Mock Draft 2.0 - Picks Only (use other topic for discussion)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:58 pm

With the 30th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select:

Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

With Pat Williams seriously considering hanging up his cleats, the Vikings have a need at defensive tackle. Based on the value on the board at this pick, Dan Williams can ably replace big-man Pat Williams, but also allow for the title of 'Williams Wall' to continue into the foreseeable future. :) Dan is the wide-body 4-3 defensive tackle that Minnesota needs to have next to Kevin Williams and if nothing else add some outstanding depth until Pat does retire, even if not this season. The Vikings are thrilled with the need vs. value of this pick matching up perfectly.

Others considered: CB, QB, ILB.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:04 pm

With the 31st selection in the NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Everson Griffin DE USC

The depth at DE was a huge concern in the playoffs. He is a little larger than their current starters but I don't think that is a bad thing. He plays with a great motor and would fit in nicely in Indy.

Other options: Jared Odrick, Carlos Dunlap, Greg Hardy, Brandon Spikes

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:54 pm

With the 32n pick in the 2010 NFl draft, the New Orleans Saints select:

Jared Odrick,DT,Penn State

With "all" OLB gone and Charles Grant not being released/traded so far, the Saints take a men for the middle to stop the run and pass up on Carlos Dunlap.

If Grant indeed isn´t with the team anymore in the near future, the pick would´ve been Dunlap.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:03 pm

With the 33rd selection, the St. Louis Rams select

QB Tim Tebow, Florida

The Rams absolutely have to get a QB in this draft. They simply can't pass on Suh in the first and will try to get their QB right here. Tebow's value is all over the place. In the wrong situation, he could fail and the "I told you so" crowd will be out in force. He'll be one of the most heavily scrutinized players coming out even if he's not taken until the middle rounds. St. Louis has a lot of weaknesses, notably on the offensive line. A traditional style QB is going to get killed in that offense right now and they need someone who can be a playmaker. Tebow brings a winning attitude and his lack of a great skill set could actually serve as an advantage right now for the Rams.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:00 am

With the 34th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select:

Patrick Robinson,CB,Florida State

Having adressed the Oline with the 2nd overall pick and (likely) being able to get a good DT in the 3rd(and no one worthy this selection), the Lions adress one of their biggest needs here. They have arguably one of the worst CB tandems in the league. Getting the 2nd best CB in this years draft with pick #34 is great for them.

Why they gave up on Leigh Bodden anyway(not to mention they gave away Shaun Rogers to get him...)? Together with Robinson and Delmas the Lions realy would´ve had a very good secondary. But atleast this selection is a nice step into the right direction.

Others considered: Terence Cody, Carlos Dunlap
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:46 am

With the 35th pick in the NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois

The Buccs would have loved for a top-tier OT to fall into the 2nd round, but Benn is a nice weapon to add to the offense. If Spiller or Best fall here, they will be taken.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 am

With the 36th pick in the NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select Terrence Cody DT Alabama

Ideally the Chiefs would prefer an offensive lineman here but to get a big body like Cody to eat up space is a big deal. Having a line that features Jackson, Dorsey and Cody wouldn't be bad.

Other options: Vladimir Ducasse, Markice Pouncey, Brandon LaFell, Golden Tate, Kyle Wilson, Perrish Cox

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:28 pm

With the 37th pick, the Washington Redskins select Vladimir DuCasse OT UMass

This pick could of very well been on a RB like Ryan Matthews and If I were Shanahan I may have gone that route..however Shanahan is good at finding that RB later on in the draft. Therefore albeit somewhat a risk I think he will go Off line and address RB later. I dont know how much longer Chris Samuels will be around.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:10 am

The Browns select DE Carlos Dunlap with their 2010 2nd round pick...............

While the Browns were looking hard at the QB positon, and other needs, they really took a liking to Dunlap and his skills! With college teammates of Joe Haden and Carlos Dunlap, the Browns feel a bit like Florida coach Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow should be here too, but the Browns are ecstatic to get 2 defensive playmakers in this year's draft either way with Haden and Dunlap!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:54 am

With the 39th pick in the NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select Brandon Spikes MLB Florida

Spikes is too good of a value at this point to pass up. Morrison is great at times and awful at others. There never seems to be a consistent medium with him so the Raiders turn their MLB of the future.

Other options: Greg Hardy, Kyle Wilson, Perrish Cox, Markice Pouncey

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Seattle selection is in

Postby rkrazy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 am

With the 40th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St. University

Without a 3rd round selection, this pick demands a lot of careful consideration. Julius Jones is not the answer and Forsett doesn't have the size to carry a full load for 16 games. Free Agency, trading or selecting a back later are options, but Mathews combination of size, speed and skills are too overwhelming to take the pass. At 5'11", 220lbs Mathews is a bruising downhill runner, ala Shaun Alexander. He instantly improves an offense that struggled to maintain balance in a division that should be wide open. Forsett becomes the change of pace - 3rd down and passing situation - back, a position better suited to his talent. Jones is either cut or takes a pay cut to be a backup.

Positions considered: in order QB, DE, RB, DB

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:14 pm

With the 41st pick in the NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina.

This wide load has improved his draft stock immensely and will fit in perfectly with the Bills transitioning to the 3-4. He can plug 2 gaps and is terrific at stopping the run....I think the Bills will try to trade down and pick him up mid-round.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:58 pm

With 42nd pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select

Corey Wooton, DE Northwestern

Big play making DE that can fit into both a 3/4 and 4/3 defense. Fills a need on an aging Defense. Also looking at RB depth, WR to take over for Moss, a Big Nose Tackle if Wilfork leaves, along with more depth at LB. Would have taken Mathews here if he was available.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:11 pm

With the 43rd pick in the NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select Ricky Sapp OLB Clemson

It was either going to be DT, DE or OLB with this pick. There have really been some great picks in this round which made the decision pretty easy. Terrance Cody, Cam Thomas, Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Spikes and Corey Wooten were all going to be serious considerations with this pick and all were taken in the last seven picks. Pass rush is a huge need especially with the almost definite relocation of Joey Porter. Ricky Sapp has a very high ceiling and a big body which are both things Bill Parcells goes after.

Other considerations: Sean Lee, Pat Angerer, Greg Hardy

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:51 pm

With the 44th pick in the NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State.

I don't see how Wilson is still on the board, but the Buccs are extremely excited to snag him here. I feel Wilson is now the 2nd best CB in this draft and would give Tampa a very nice 1-2 punch with Talib. I fully expect him to go in the middle- to early 20s of the first round.