Rookie Draft #7

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
austing
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Rookie Draft #7

Postby austing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:17 pm

FiremanEd wrote:He responded 2 weeks late questioning the credibility of the mock. I identified the confusion and provided context.

He spelled the name of a high ranking prospect wrong and attempted to speak to him and his standing. If a person doesn't even know a top 10 prospects name, it speaks to reduced credibility on their knowledge of that prospect. Anyone can regurgitate an ADP. If you actually watch/follow a player, you know his name. Especially a top level talent.

Adding a 'd' to a word, and very minor grammatical items when typing on a phone are items unrelated to football and not in the same ballpark of the topic. If you feel they are one and the same then have at it. My comments related to football and perceived credibility. Yours spoke to unrelated online grammar policing. In all reality, the unnecessary clarification is a waste of time, so we can agree to disagree and leave it here.
Well let me come in two weeks late again and just say: "Sheesh dude take a chill pill." haha. Fantasy football=fun, not an excuse to be 'douchey' (pardon my horrid spelling and/or grammar). I honestly wasn't trying to discredit the mock, merely casting my opinion about three specific picks that were vastly too low PRE-DRAFT and became even worse rankings POST-DRAFT. FYI I had these three players ranked where they are BEFORE the NFL draft happened, I promise. David Johnson is a height/weight/speed guy for me like knile davis was last year (I thought the sites were crazy with duke and abdullah as high as they were-I'll take bell and lacy types). A-G-H-O-L-O-R had the ODB all around polish unlike Lee really had in the USC system which caused me to put him right after Parker PRE-NFL-DRAFT. For some reason I have always accidentally put an N in his name but thanks to you I have fixed that now thanks. I have also always followed him closely regardless of your feelings about name recognition. And Yeldon was unfairly pushed down because of Henry's emergence in his senior year based on what I saw from his sophomore and junior seasons and what I know of the shortsighted flavor of the month club that is fantasy rb value. I had him as the 4th best RB after Gordon Gurley and Coleman PREDRAFT. However, you must be right, syntax and spelling correctness are the most important factors in fantasy football analysis. Also a bit hypocritical to speak about wasting time after your initial detractive statement about what you thought of my comment but I digress.. You act so authoritatively man. Are you sure your not a cop, Firemaned? JK and have a good one
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Re: Rookie Draft #7

Postby operwapitsai » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:41 am

austing wrote:
FiremanEd wrote:He responded 2 weeks late questioning the credibility of the mock. I identified the confusion and provided context.

He spelled the name of a high ranking prospect wrong and attempted to speak to him and his standing. If a person doesn't even know a top 10 prospects name, it speaks to reduced credibility on their knowledge of that prospect. Anyone can regurgitate an ADP. If you actually watch/follow a player, you know his name. Especially a top level talent.

Adding a 'd' to a word, and very minor grammatical items when typing on a phone are items unrelated to football and not in the same ballpark of the topic. If you feel they are one and the same then have at it. My comments related to football and perceived credibility. Yours spoke to unrelated online grammar policing. In all reality, the unnecessary clarification is a waste of time, so we can agree to disagree and leave it here.
Well let me come in two weeks late again and just say: "Sheesh dude take a chill pill." haha. Fantasy football=fun, not an excuse to be 'douchey' (pardon my horrid spelling and/or grammar). I honestly wasn't trying to discredit the mock, merely casting my opinion about three specific picks that were vastly too low PRE-DRAFT and became even worse rankings POST-DRAFT. FYI I had these three players ranked where they are BEFORE the NFL draft happened, I promise. David Johnson is a height/weight/speed guy for me like knile davis was last year (I thought the sites were crazy with duke and abdullah as high as they were-I'll take bell and lacy types). A-G-H-O-L-O-R had the ODB all around polish unlike Lee really had in the USC system which caused me to put him right after Parker PRE-NFL-DRAFT. For some reason I have always accidentally put an N in his name but thanks to you I have fixed that now thanks. I have also always followed him closely regardless of your feelings about name recognition. And Yeldon was unfairly pushed down because of Henry's emergence in his senior year based on what I saw from his sophomore and junior seasons and what I know of the shortsighted flavor of the month club that is fantasy rb value. I had him as the 4th best RB after Gordon Gurley and Coleman PREDRAFT. However, you must be right, syntax and spelling correctness are the most important factors in fantasy football analysis. Also a bit hypocritical to speak about wasting time after your initial detractive statement about what you thought of my comment but I digress.. You act so authoritatively man. Are you sure your not a cop, Firemaned? JK and have a good one
lol
TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: J. Allen, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, M. Brown, G. Edwards, F. Gore
WR: J. Jefferson, J. Landry, M. Brown, AJ Green, J. Washington
TE: E. Engram, E. Ebron

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: J. Herbert, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, R. Jones, AJ Dillon, J. McKinnon
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, C. Samuel, J. Jeudy, CD Lamb, D. Johnson