2010 Rookie Draft PPR/IDP PreCombine

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Not a part of this draft at all, but I have to say its pretty surprising to see the order in which players are being selected... Its making me pretty excited to be holding a pair of 2nd rd picks right about now. I realize everything will change between now and April but this isn't at all what I will be expecting.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:30 pm

skip wrote:Not a part of this draft at all, but I have to say its pretty surprising to see the order in which players are being selected... Its making me pretty excited to be holding a pair of 2nd rd picks right about now. I realize everything will change between now and April but this isn't at all what I will be expecting.

Yeah, certainly the picks like Tebow, Demaryius Thomas, and Gerhart stand out as being a bit controversial for round 1, also surprsing to see no QBs taken other than Tebow thus far. Also, some of us myself included are not real experienced with IDP leagues too, its definitely interesting.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 pm

Shawn wrote:
skip wrote:Not a part of this draft at all, but I have to say its pretty surprising to see the order in which players are being selected... Its making me pretty excited to be holding a pair of 2nd rd picks right about now. I realize everything will change between now and April but this isn't at all what I will be expecting.

Yeah, certainly the picks like Tebow, Demaryius Thomas, and Gerhart stand out as being a bit controversial for round 1, also surprsing to see no QBs taken other than Tebow thus far. Also, some of us myself included are not real experienced with IDP leagues too, its definitely interesting.
I would spend a 1st on Thomas but not the other two....It is interesting to say the least. I expected Best earlier even though I am not a fan...

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:42 pm

hosler427 wrote:
Shawn wrote:

I would spend a 1st on Thomas but not the other two....It is interesting to say the least. I expected Best earlier even though I am not a fan...
yea... i see tebow going in the 2nd, same with gerhart... but thomas is for sure a middle or late 1st... id also suspect clausen or bradford to go before tebow... mcclain will be drafted about right there in IDP... but hes not worth it.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
Shawn wrote:
yea... i see tebow going in the 2nd, same with gerhart... but thomas is for sure a middle or late 1st... id also suspect clausen or bradford to go before tebow... mcclain will be drafted about right there in IDP... but hes not worth it.
The reason I wondered about Thomas was that he was only rated the 5th or 6th best WR prospect in recent draft rankings including Steve's draft rankings on this site. Of course those rankings can change, and Thomas can help himself with a big combine this month too.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 pm

I have the 10th pick right now I'm my main league right now, and I am planning on taking McClain there, under the thinking that Benn is not available, or was taken in a bad position for him to drop.

IDP a guy like McClain will go end of first beginning of second. In many IDP leagues, Top 5 LBs are almost like have a top back because they score pretty close to RB

Patrick Willis is a top 20 overall scorer in my main league, and I see McClain as being close to the same thing.

Tebow, Mcluster are going to high here, Thomas could be the right spot if GM's fall in love with him after his combine/individual workouts
Last edited by grimace on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VADukes
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby VADukes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 pm

1.Vaduke- Dez Bryant WR OKla State - In a PPR league I've got Bryant as the number one pick. I see Dez as a potential cornerstone player that can be built around for years to come. If you're picking in the number 1 spot because you earned it then I see the only elite WR (imo) in the draft as the obvious pick here. Drafting an elite WR will give you the time you need to build your team back into a contender. But, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I've only been playing Dynasty for 3 years now.
2.salty dawg Jonathan Dwyer RB GA TECH. I like his potential to be the main guy more than Spiller which I think will result in more TD production.It was a toss up between the two and if I "really" were here" I may have tried to move down a spot or two. I thought Bryant would drop to me here.
3.Hosler - CJ Spiller RB Georgia Tech - I think Spiller will go at #2 most PPR leagues but that could change depending one where everyone ends up. I agree with Rob that Dwyer has more potential to be a TD hog workhorse which is very appealing. I like Spiller in this spot.
4.TWR- Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State - i think hes the second best all around back of the draft right behind dwyer... for some reason i have a feeling him or dwyer will end up in charger land.. he can handle a ton of carries.. and i think his combine will only increase his stock.
5.MrUButo Tim Teabow I know this is probably a VERY unpopular pick here.. but depending on where he lands I think he could be a top 10 QB most of his career.. somthing along the lines of a jay cutler.
6.cowboys85 - Jahvid Best RB Cal - I'll take an RB who could be taken in the top 20 with the 6th pick any day. I have the 6th pick in one of my leagues and I'd be ecstatic if Best fell to me.
7.steelersfan (i think #7 fits a steelers fan ;P ) - Demaryius Thomas - RB GT. In my opinion, the most naturally gifted WR of the rookie class but raw. Played in a very non-friendly WR system but the skill set is undeniable. Think Brandon Marshall without the "knucklehead" factor.
8.hot nikkels - Golden Tate, WR notre dame - I feel he is a steve smith(car) clone. Very explosive and feel he will transition well to the NFL.
9.Devil's Advocate - Dexter McCluster - RB/WR Ole Miss I know a lot of you will think this pick is early based on current data but I see McCluster as a fast riser once he flashes that world class speed at the combine. As a matter of fact come May I would be ecstatic if I were able to get Dexter this late. If he is drafted to the right team that will utilize his talents he will be a PPR machine.
10.grimace - Rolando McClain - LB Alabama - I see this guy as the next Patrick Willis, he may not be as a freak Physcially, but he has top notch ability, along with maybe being the smartest defender to come out of college in a long time. He's another coach on the field, will be an imediate impact and will put up top 10 LB numbers next year as a rookie. By smarts I'm talking football smarts.
11.Who Dey~Cincy-Toby Gerhart- RB Stanford- A bit early for this guy but I really like his size. If drafted to the right team he could have some nice numbers in the future.
12.Shawn - Arrelious Benn WR - Illinois - Quite a steal I think to get Benn in the last pick of the 1st round especially if this is the champion's draft pick. Benn should likely be taken in the 1st round of the real NFL draft and has the size and talent to easily become the WR #1 for some team, and I think he would've gone higher if Illinois didn't have such a bad team/quarterback last season.

Round 2

13.Vadukes - Anthony Dixon RB Miss State - I would gladly take Dixon in this spot. He checked in at 6'1 245lbs at the senior bowl. Watching some tape of this guy he seems to display a strong lower half which led to a lot of broken tackles. I could see him drafted in the late 2nd to early 3rd round as a poor mans version of Jonathan Dwyer. Some concerns about him being used as a fullback based upon size, but based on the tape of him I've watched, I see too much skill (vision, patience, broken tackles) for him not to be used as a RB at the next level.
14.salty dawg
15.Hosler
16.TWR
17.MrUButo
18.cowboys85
19.steelersfan
20.hot nikkels
21.Devil's Advocate
22.grimace
23.Who Dey~Cincy
24.Shawn

