2010 Rookie PPR Draft IDP.. 3 RDS Pre-Draft/Post Combine

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:37 pm

25. (3.01) - Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota - The top 5 WRs are gone, but I think Decker could be a nice consolation prize for anyone that doesn't have a top 20 pick in rookie drafts this year. He's got great size and he has excellent hands. He's not a track star, but has pretty good speed and will be a solid possession guy with his route running skills.

26. (3.02) Vintage - Eric Berry - I took a chance with A.Curry last year, and LB's can be deceiving if you ask me. Quarterbacks love to pick on the rookies and after seeing the outstanding performance from Louis Delmas, I'll take a shot at the next top safety in this year's class and hope he turns out to be the next D.Sharper!

27. (3.03) SteelersFan WR - Andre Roberts - Citadel. Tremendous value here for an overlooked WR from a small school. Possesses all the tools to be at least a WR3 with a low end WR1 upside. Roberts is 5'10 and runs a 4.46 40 who possesses fantastic hands and precise route running. In the right situation, could become a fantasy starter in a ppr format. Most resembles Eddie Royal in build and playing style.

28. (3.4) TWR Arron Hernandez TE Florida - could be the best TE out of this class... think dustin keller.

29. (3.5) hosler427 Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona - I was hoping for Blount, Decker or Roberts to be on the board. This was a very tough pick. I decided to go offense on this one. Gronkowski is #1 on some TE draft boards and he has a lot of upside. The back injury is a concern and I was also considering Jordan Shipley and Sergio Kindle with this pick.

30. (3.6) James Starks, RB Buffalo - Really suprised he's still here. You can put me on the record as saying LaGarette Blount will be out of the league within two seasons. Starks has an injury risk after missing his senior season, but he had one hell of a career. And he projects really nicely into the 4-5 roudns of the draft where lots of teams with crappy veteran backs ('Skins, 'Hawks (assuming they don't take spiller), Bengals) will be looking for young runners after using early round picks to fill their other holes. Again, I like to go big or go home.

31. (3.7) Joique Bell, RB Wayne State - Figured I would take a flyer on this guy since I have heard some good things about him. If he lands in the right situation, I could see his draft stock moving up higher than this too.

32. (3.8) Jacoby Ford, WR Clemson - I feel like the Al Davis of this draft. Give me the speed and homerun threat here.

33. rkrazy - (3.09) Taylor Price, WR, Ohio - Best available receiver on the board. Posted very good numbers at the combine. In the right situation Price could shine in 3 years. Has all the tools to play at the next level. Like most (read: all) mid round WR prospects he is unpolished and will need to work on his route running and separation techniques against NFL competition. Also considered Carlton Mitchell, Mike Williams and TE here. Still some good IDP value too...Thomas, Mays, Washington, Lee and Kindle.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 pm

25. (3.01) - Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota - The top 5 WRs are gone, but I think Decker could be a nice consolation prize for anyone that doesn't have a top 20 pick in rookie drafts this year. He's got great size and he has excellent hands. He's not a track star, but has pretty good speed and will be a solid possession guy with his route running skills.

26. (3.02) Vintage - Eric Berry - I took a chance with A.Curry last year, and LB's can be deceiving if you ask me. Quarterbacks love to pick on the rookies and after seeing the outstanding performance from Louis Delmas, I'll take a shot at the next top safety in this year's class and hope he turns out to be the next D.Sharper!

27. (3.03) SteelersFan WR - Andre Roberts - Citadel. Tremendous value here for an overlooked WR from a small school. Possesses all the tools to be at least a WR3 with a low end WR1 upside. Roberts is 5'10 and runs a 4.46 40 who possesses fantastic hands and precise route running. In the right situation, could become a fantasy starter in a ppr format. Most resembles Eddie Royal in build and playing style.

28. (3.4) TWR Arron Hernandez TE Florida - could be the best TE out of this class... think dustin keller.

29. (3.5) hosler427 Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona - I was hoping for Blount, Decker or Roberts to be on the board. This was a very tough pick. I decided to go offense on this one. Gronkowski is #1 on some TE draft boards and he has a lot of upside. The back injury is a concern and I was also considering Jordan Shipley and Sergio Kindle with this pick.

30. (3.6) James Starks, RB Buffalo - Really suprised he's still here. You can put me on the record as saying LaGarette Blount will be out of the league within two seasons. Starks has an injury risk after missing his senior season, but he had one hell of a career. And he projects really nicely into the 4-5 roudns of the draft where lots of teams with crappy veteran backs ('Skins, 'Hawks (assuming they don't take spiller), Bengals) will be looking for young runners after using early round picks to fill their other holes. Again, I like to go big or go home.

31. (3.7) Joique Bell, RB Wayne State - Figured I would take a flyer on this guy since I have heard some good things about him. If he lands in the right situation, I could see his draft stock moving up higher than this too.

32. (3.8) Jacoby Ford, WR Clemson - I feel like the Al Davis of this draft. Give me the speed and homerun threat here.

33. rkrazy - (3.09) Taylor Price, WR, Ohio - Best available receiver on the board. Posted very good numbers at the combine. In the right situation Price could shine in 3 years. Has all the tools to play at the next level. Like most (read: all) mid round WR prospects he is unpolished and will need to work on his route running and separation techniques against NFL competition. Also considered Carlton Mitchell, Mike Williams and TE here. Still some good IDP value too...Thomas, Mays, Washington, Lee and Kindle.

34. 3.10 - Stefon Johnson, RB USC - Kids looks the part, could have been in the Top 5 Backs if he didn't get hurt. Was a top recruit at RB coming into college.

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:40 pm

34. 3.10 - Stefon Johnson, RB USC - Kids looks the part, could have been in the Top 5 Backs if he didn't get hurt. Was a top recruit at RB coming into college.

35. 3.11 - Dezmon Briscoe, WR Kansas - A solid route runner who can find the open field, he has the size NFL teams look for and can time his jump to make the catch at it's highest point. He needs to step up his physicality and fix his character issues, but Briscoe can make athletic catches, gain yards once the ball is in his hands, and run with power.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 pm

gratefulydead3 wrote:25. (3.01) - Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota - The top 5 WRs are gone, but I think Decker could be a nice consolation prize for anyone that doesn't have a top 20 pick in rookie drafts this year. He's got great size and he has excellent hands. He's not a track star, but has pretty good speed and will be a solid possession guy with his route running skills.

35. 3.11 - Dezmon Briscoe, WR Kansas - A solid route runner who can find the open field, he has the size NFL teams look for and can time his jump to make the catch at it's highest point. He needs to step up his physicality and fix his character issues, but Briscoe can make athletic catches, gain yards once the ball is in his hands, and run with power.

36. 3.12- Deji Karim, RB So.Illinois- Well, I was wrong about the guy I was thinking about at 2.12 still being around at 3.12, but Karim is a nice consolation. Ultra-productive in college, he flashed in the Texas v. Nation all-star week, then put up top 5/top 10 workout numbers at his pro day. The team with the last pick in the last round of the rookie draft usually can afford to swing for the fences, and I'll take an upside back over a receiver/defender 99% of the time in this spot.

Also considered Charles Scott and Dimitri Nance at this spot but Karim's production and measurables make him the pick

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:10 am

great job guys.

ill have another one RIGHT after the draft if we have interest again... might only be 2 rounds though instead of 3... i know most dynasty leagues want to hold the rookie drafts right out of the GATE... great job.

ill also average the moves in spots.. and try and determine a average for the players.