My 3 Round 2017 Mock Draft PPR

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

My 3 Round 2017 Mock Draft PPR

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:24 pm

All these draft positions are based off my individual ranking of each skill position

Round 1:

1. RB Leonard Fournette LSU
2. RB Dalvin Cook Florida State
3. WR Mike Williams Clemson
4. RB Nick Chubb Georgia
5 WR Corey Davis Western Michigan
6. RB Joe Mixon Oklahoma
7. RB Wayne Gallman Clemson
8. RB Marlon Mack USF
9. WR Juju Smith-Schuster
10. WR John Ross Washington
11. RB Christian McCaffrey Stanford
12. RB D'Onta Foreman Texas

Round 2:

1. WR Josh Reynolds Texas A&M
2. WR Courtland Sutton SMU
3. TE OJ Howard Alabama
4. WR Dede Westbrook Oklahoma
5. RB Jamaal Williams BYU
6. WR James Washington Oklahoma State
7. TE/WR Bucky Hodges Virginia Tech
8. WR Isaiah Ford Virginia Tech
9. WR Malachi Dupre LSU
10. RB Brian Hill Wyoming
11. QB Deshone Kizer Notre Dame
12. RB Matthew Dayes NC State

Round 3:

1. QB Mitch Trubisky North Carolina
2. WR Zay Jones Eastern Carolina
3. TE Evan Engram Florida State
4. RB Royce Freeman Oregon
5. QB Brad Kaaya Notre Dame
6. RB Semaje Perine Oklahoma
7. RB De'Veon Smith Michigan
8. WR Travin Dural LSU
9. WR Josh Atkinson Tulsa
10. WR Taywan Taylor Western Kentucky
11. RB Kareem Hunt Toledo
12. WR Cooper Kupp Eastern Washington
I'm just going to keep this up to date for you guys as my big board. Comment or ask questions please.
[Edit 11/11/16]
Last edited by alewilliam789 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: My 3 Round 2017 Mock Draft PPR

Postby DynoScout » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:07 am

Interesting, and thank you for putting this out there. Personally, I'm still in the 'bin and sort' phase of my process, but I'll share some observations/post some questions.

1. What makes you think that Malachi Dupre and Jalen Hurd will go back to school, and why doesn't that thought process apply to guys like Christian McCaffrey and Courtland Sutton?
1B. If Dupre and Hurd were part of the pool of players you ranked, about what range would you have them in the above?

2. What does Gallman do that guys like Perine or Mixon don't do? Do you see Gallman a full tier better than these guys going ~1 round later?

3. How about some of the WR that are coming from off the radar but putting up big numbers, like WR Amba Etta-Tawo (SYR) and WR Chad Hansen (CAL)? Need to see more before including them, or were they considered here?

amazehayes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby amazehayes » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:35 am

I don't see Watson or Kaaya falling that late, maybe depending on the league. Why is Royce Freeman so low?

amazehayes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby amazehayes » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:40 am

DynoScout wrote:Interesting, and thank you for putting this out there. Personally, I'm still in the 'bin and sort' phase of my process, but I'll share some observations/post some questions.

1. What makes you think that Malachi Dupre and Jalen Hurd will go back to school, and why doesn't that thought process apply to guys like Christian McCaffrey and Courtland Sutton?
1B. If Dupre and Hurd were part of the pool of players you ranked, about what range would you have them in the above?

2. What does Gallman do that guys like Perine or Mixon don't do? Do you see Gallman a full tier better than these guys going ~1 round later?
1. McCaffrey might stay, his dad and brother both stayed all four years and he's having a very down year which might hurt his draft stock. Honestly, I don't see him projecting into the NFL very well unless he lands in a very favorable PPR location like New England or New Orleans. I see him as a Shane Vereen, Dion Lewis, Darren Sproles player.

