Mock Draft 3.0 - Discussion

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:54 am

hosler427 wrote:
skip wrote:
hosler427 wrote:Pick 15 passes and Spiller and Bryant are still on the board. I could see this happening but at about this point I think teams in the 20's would be calling like crazy to trade up.
Seattle has no one at the RB position. I have a hard time envisioning them not selecting him at 14.
We will see but I don't see Spiller as an every down RB and if he isn't, than how can you justify taking him at 14 with the possibility of getting an every down guy at the end of the 2nd round?
I suspect that any team with this mindset and a need at RB is going to be kicking themselves later. I had Spiller rated ahead of every RB that came out last season had he declared. This season I think the gap is a little bigger.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 pm

skip wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
skip wrote: Seattle has no one at the RB position. I have a hard time envisioning them not selecting him at 14.
We will see but I don't see Spiller as an every down RB and if he isn't, than how can you justify taking him at 14 with the possibility of getting an every down guy at the end of the 2nd round?
I suspect that any team with this mindset and a need at RB is going to be kicking themselves later. I had Spiller rated ahead of every RB that came out last season had he declared. This season I think the gap is a little bigger.
Spiller split with RB-James Davis (CLE) I think if he was really as good as 4.24 he'd go in the top 10 easy. Seattle traded down for Whitehurst, and also traded D.Tapp. A DE like Morgan is spot on imo, one article compares him to Julius Peppers, so if P.Carroll wants to gamble with a runner like McKnight in Round 2 I can easily agree with OT/DE with their two first picks.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Vintage wrote:
skip wrote:
hosler427 wrote: We will see but I don't see Spiller as an every down RB and if he isn't, than how can you justify taking him at 14 with the possibility of getting an every down guy at the end of the 2nd round?
Spiller split with RB-James Davis (CLE) I think if he was really as good as 4.24 he'd go in the top 10 easy. Seattle traded down for Whitehurst, and also traded D.Tapp. A DE like Morgan is spot on imo, one article compares him to Julius Peppers, so if P.Carroll wants to gamble with a runner like McKnight in Round 2 I can easily agree with OT/DE with their two first picks.
mendy was a backup his sophmore season
knowshon moreno split time with thomas brown his RSfresh year
Chris johnson played in CUSA... and didnt earn a starting role until he was a senior... (hurt in his junior year i believe)..

james davis was averaging over 5 yards a carry when spiller showed up... and guess what... every season his carries went down.... spiller is that good.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Well, Spiller just went at #17 in the mock...I think that is as low as he will go in the real draft as well. If Haden wasn't on the board, I assume he would have been the pick for the niners at 13

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:43 pm

hosler427 wrote:Well, Spiller just went at #17 in the mock...I think that is as low as he will go in the real draft as well. If Haden wasn't on the board, I assume he would have been the pick for the niners at 13
as he was in this mock. The 49ers would thrilled I'd imagine if they landed the #1 CB and RB/KR in this draft.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:43 pm

It would be interesting if the actual NFL draft shaped up like ours, to see how Dez Bryant acts in the green room, as he's forced to sit a wait....

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Shocked by the pouncey pick. Steelers need cb bad and Kyle Wilson was right in their wheelhouse!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:05 pm

hot nikkels wrote:Shocked by the pouncey pick. Steelers need cb bad and Kyle Wilson was right in their wheelhouse!
The Steelers' most obvious shortcoming was their offensive line play last season. I think it has to be their primary focus in this draft. I have a couple of other OLs rated in front of Pouncey, but the need is clearly there.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:19 pm

lately iv had a feeling that the falcons will select a WR or RB... look at what the colts have been able to accomplish surrounding their franchise player with weapons year in and year out... love the dez pick, and at the #19 pick, you cant let that talent fall any further.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:34 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:lately iv had a feeling that the falcons will select a WR or RB... look at what the colts have been able to accomplish surrounding their franchise player with weapons year in and year out... love the dez pick, and at the #19 pick, you cant let that talent fall any further.
I am very confident the Falcons need a RB in this draft. I am far from a believer in the longevity of Turner or any quality of play from Norwood or Snelling. I think they need to get an RB in this draft to groom to take over at some point mid-season when Turner gets hurt again if they want any chance to progress thru the post season.

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 pm

So far, I love the San Fran draft. Like was said above, to be able to land both Joe Haden then get CJ Spiller is a major coup and really solidifies that team. I would love for Haden to fall to Atlanta at 19 after his sub par combine times, but he had to go and redeem himself at his Florida pro day :D

As for my pick, I just thought that Bryant has too much talent to let slide any more. As for the Falcons needing a running back, I tend to agree. I would love to see them snag a guy like Dwyer in the third if he falls like it looks he may.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:05 pm

moneyballer wrote:So far, I love the San Fran draft. Like was said above, to be able to land both Joe Haden then get CJ Spiller is a major coup and really solidifies that team. I would love for Haden to fall to Atlanta at 19 after his sub par combine times, but he had to go and redeem himself at his Florida pro day :D

As for my pick, I just thought that Bryant has too much talent to let slide any more. As for the Falcons needing a running back, I tend to agree. I would love to see them snag a guy like Dwyer in the third if he falls like it looks he may.
dwyer to the falcons would be sick as well. thats why i like the dez pick at 19... RBs will be there in the 2nd.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:56 am

skip wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:Shocked by the pouncey pick. Steelers need cb bad and Kyle Wilson was right in their wheelhouse!
The Steelers' most obvious shortcoming was their offensive line play last season. I think it has to be their primary focus in this draft. I have a couple of other OLs rated in front of Pouncey, but the need is clearly there.
They need help in both areas, but looking at the division they need to address CB before center. The offensive acquisitions of Baltimore and Cincy make CB a more pressing need.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:51 am

grimace wrote:If Clausen falls, I'm saying it now, the Vikings will trade up into about 16-18 range to snag him for the QB of the Future after Farve Retires for real.
That would be an ideal landing spot for any rookie QB. Clausen to Rice and Harvin would make me want Clausen on my fantasy team, not to mention the running game that would protect him.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 am

bigcsr67 - I don't think it is a big no brainer that the Chargers will take a 1st round RB. I actually think a nose tackle like Mount Cody will slide into the end of the first round and the Chargers have a huge need there. It is harder to find a nose tackle than an RB. Mathews is a solid pick though...just wouldn't call it a no brainer