2010 Rookie Draft PPR/IDP PreCombine

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
VADukes
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby VADukes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:06 am

Looks like we're good to go so I'll get things started.

1. Dez Bryant - In a PPR league I've got Bryant as the number one pick. I see Dez as a potential cornerstone player that can be built around for years to come. If you're picking in the number 1 spot because you earned it then I see the only elite WR (imo) in the draft as the obvious pick here. Drafting an elite WR will give you the time you need to build your team back into a contender. But, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I've only been playing Dynasty for 3 years now.
2.salty dawg
3.Hosler
4.TWR
5.MrUButo
6.cowboys85
7.steelersfan (i think #7 fits a steelers fan ;P )
8.hot nikkels
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn
12 team, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, WR/TE, WR/RB/TE - TD/YDS/.5PPR
QB: Brees, Kaepernick, Wilson
RB: A. Foster, Peterson, Spiller, Vereen, B. Tate, Michael, Stepfan Taylor
WR: Dez, S. Smith, Nelson, Wayne, Floyd, AJ Jenkins, Wheaton
TE: Graham, Allen, Bennett

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:21 am

1. Dez Bryant - In a PPR league I've got Bryant as the number one pick. I see Dez as a potential cornerstone player that can be built around for years to come. If you're picking in the number 1 spot because you earned it then I see the only elite WR (imo) in the draft as the obvious pick here. Drafting an elite WR will give you the time you need to build your team back into a contender. But, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I've only been playing Dynasty for 3 years now.
2.salty dawg Jonathan Dwyer RB GA TECH. I like his potential to be the main guy more than Spiller which I think will result in more TD production.It was a toss up between the two and if I "really" were here" I may have tried to move down a spot or two. I thought Bryant would drop to me here.
3.Hosler
4.TWR
5.MrUButo
6.cowboys85
8.hot nikkels
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:05 am

2.salty dawg Jonathan Dwyer RB GA TECH. I like his potential to be the main guy more than Spiller which I think will result in more TD production.It was a toss up between the two and if I "really" were here" I may have tried to move down a spot or two. I thought Bryant would drop to me here.
3.Hosler - CJ Spiller RB Georgia Tech - I think Spiller will go at #2 most PPR leagues but that could change depending one where everyone ends up. I agree with Rob that Dwyer has more potential to be a TD hog workhorse which is very appealing. I like Spiller in this spot.
4.TWR
5.MrUButo
6.cowboys85
8.hot nikkels
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:46 am

1.Vaduke- Dez Bryant WR OKla State - In a PPR league I've got Bryant as the number one pick. I see Dez as a potential cornerstone player that can be built around for years to come. If you're picking in the number 1 spot because you earned it then I see the only elite WR (imo) in the draft as the obvious pick here. Drafting an elite WR will give you the time you need to build your team back into a contender. But, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I've only been playing Dynasty for 3 years now.
3.Hosler - CJ Spiller RB Georgia Tech - I think Spiller will go at #2 most PPR leagues but that could change depending one where everyone ends up. I agree with Rob that Dwyer has more potential to be a TD hog workhorse which is very appealing. I like Spiller in this spot.
4.TWR- Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State - i think hes the second best all around back of the draft right behind dwyer... for some reason i have a feeling him or dwyer will end up in charger land.. he can handle a ton of carries.. and i think his combine will only increase his stock.
5.MrUButo
6.cowboys85
8.hot nikkels
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:13 pm

1.Vaduke- Dez Bryant WR OKla State - In a PPR league I've got Bryant as the number one pick. I see Dez as a potential cornerstone player that can be built around for years to come. If you're picking in the number 1 spot because you earned it then I see the only elite WR (imo) in the draft as the obvious pick here. Drafting an elite WR will give you the time you need to build your team back into a contender. But, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I've only been playing Dynasty for 3 years now.
4.TWR- Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State - i think hes the second best all around back of the draft right behind dwyer... for some reason i have a feeling him or dwyer will end up in charger land.. he can handle a ton of carries.. and i think his combine will only increase his stock.
5.MrUButo Tim Teabow I know this is probably a VERY unpopular pick here.. but depending on where he lands I think he could be a top 10 QB most of his career.. somthing along the lines of a jay cutler.
6.cowboys85
8.hot nikkels
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

