top 5 for bigger leagues

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

top 5 for bigger leagues

Postby lawilt » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:16 am

does your top 5 change if it were a 32 team single copy player league? if so what does it become

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: top 5 for bigger leagues

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:22 am

I don't know if I understand the question. Do you mean top 5 players? No, size of the league doesn't change the top 5, the settings do. PPR increases for WRs. If starting requirements 3 RBs, value increases for RBs, Size of the league does not change player value when it comes to ranking them 1 through 5.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:21 am

so you don't think 32 team league cause the value or rbs or qbs to get inflated

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:36 am

I play in 32 teamer / single-player leagues, and QB values are much bigger there. If you need a starter from the rookie class (and there are usually plenty of teams who need starters) you have to spend a top 10 pick.

In the leagues I play in, Luck and RG3 both went in the top 4 in two leagues in 2012, EJ Manuel went in the top 8 in two leagues in 2013, Bortles, Manziel and Teddy went between #1-#12 in three leagues last year.

Thus I would say, any rookie QB drafted to a good NFL situation should be valued slightly behind (or right in the mix if you have a pressing need) the first-tier RB/WRs in this kind of leagues. Of course, hype will also play a role. If Jameis goes to Tampa, he should frequently go in the top-5 in 32-teamers. I'm just glad I don't need a QB this year.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:47 am

lawilt wrote:so you don't think 32 team league cause the value or rbs or qbs to get inflated
Your original question didn't target a specific position, just "top 5".

I am in two 32-team leagues (duplicate rosters though). It didn't change the value of any positions. WRs early, Luck & Rodgers in the 2nd round, etc.

If there is only 1 copy of each player, then I can imagine QBs being VERY important.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134