Mock Draft 3.0 - PICKS ONLY

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 am

With the 15th selection in the NFL Draft, the New York Giants select Brandon Graham DE Michigan

The Giants weren't the same last year and it was because of a mediocre pass rush. Justin Tuck is banged up too easily and Osi finds himself struggling against the run now. Either way, depth is seriously needed. Brandon Graham is a great player and incredibly strong for his size. Something tells me Osi will get dealt or released by draft day so I am letting my gut guide me on this one. Another reason I am going this direction is linebacker is a position that Jerry Reese traditionally values less. I could see them going with Sean Weatherspoon here to fill the void left my Antonio Pierce but there is going to be excellent value at linebacker in the 2nd round. Also the rumors about the Giants going after CJ Spiller I think are a smoke screen IMO. The team needs a lot of defensive help and unless they have Spiller as an every down RB, I can't see them doing this is the first round.

Other Considerations: Earl Thomas, Sean Weatherspoon, CJ Spiller, Sergio Kindle

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:37 am

With the 16th pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Tennessee Titans select Earl Thomas, DB, University of Texas

DE is a real possibility, but the G-Men surprised with Brandon Graham. Thomas has the speed and ball skills to man CB2 opposite Finnegan and the versatility to play S and special teams. Everson Griffen reminds me of Mike Mamula (workout warrior) and Carlos Dunlap is slipping due to his baggage and work ethic. Both Griffen and Dunlap have questions surrounding motivation once they sign big $$$ contracts. I think they are a reach @ 16, for Jeff Fisher anyway.

Other players considered: Dez Bryant (on talent alone), Kyle Wilson, Jared Odrick, Brian Price, Maurkice Pouncey

With Spiller and Bryant still available and the Titans short of picks I would expect a trade here.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

With the 17th pick the 49ers select...

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:07 pm

RB, C.J. Spiller, Clemson

other considered: OG mike iupati

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:49 pm

With the 18th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select: C/G Maurkice Pouncey, Florida

This was a tough call. I first had to decide between two positions of need: offensive line and secondary. Dez Bryant still being on the board didn't help things either. I decided that the lineman was the safer pick and overall a better pick for the Steelers here. The versatility of Pouncey puts him over Iupati.

Other considerations: Mike Iupati, Taylor Mays, Kyle Wilson, Dez Bryant

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:00 pm

With the 19th pick in the NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Dez Bryant, WR (OK ST)

This was a very tough pick for me. On the one hand, Atlanta really wants to shore up their defense this draft. Our biggest needs are DE, CB, and the offensive line. However, WR is not exactly a strong point with Michael Jenkins as the number two and much weakness in the slot. Dez Bryant opens up the offense and takes more pressure off of Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez. This should set up the young Falcon offense for many years to come.

I had also considered one of the DEs or CBs at this point, but to be honest, the best value was here. (I don't like to mention names in case other teams after me are looking at the same guy) I think Atlanta can address their other needs later with their other picks.

andy77725
Role Player
Role Player

Postby andy77725 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm

With The 20th pick in the NFL draft, the Houston Texans select: CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State

This was a difficult decision. RB was a consideration, but I felt there were three areas of greater need. So I had to decide between Interior OL, DT, and CB. With the loss of Dunta Robinson in free agency, I felt that CB was the position of greatest need. This may have been a different selection if Pouncey was still on the board.

Other consideratios: OG Mike Iupati, DT Brian Price, RB Ryan Mathews

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Pick made via PM by Phish Brigade

With the 21st pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Brian Price DT UCLA

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:24 pm

New England Patriots select Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri

I think the Pats could do with some help at getting to the QB. Others considered were a RB in Matthews or the TE Gresham. There was no WR worth taking at this point
QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB

QB: R Wilson,
RB: Elliott, Gordon, K Johnson, R Penny, Guice, I Smith
WR: Hopkins, Kupp, M Williams, MVS, Bisi Johnson, Butler, V Jefferson, Claypool
TE: Kittle, Graham, Oliver, Bryant (Cle)
K: Crosby, Rohrwasser
DB: Bates, Rapp, Flowers, Adderley
DL: Garrett, J Bosa, Josh Allen, Jonathan Allen
LB: J Smith, Hicks, R Evans, Ryan Connelly, Alexander, Barr

