Mock Draft 2.0 - Picks Only (use other topic for discussion)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:13 pm

with the 88th selection the balitmore ravens select Aaron Hernandez TE Florida

big need at TE with todd Heap leaving town... and they have to get more playmakers for flacco to throw to.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:43 pm

With the 89th selection in the draft, the Arizona Cardinals select.............

Thaddeus Gibson - OLB - Ohio State

The Cards turn to a former teammate of Beanie Wells with their 3rd round pick, Thaddeus Gibson will be used as a run-stopping outside linebacker in the NFL, and the Cards still have some needs on their defense and linebacking corps. In this draft, the Cards improve their linebacking corps big time with adding Taylor Mays and now Thaddeus Gibson to the mix.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:58 pm

With the 90th pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: Jamar Chaney LB Miss St.

Keith Brooking has a solid season at inside LB for the Cowboys, but is up there in age. Carpenter has been a bust and is not the answer at ILB. Chaney gives Dallas a big hitter to pair with Bradie James.

Also considered: Micah Johnson LB Kentucky, Jeremy Williams WR Tulane
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Chargers select: DT Arthur Jones (Syracuse)

The Chargers need a young DT to play behind an aging Jamal Williams. Finding one will be difficult as a 3-4 DT is harder to find than a 4-3 DT. Arthur Jones should be a solid pick for the Chargers in the third round, as he should be able to play DT in both the 3-4 and 4-3. Had he not be hindered by injuries at Syracuse, he would already be off the board.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:23 pm

With their 2nd and final 3rd round selection the Cleveland Browns select.................

Myron Rolle - Safety - Florida State University

Mike Holmgren gives a tip of the cap to Coach Eric Mangini with this 3rd round selection of Myron Rolle. Mike Holmgren suprised many by keeping Coach Eric Mangini for this upcoming season, and Mangini is very big on high character/high academic guys on his roster and draft picks (Alex Mack, Robiskie, Massaquoi). Myron Rolle surprised many by taking a year off of football to study in Oxford as part of the prestiguous Rhodes Scholar program, but is working hard on getting back into NFL shape, as many felt he was going to be a very high NFL draft pick before he decided to take a year off of football. The Rolle draft pick carries a bit of risk with it, but the Browns really like Rolle's character, dedication, and very high upside, most importantly filling a very big need at the Safety position.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 am

With the 93rd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select:

Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati

Regarded as the 3rd to 5th best Quarterback in this draft, the Vikings spend a mid-round pick on the tall, strong-armed QB Tony Pike. He has to fill out and develop a bit, but has a chance to take the reigns as a starter with the arm to step in and run a potent Vikings offense when the QB who wears #4 finally hangs up his cleats for good (in 2050). They guy can sling it: 5 300+ yard games in '09 for a total of 2,520 yards and 29 TDs and only 6 INTs. "Poised, patient passer with a solid arm. Displays a nice sense of knowing where his receivers are on the field, throws an effective deep ball or zips the outs."

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:39 pm

With the 94th pick in the NFL draft the Indianapolis Colts select Geno Atkins DT Georgia

The Colts could go a number of directions but I think their depth at D-line and O-line are awful. They have a history of getting linebackers that work for them later on so I am going to ignore that as well as defensive backs and go for a great value and at the same time solidify their defensive line with Atkins and Everson Griffen from round 1. Atkins gets great pressure on the interior and would be nice in the starting lineup from day 1.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:26 am

With 95th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the New Orleans Saints select:

Austin Lane,DE,Murray State

Biggest need to be satisfied with the last pick of rd. 3 - was hoping for Corey Wootton here.. but apparently he was drafted before.. :wink:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11