how is the devy order determined?

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

how is the devy order determined?

Postby sloth8u » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:13 am

i play in only 1 devy league and i came in after the league had already started. im not sure if its always been this way, but they currently have a lottery for their 16 team devy draft order. im not sure the exact %'s each slot gets to earn the better picks...but it wouldnt appear that they are doing something right....the best teams from last year received the early picks this year.

i brought this up as an unfair draft situation and received some support, but ultimately nothing was changed. i guess i dont really have a problem with it as long as it isnt something thats changed in the future. im just wondering how devy picks are typically decided? i cant imagine that the top 2 or 3 teams typically have any or a significant shot at the top 3 picks do they?

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Re: how is the devy order determined?

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:04 am

I don't mind the teams that didn't make the playoffs having a lottery so it can deter tanking. But the playoff teams should NEVER get the top picks. That's so stupid. In my leagues the non playoff teams get the top spots from worst record to best record. Then the playoff teams get the rest. That's the way it should always be

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:04 am

When my league changed to devy, the startup devy draft used a randomized order, but going forward, we're doing a simple reverse order of standings. Yes, it leaves us open to tanking, but we'd rather deal with potential tankers than the inequity that comes from lotteries. We want the worst teams to get better more than we care about avoiding tanking.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:25 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:When my league changed to devy, the startup devy draft used a randomized order, but going forward, we're doing a simple reverse order of standings. Yes, it leaves us open to tanking, but we'd rather deal with potential tankers than the inequity that comes from lotteries. We want the worst teams to get better more than we care about avoiding tanking.

x2

NewtotheBiz
Starter
Starter

Postby NewtotheBiz » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:09 pm

In the leagues I am in, we use a reverse of possible points. It is impossible to tank in that scenario as PP calculate bemch points too, so it is a true measure of overall team strength.
16-tm, 1-PPR, (SK:TK 3:1.5)
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 3DL 4LB 4DB

QB: Brady, Dalton
RB: Murray, DMart, Bernard, R Mathews, K Dixon
WR: Bryant, OBJ, Evans, Ty Hill, M Jones, Ty Williams, Gabriel, Beasley, Inman, Peake
TE: Eifert, J Thomas, Tye
K: Walsh
DL: Ansah, Wake, C Johnson, M Johnson, Fowler, Ygakoue
LB: D Jones, J Hicks, D Harris, Compton, M Kendricks
DB: Church, Graham, Quin, McDougald

12-tm Devy, .5PPR, (SK:TK 5:1)
1QB 2-3RB 3-5WR 1-2TE 3DL 3LB 3DB

QB: Cam, Stafford, E Manning, Cousins
RB: Bell, McCoy, Martin, Lacy, JStew, J White, J Rodgers
WR: Brown, OBJ, D Bryant, M Thomas, Decker, M Jones, Gabriel, Garcon, T Smith
TE: Reed, Henry, Rudolph
DL: Mack, Donald, Cox, Richardson, M Jackson, Spence
LB: Shazier, T Davis, Barron, Ingram, Barron, Kerrigan
DB: K Coleman, Nelson, Addae

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:05 am

NewtotheBiz wrote:In the leagues I am in, we use a reverse of possible points. It is impossible to tank in that scenario as PP calculate bemch points too, so it is a true measure of overall team strength.
There is still a possibility of tanking believe it or not

NewtotheBiz
Starter
Starter

Postby NewtotheBiz » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:27 pm

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
NewtotheBiz wrote:In the leagues I am in, we use a reverse of possible points. It is impossible to tank in that scenario as PP calculate bemch points too, so it is a true measure of overall team strength.
There is still a possibility of tanking believe it or not
Please explain.
16-tm, 1-PPR, (SK:TK 3:1.5)
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 3DL 4LB 4DB

QB: Brady, Dalton
RB: Murray, DMart, Bernard, R Mathews, K Dixon
WR: Bryant, OBJ, Evans, Ty Hill, M Jones, Ty Williams, Gabriel, Beasley, Inman, Peake
TE: Eifert, J Thomas, Tye
K: Walsh
DL: Ansah, Wake, C Johnson, M Johnson, Fowler, Ygakoue
LB: D Jones, J Hicks, D Harris, Compton, M Kendricks
DB: Church, Graham, Quin, McDougald

12-tm Devy, .5PPR, (SK:TK 5:1)
1QB 2-3RB 3-5WR 1-2TE 3DL 3LB 3DB

QB: Cam, Stafford, E Manning, Cousins
RB: Bell, McCoy, Martin, Lacy, JStew, J White, J Rodgers
WR: Brown, OBJ, D Bryant, M Thomas, Decker, M Jones, Gabriel, Garcon, T Smith
TE: Reed, Henry, Rudolph
DL: Mack, Donald, Cox, Richardson, M Jackson, Spence
LB: Shazier, T Davis, Barron, Ingram, Barron, Kerrigan
DB: K Coleman, Nelson, Addae

BonesJackson23
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BonesJackson23 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:23 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:When my league changed to devy, the startup devy draft used a randomized order, but going forward, we're doing a simple reverse order of standings. Yes, it leaves us open to tanking, but we'd rather deal with potential tankers than the inequity that comes from lotteries. We want the worst teams to get better more than we care about avoiding tanking.
This is odd. This is exactly what tanking prevents... If players tank, they are effectively tampering with the standings, preventing the actual worst teams from getting the top picks.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:00 am

BonesJackson23 wrote:
This is odd. This is exactly what tanking prevents... If players tank, they are effectively tampering with the standings, preventing the actual worst teams from getting the top picks.
It's honestly never been an issue. Probably because we all know each other IRL.