Top Draft Pick 1.1 Post Combine

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.

Who's your 1.1 Player regardless of Need

Gurley
53%
Gordon
15%
Cooper
11%
White
21%
DGB
No votes

Total votes: 73

DynastyDog
Role Player
Role Player

Top Draft Pick 1.1 Post Combine

Postby DynastyDog » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:19 pm

Rookie Draft 1.1 Pick. Who do you have. Previous Post had gordon as 1.1. This poll is post combine and wanted to see if anything changed.

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Top Draft Pick 1.1 Post Combine

Postby HEADBANGER » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:41 am

I'm not getting 1.1 this year so not voting. For me if I had 1.1 or 1.2 I would be shopping those for extra picks in the middle of round 1 where there should be good value for several starters.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

DynastyDog
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDog » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:57 pm

I am surprised that Gurley is winning by this much. On the poll done before Indy Gordon was the winner. Gordon performed well in Indy also.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:24 am

DynastyDog wrote:I am surprised that Gurley is winning by this much. On the poll done before Indy Gordon was the winner. Gordon performed well in Indy also.
I like Gurley a lot, I just don't buy the fact he's so much better than everyone else. He's really good, but I have him as my 4th prospect, behind Gordon, Cooper and White. Gurley has a lot of potential, but he runs too high for my liking. His starting position is terrible IMO. I have never seen a back stand so upright before the snap. When he takes the hand-off, he's too high a lot, but because Georgia's line blocked so well, it wasn't exposed and much as it will be in the pros. With this bad habit, and an injury history, I don't feel he'll have longevity. Great pass catcher, and a good pass blocker. Great straight ahead power runner, has good one cut ability, but can't change direction well multiple times is sequence. That's not really to be expected for a back that plays at over 230 lbs, though. I thnk Gordon and Gurley are both very good, but totally different backs, just as I think Cooper and White are both very good, but totally different receivers. It just comes down to preference. I don't agree with anybody who has any of these 4 on a different tier level in terms of talent. Gurley is not on a tier of his own. He is in a tier shared by these other 3 IMO, but is the only one with a significant injury history, and that's why I have him at 4.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick