Mock Draft 2.0 Sign-up and Discussion

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:23 am

Sorry for the delay gents...I was out last night and just getting on the computer now. Pick will be in soon....

Steve...Derek and I are awaiting your Cam Thomas question in 74 words or less...thank you :lol:

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Gerhart to the Pats. Is this the second coming of Craig James?!? :shock:

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:43 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:Gerhart to the Pats. Is this the second coming of Craig James?!? :shock:

Possibly the 2nd coming of Tommy Vardell, another big Stanford back who Belichick drafted in the 90's
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:07 pm

hosler427 wrote:Sorry for the delay gents...I was out last night and just getting on the computer now. Pick will be in soon....

Steve...Derek and I are awaiting your Cam Thomas question in 74 words or less...thank you :lol:
He's a top 10 Defensive Tackle...but what you have to remember is those beasts in the middle are hard to come by. His stock has risen to be a second round dude and he is just an absolute freak. Most of the other guys that are in front of him in the rankings are not two gappers and chew up a center and guard on every single down. They are excellent one and maybe two gap guys that are not going to be asked to be a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense:

Suh - a possibility in a 4-3 and 3-4, but will need a bigger LDE to make this happen
McCoy - DE in a 3-4 defense
Price - only a 4-3 tackle
Dan Williams - Legit 4-3 and 3-4 tackle
Terrance Cody - Um, yes.
Jared Odrick - see McCoy
Lamarr Houston - only a 4-3 tackle

As you can see, there are really only 2 very capable guys that can swing that position and both will probably be taken before the Bills draft. Cam will be in the new ranking this weekend and is very highly sought after by 3-4 defenses.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 pm

i never even thought to look at the 1st mock..wasnt involved and quite honestly never really thought about going back and looking . Therefore i was alil surprised when I did go back to compare that D. Franks was picked in bopth to go to PItT,

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:21 am

Salty Dawg wrote:i never even thought to look at the 1st mock..wasnt involved and quite honestly never really thought about going back and looking . Therefore i was alil surprised when I did go back to compare that D. Franks was picked in bopth to go to PItT,
I took Oakland as one of my teams this time and after I picked in the second round I looked back. Brady picked the same position (OT) for the first round and the same player (Brandon Spikes) for the second round. Kind of funny...

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 am

hosler427 wrote:I took Oakland as one of my teams this time and after I picked in the second round I looked back. Brady picked the same position (OT) for the first round and the same player (Brandon Spikes) for the second round. Kind of funny...
You both think Morrison's days in Oakland are numbered? He has been highly productive in silver and black.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:54 am

rkrazy wrote:
hosler427 wrote:I took Oakland as one of my teams this time and after I picked in the second round I looked back. Brady picked the same position (OT) for the first round and the same player (Brandon Spikes) for the second round. Kind of funny...
You both think Morrison's days in Oakland are numbered? He has been highly productive in silver and black.
Productive in streaks. If you watch him from game to game he is hit or miss. He makes just as many bad plays as good ones.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:16 am

hosler427 wrote:
rkrazy wrote:
Productive in streaks. If you watch him from game to game he is hit or miss. He makes just as many bad plays as good ones.
I'll gladly admit I don't watch many Raider games. But his stats look good on paper, 110+ tackles per year and hasn't missed a game in 5 years....

You're right, I just checked his weekly scoring production in one of my leagues...6 games under 10 pts last season is hit or miss in that league. Sorry I don't have him on any of my 4 teams and he's not on my radar so I don't follow the guy much. Just looked at his end of year stat line before I opened my big mouth!

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:02 pm

rkrazy wrote:
I'll gladly admit I don't watch many Raider games. But his stats look good on paper, 110+ tackles per year and hasn't missed a game in 5 years....

You're right, I just checked his weekly scoring production in one of my leagues...6 games under 10 pts last season is hit or miss in that league. Sorry I don't have him on any of my 4 teams and he's not on my radar so I don't follow the guy much. Just looked at his end of year stat line before I opened my big mouth!
Yeah I hear you. I really haven't watched that much either but a couple years ago I started seeing Raiders fans on a message board complain about Morrison a lot and I looked into more. They were right...very inconsistent.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Jared Veldheer OT Hillsdale, Dan? That guy looks more like a linebacker than an offensive lineman! :shock: :lol:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 am

Misfit74 wrote:Jared Veldheer OT Hillsdale, Dan? That guy looks more like a linebacker than an offensive lineman! :shock: :lol:
He is a beast...still very raw though but with his size he could be dominant and who better to develop him than Indy??? :wink:

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

McCluster

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey Brady.... Is that a pic of McCluster and his parole officer???

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Re: McCluster

Postby BradyT » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:27 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:Hey Brady.... Is that a pic of McCluster and his parole officer???
Not entirely.. :lol: its from the senior bowl weigh in.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:18 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:
hosler427 wrote:Sorry for the delay gents...I was out last night and just getting on the computer now. Pick will be in soon....

He's a top 10 Defensive Tackle...but what you have to remember is those beasts in the middle are hard to come by. His stock has risen to be a second round dude and he is just an absolute freak. Most of the other guys that are in front of him in the rankings are not two gappers and chew up a center and guard on every single down. They are excellent one and maybe two gap guys that are not going to be asked to be a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense:

Suh - a possibility in a 4-3 and 3-4, but will need a bigger LDE to make this happen
McCoy - DE in a 3-4 defense
Price - only a 4-3 tackle
Dan Williams - Legit 4-3 and 3-4 tackle
Terrance Cody - Um, yes.
Jared Odrick - see McCoy
Lamarr Houston - only a 4-3 tackle

As you can see, there are really only 2 very capable guys that can swing that position and both will probably be taken before the Bills draft. Cam will be in the new ranking this weekend and is very highly sought after by 3-4 defenses.
I'll accept that answer. But since your response exceeded 74 words, you received a 0.25 point deduction from the Canadian judge. :lol:

In all seriousness, thanks for the breakdown. This draft has a lot of big men available in top 50-60 so I was curious to see how high he ranked in your eyes.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd