2017 class eligble. Corey Davis, Mike Williams are already on my roster and the only ones rostered of note. It's superflex. TE premium. WR are golden.. who do I target?

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Last edited by heydangle on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Since you say 2017 eligible only I'm thinking none of the RBs from that class are rostered. DeShaun Watson might also not be rostered.
So I would want one of:
Chubb
Cook
Fournette
Watson
Hurd

But I'm a Hurd truther, and out on the island with him a bit further than consensus.
Others might suggest McCaffery, JuJu (regardless of your WR situation), or Hood. Seems like a juicy spot to trade down and add another high devy pick (if possible). Hurd is probably more commonly in the 8-10 range of your format.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Noteworthy and relevant to this thread, overall:
Clemson WR Mike Williams has been fully cleared for football activities. As a precaution he will not be tackled in practice.

Link: https://twitter.com/Aaron_Brenner/statu ... 3290198017

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:40 am

DynoScout wrote:Since you say 2017 eligible only I'm thinking none of the RBs from that class are rostered. DeShaun Watson might also not be rostered.
So I would want one of:
Chubb
Cook
Fournette
Watson
Hurd

But I'm a Hurd truther, and out on the island with him a bit further than consensus.
Others might suggest McCaffery, JuJu (regardless of your WR situation), or Hood. Seems like a juicy spot to trade down and add another high devy pick (if possible). Hurd is probably more commonly in the 8-10 range of your format.
I actually had to consolidate because I had one too many devy assets than allowed...
Also was expecting JuJu and Dupre to be mentioned..

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:00 am

heydangle wrote:
DynoScout wrote:Since you say 2017 eligible only I'm thinking none of the RBs from that class are rostered. DeShaun Watson might also not be rostered.
So I would want one of:
Chubb
Cook
Fournette
Watson
Hurd

I actually had to consolidate because I had one too many devy assets than allowed...
Also was expecting JuJu and Dupre to be mentioned..
JuJu was mentioned. You mentioned being stacked at WR so I didn't focus on him or Dupre.
In general JuJu would be top 5 in your format but I wouldn't put Dupre up there, personally.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:00 pm

I wish Chubb hadn't torn his knee..

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:15 am

heydangle wrote:I wish Chubb hadn't torn his knee..
Yeah that's a major pin in the balloon of 2017. I'm still valuing him highly among his peers but in situations where it is prudent to be more risk adverse, I could understand downgrading him significantly.

Another consideration; if he's not fully healthy this season, we could see him enrolled at Georgia one season longer than most people expect. Sort of like what happened with Keith Marshall after his injuries.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:18 am

DynoScout wrote:
heydangle wrote:I wish Chubb hadn't torn his knee..
Yeah that's a major pin in the balloon of 2017. I'm still valuing him highly among his peers but in situations where it is prudent to be more risk adverse, I could understand downgrading him significantly.

Another consideration; if he's not fully healthy this season, we could see him enrolled at Georgia one season longer than most people expect. Sort of like what happened with Keith Marshall after his injuries.
Will he be the same. Dr Peak says 10-12 month recovery, and has a shot..

I know Fournette and Cook will go top 4. Will Chubb. I feel like I'll have a choice of a WR Juju or Dupre.. or Watson

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:28 pm

I have 1.1, 1.2, 1.8, and 1.9 in a combined rookie/devy draft that's upcoming. Its a 14 team, superflex, ppr. Who would you take in a combined draft? I'm thinking:

1.1- Zeke(safest among the group of rb's imo)
1.2- ?
1.8- Corey Davis
1.9- Mike Williams

Who do you like at 1.2? Would you go Juju, Fournette or D Watson? Is taking Davis @ 1.8 too early? Any thoughts from you experienced devy players would be great. Thanks

Edit- I have A Luck if that sways any opinions on whether or not I should take a QB.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:57 am

dipANDglide wrote:I have 1.1, 1.2, 1.8, and 1.9 in a combined rookie/devy draft that's upcoming. Its a 14 team, superflex, ppr. Who would you take in a combined draft? I'm thinking:

1.1- Zeke(safest among the group of rb's imo)
1.2- ?
1.8- Corey Davis
1.9- Mike Williams

Who do you like at 1.2? Would you go Juju, Fournette or D Watson? Is taking Davis @ 1.8 too early? Any thoughts from you experienced devy players would be great. Thanks

Edit- I have A Luck if that sways any opinions on whether or not I should take a QB.
Is this a first time draft? What I mean is since Zeke is available, am I safe to assume all the other top options from 2016/2017/2018 are available? As you can see by my sig, I love Davis and Mike Williams, but hard to say without knowing more info.

Two philosophies with devys...I personally like to go with the high end WRs as I think they are easier to predict and are less situation dependent. But going for top RB prospects can also pay off huge and is the cheapest you will ever get a top-5 RB. But there is a lot more injury risk/situation risk with them so you typically need more tickets to hit on.

QB is tricky here in Superflex as Goff/Wentz/Watson are all reasonable options at 1.2.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Tue May 03, 2016 5:19 am

Don't forget about Hunt from Toledo. He had a few injuries down the stretch that made him stay for another year, but he is a very productive small school back with size and athleticism.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Top 5 in superflex for the 2017 class and go..

I predict Fournette Chubb JuJu Cook Watson.. but I'm tempted to take a WR at 5. RBs are only .5 ppr, WR ppr, TE 1.5 ppr and it's superflex.will post draft here. I'm sitting in the 5 hole

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Tue May 17, 2016 8:52 am

heydangle wrote:Top 5 in superflex for the 2017 class and go..

I predict Fournette Chubb JuJu Cook Watson.. but I'm tempted to take a WR at 5. RBs are only .5 ppr, WR ppr, TE 1.5 ppr and it's superflex.will post draft here. I'm sitting in the 5 hole
It'd be between Juju, Chubb, and Watson for me. Watson is the safest pick with Juju and Chubb having the highest upside. Give me Juju.