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:50 pm

1.Vaduke- Dez Bryant WR OKla State - In a PPR league I've got Bryant as the number one pick. I see Dez as a potential cornerstone player that can be built around for years to come. If you're picking in the number 1 spot because you earned it then I see the only elite WR (imo) in the draft as the obvious pick here. Drafting an elite WR will give you the time you need to build your team back into a contender. But, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I've only been playing Dynasty for 3 years now.
2.salty dawg Jonathan Dwyer RB GA TECH. I like his potential to be the main guy more than Spiller which I think will result in more TD production.It was a toss up between the two and if I "really" were here" I may have tried to move down a spot or two. I thought Bryant would drop to me here.
3.Hosler - CJ Spiller RB Georgia Tech - I think Spiller will go at #2 most PPR leagues but that could change depending one where everyone ends up. I agree with Rob that Dwyer has more potential to be a TD hog workhorse which is very appealing. I like Spiller in this spot.
4.TWR- Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State - i think hes the second best all around back of the draft right behind dwyer... for some reason i have a feeling him or dwyer will end up in charger land.. he can handle a ton of carries.. and i think his combine will only increase his stock.
5.MrUButo Tim Teabow I know this is probably a VERY unpopular pick here.. but depending on where he lands I think he could be a top 10 QB most of his career.. somthing along the lines of a jay cutler.
6.cowboys85 - Jahvid Best RB Cal - I'll take an RB who could be taken in the top 20 with the 6th pick any day. I have the 6th pick in one of my leagues and I'd be ecstatic if Best fell to me.
7.steelersfan (i think #7 fits a steelers fan ;P ) - Demaryius Thomas - RB GT. In my opinion, the most naturally gifted WR of the rookie class but raw. Played in a very non-friendly WR system but the skill set is undeniable. Think Brandon Marshall without the "knucklehead" factor.
8.hot nikkels - Golden Tate, WR notre dame - I feel he is a steve smith(car) clone. Very explosive and feel he will transition well to the NFL.
9.Devil's Advocate - Dexter McCluster - RB/WR Ole Miss I know a lot of you will think this pick is early based on current data but I see McCluster as a fast riser once he flashes that world class speed at the combine. As a matter of fact come May I would be ecstatic if I were able to get Dexter this late. If he is drafted to the right team that will utilize his talents he will be a PPR machine.
10.grimace - Rolando McClain - LB Alabama - I see this guy as the next Patrick Willis, he may not be as a freak Physcially, but he has top notch ability, along with maybe being the smartest defender to come out of college in a long time. He's another coach on the field, will be an imediate impact and will put up top 10 LB numbers next year as a rookie. By smarts I'm talking football smarts.
11.Who Dey~Cincy-Toby Gerhart- RB Stanford- A bit early for this guy but I really like his size. If drafted to the right team he could have some nice numbers in the future.
12.Shawn - Arrelious Benn WR - Illinois - Quite a steal I think to get Benn in the last pick of the 1st round especially if this is the champion's draft pick. Benn should likely be taken in the 1st round of the real NFL draft and has the size and talent to easily become the WR #1 for some team, and I think he would've gone higher if Illinois didn't have such a bad team/quarterback last season.

Round 2

13.Vadukes - Anthony Dixon RB Miss State - I would gladly take Dixon in this spot. He checked in at 6'1 245lbs at the senior bowl. Watching some tape of this guy he seems to display a strong lower half which led to a lot of broken tackles. I could see him drafted in the late 2nd to early 3rd round as a poor mans version of Jonathan Dwyer. Some concerns about him being used as a fullback based upon size, but based on the tape of him I've watched, I see too much skill (vision, patience, broken tackles) for him not to be used as a RB at the next level.
14.salty dawg VERY TOUGH FOR ME HERE BUT I WILL GO WITH Sam Bradford QB I was between him,Blount and Eric Berry. Its a bit of a risk given the injury but if he turns out OK I would have been very happy walking away with Dwyer and the "healthy" Bradford.
15.Hosler
16.TWR
17.MrUButo
18.cowboys85
19.steelersfan
20.hot nikkels
21.Devil's Advocate
22.grimace
23.Who Dey~Cincy
24.Shawn

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Round 2

14.salty dawg VERY TOUGH FOR ME HERE BUT I WILL GO WITH Sam Bradford QB I was between him,Blount and Eric Berry. Its a bit of a risk given the injury but if he turns out OK I would have been very happy walking away with Dwyer and the "healthy" Bradford.
15.Hosler - LaGarrett Blount RB Oregon. I see a lot of the same qualities in Dixon and Blount but I like Blount a little bit more. He is big and runs with a purpose. I think it is a great value at 2.3
16.TWR
17.MrUButo
18.cowboys85
19.steelersfan
20.hot nikkels
21.Devil's Advocate
22.grimace
23.Who Dey~Cincy
24.Shawn

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Shawn wrote:

To be honest I did not realize it was an IP mock but I saw off season action and jumped. I have no idea about IDP leagues so all my D players will be drafted last. :o
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Draft is not serpentine style?
WOW

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Devil's Advocate wrote:Draft is not serpentine style?
WOW
After the inaugural year of a Dynasthy league..the rookie drafts for years after are typically straight up like you see here. Just like the NFL conducts its rookie draft in April.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:43 am

Salty Dawg wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Draft is not serpentine style?
WOW
After the inaugural year of a Dynasthy league..the rookie drafts for years after are typically straight up like you see here. Just like the NFL conducts its rookie draft in April.
Yeah I have never seen a serpentine rookie draft...

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:20 am

You guys are right and I am not sure why I asked. :oops:

grimace
All Pro
All Pro