2. I'm a huge Gallman fan. I saw what he did to Louisville a couple weeks ago and started watching more tape on him and he can shred defenses. He is shifty, has great vision IMO, runs hard and has great yards after contact. He has a concussion right now and he's not practicing this week (they're on a bye), so we'll see how he does next week against FSU

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Isaiah Ford should be in every 1st round of any 2017 mock.

Fred Ross needs to be on this list somewhere. I would put him in the 2nd round.

I would put Evan Engram higher. He's a 1st/2nd round TE (real draft).

McCaffery should be higher as well.

Those are just some of the ones that immediately jumped out to me.

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:41 pm

As fun as Mahomes is to watch and the gaudy numbers he puts up I just don't see him as an NFL QB..
Nevertheless, seeing the names laid out, this is going to be a deep deep draft.

dynasty12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty12 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:17 am

James Washington and Kareem Hunt should be in there somewhere.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:38 pm

DynoScout wrote:Interesting, and thank you for putting this out there. Personally, I'm still in the 'bin and sort' phase of my process, but I'll share some observations/post some questions.

3. How about some of the WR that are coming from off the radar but putting up big numbers, like WR Amba Etta-Tawo (SYR) and WR Chad Hansen (CAL)? Need to see more before including them, or were they considered here?
1. Dupre and Hurd both have a better chance to improve their numbers and their draft stock by returning. Dupre I could see leaving, but I think with Hurd he's lucky to even be drafted.

2. Now after seeing tape Mixon you can see he's at the top of my rankings. Dynamic pass catcher, and such a beautifully patient runner. With Gallman he's got such a great combination of quickness, power, and vision. Isn't the greatest athlete, but just from watching tape I see a much better RB than Perine. Not very high on Perine at all because he's smaller for a back with his play style, not shifty, and not all that fast. Very underwhelming athlete in a good system.

3. Added Amba Etta-Tawo because he's been dynamic and has showed good hands/route running in that Syracuse offense. For me, and I'm sure NFL teams, workouts will be key and he will need to blow up at the combine to be a 3rd/4th round receiver. Just don't see a player like Hansen getting drafted outside of the 6th/ 7th round and holding much value in dynasty formats. Just doesn't flash anything special on tape.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:Isaiah Ford should be in every 1st round of any 2017 mock.

Fred Ross needs to be on this list somewhere. I would put him in the 2nd round.

I would put Evan Engram higher. He's a 1st/2nd round TE (real draft).

McCaffery should be higher as well.

Those are just some of the ones that immediately jumped out to me.
Disagree with Engram. Very skinny for a TE. He's more of a Devin Funchess type than a true TE. Unless he lands in a really good situation I don't see him being more than a later round picks in dyansty drafts.

I love McCaffrey as a Ellington type. Not an every down back, but one that you gives 12-15 touches with 8-10 carries and 4-5 catches out of the backfield. Fantastic PPR asset, but don't see him with every down potential. Hoping that the NFL team that drafts him doesn't try and turn him into a slot like Tavon Austin.

Ross hasn't distinguished himself from a very deep field so he's a player that's most likely going to reside in and out of my 3rd round until combine and draft.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:50 pm

amazehayes wrote:I don't see Watson or Kaaya falling that late, maybe depending on the league. Why is Royce Freeman so low?
From all the tape I've seen of Royce Freeman he just hasn't showed much. Struggles mightily to change gears and to make cuts, has improved in 2016 though, doesn't exhibit good vision and runs into the backs of lineman a lot, and really doesn't have dominant NFL athleticism. I'm still questioning ranking that high tbh.

I honestly just wouldn't take a QB with a 1st rounder unless it was a desperate need. Winston was the only one I would have taken and he was still taken in the 2nd in both of my Dynasty drafts. I love Watson and he originally in my top 12. He is a dynamic talent that has slightly dropped off due to a ridiculous amount of drops and marginal WR play. For this QB class I think that all this talk by scouts that it's bad/marginal is going to marignalize/devalue players like Kaaya and Trubisky. Like last year where Wentz, Goff, and Lynch were all 3rd round/late 2nd round picks.