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Green Bay Packers select Anthony Davis OT Rugters

I did no consider anyone else and was delighted he was there to select

QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB

QB: R Wilson,
RB: Elliott, Gordon, K Johnson, R Penny, Guice, I Smith
WR: Hopkins, Kupp, M Williams, MVS, Bisi Johnson, Butler, V Jefferson, Claypool
TE: Kittle, Graham, Oliver, Bryant (Cle)
K: Crosby, Rohrwasser
DB: Bates, Rapp, Flowers, Adderley
DL: Garrett, J Bosa, Josh Allen, Jonathan Allen
LB: J Smith, Hicks, R Evans, Ryan Connelly, Alexander, Barr

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:02 pm

With the 24th pick in the NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Patrick Robinson CB Florida State

The Eagles have a number of positions they could address here but I think if good value at CB is available and Sean Weatherspoon is not on the board, that is likely the way they will go.

Other considerations: Mike Iupati, Devin McCourtey, Sergio Kindle, Everson Griffin

Entropy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Entropy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm

The Ravens select Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma.

The Ravens really want corner, but the good values are taken. ILB is a want, but Newsome has a good track record of finding LBs later in the draft, so no reason to reach for a bad value. The Boldin trade solves one WR spot, but with Mason's age, Demaryius Thomas is a thought, but he's just to raw to take over the top TE. Heap hasn't been anything more than an occasional posession receiver who can get lost in zones for about 5 years now. The Ravens always like pass rushing OLB's so Sergio Kindle is a thought, but the Ravens new DC isn't a blitz artist like Ryan was.

(pm sent)
--Entropy ===GO SKINS===
10-team .25PPR league 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1W/T, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 11 BN, 1 IR
QB: Rodgers(Gb), Ryan(Atl)
RB: Martin(Tb), Lynch(Sea), Spiller(Buf), Miller (Mia), Ingram(NO), Hyde (SF)
WR: Cobb(Gb), Crabtree(Sf), Bowe (Kc), Hartline(Mia), Shorts(Jac), Gordon(Cle), Jeffery(Chi), Hunter(Ten), Quick(StL)
TE: Eifert(Cin), Kelce(KC), Fleener(Ind), Amaro(NyJ)
K: varies
DEF: Arizona

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:02 pm

With the 26th pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select Sergio Kindle, LB, University of Texas

You guys made this one more difficult than expected. Asst/OL coach Russ Grimm would love the chance to work with man beast Mike Iupati. Lord knows the Cards need to upgrade the C and LT positions if they want to become a run oriented team, but Iupati may prove more of a project LT when moved from his natural position of LG. LT needs to be addressed early in this draft though. Sergio Kindle makes a lot of sense for a defense that lost some key pieces this off-season. Offenses in the NFC west may put up scores that closer resemble a baseball game than a football contest. The best defense may win the division. Kindle has the speed and athleticism to be a disruptive force at LB or DE. Although not much has been said about this I think with his size and ability he could play ILB if the need arises.

Other players considered: Mike Iupati and Charles Brown

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:22 pm

With the 27th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: FS Taylor Mays, USC

Safety was already an area the Cowboys planned to address, but the release of Hamlin makes it something they'd like to address early rather than later. Mays falling to them, while not shocking, is a nice little surprise and I don't think they can pass him up.

Other considerations: Mike Iupati

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Chargers

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:05 pm

With almost the biggest no brainer of the draft, the Chargers select Ryan Mathews, RB Fresno St.

There are trade speculations out there about getting Marshawn Lynch, but as of today, the Chargers need a RB capable of carrying the load, and Mathews is the man. Say hello to Fantasy Football Rookie of the Year!!!

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:16 am

Doing this from my phone so I don't have mch info infront of me. But the New York Jets take Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech. Kid might be the next big wr and some are thinking he may be a better prospect than Bryant. Jets need anoth weapon for Sanchez, and he becomes the deep threat for a run heavy offense. Sound familiar?

Was thinkng DT Odrick from PSU here or another DL or DB here.
Last edited by grimace on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.