5.MrUButo Tim Teabow I know this is probably a VERY unpopular pick here.. but depending on where he lands I think he could be a top 10 QB most of his career.. somthing along the lines of a jay cutler.
6.cowboys85 - Jahvid Best RB Cal - I'll take an RB who could be taken in the top 20 with the 6th pick any day. I have the 6th pick in one of my leagues and I'd be ecstatic if Best fell to me.
8.hot nikkels
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Mark (Steelersfan) is snowed in with two feet of snow and has no internet. He has asked me to make his pick for him.
cowboys85 wrote:1.Vaduke- Dez Bryant WR OKla State - In a PPR league I've got Bryant as the number one pick. I see Dez as a potential cornerstone player that can be built around for years to come. If you're picking in the number 1 spot because you earned it then I see the only elite WR (imo) in the draft as the obvious pick here. Drafting an elite WR will give you the time you need to build your team back into a contender. But, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I've only been playing Dynasty for 3 years now.
6.cowboys85 - Jahvid Best RB Cal - I'll take an RB who could be taken in the top 20 with the 6th pick any day. I have the 6th pick in one of my leagues and I'd be ecstatic if Best fell to me.
7.steelersfan (i think #7 fits a steelers fan ;P ) - Demaryius Thomas - RB GT. In my opinion, the most naturally gifted WR of the rookie class but raw. Played in a very non-friendly WR system but the skill set is undeniable. Think Brandon Marshall without the "knucklehead" factor.
8.hot nikkels
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 1.7

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Pilate wrote:Mark (Steelersfan) is snowed in with two feet of snow and has no internet. He has asked me to make his pick for him.
cowboys85 wrote:1.Vaduke- Dez Bryant WR OKla State - In a PPR league I've got Bryant as the number one pick. I see Dez as a potential cornerstone player that can be built around for years to come. If you're picking in the number 1 spot because you earned it then I see the only elite WR (imo) in the draft as the obvious pick here. Drafting an elite WR will give you the time you need to build your team back into a contender. But, please take everything I say with a grain of salt as I've only been playing Dynasty for 3 years now.
7.steelersfan (i think #7 fits a steelers fan ;P ) - Demaryius Thomas - RB GT. In my opinion, the most naturally gifted WR of the rookie class but raw. Played in a very non-friendly WR system but the skill set is undeniable. Think Brandon Marshall without the "knucklehead" factor.
8.hot nikkels
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn
Thanks Nate, I'm finally back on. Nice pick BTW...

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 am

Edit

Sorry I missed 1.8 :x
Last edited by Devil's Advocate on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:34 am

I'll pick but I want to wait and let Nikkels have a chance to pick at #8, I know we have a time limit, but I want to keep this mock as close to real as possible since we use it for "Educational" purposes.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:52 am

Pilate wrote:Mark (Steelersfan) is snowed in with two feet of snow and has no internet. He has asked me to make his pick for him.
8.hot nikkels - Golden Tate, WR notre dame - I feel he is a steve smith(car) clone. Very explosive and feel he will transition well to the NFL.
9.Devil's Advocate
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 am

8.hot nikkels - Golden Tate, WR notre dame - I feel he is a steve smith(car) clone. Very explosive and feel he will transition well to the NFL.
9.Devil's Advocate - Dexter McCluster - RB/WR Ole Miss I know a lot of you will think this pick is early based on current data but I see McCluster as a fast riser once he flashes that world class speed at the combine. As a matter of fact come May I would be ecstatic if I were able to get Dexter this late. If he is drafted to the right team that will utilize his talents he will be a PPR machine.
10.grimace
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 am

9.Devil's Advocate - Dexter McCluster - RB/WR Ole Miss I know a lot of you will think this pick is early based on current data but I see McCluster as a fast riser once he flashes that world class speed at the combine. As a matter of fact come May I would be ecstatic if I were able to get Dexter this late. If he is drafted to the right team that will utilize his talents he will be a PPR machine.
10.grimace - Rolando McClain - LB Alabama - I see this guy as the next Patrick Willis, he may not be as a freak Physcially, but he has top notch ability, along with maybe being the smartest defender to come out of college in a long time. He's another coach on the field, will be an imediate impact and will put up top 10 LB numbers next year as a rookie. By smarts I'm talking football smarts.
11.Who Dey~Cincy
12.Shawn

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:12 pm

10.grimace - Rolando McClain - LB Alabama - I see this guy as the next Patrick Willis, he may not be as a freak Physcially, but he has top notch ability, along with maybe being the smartest defender to come out of college in a long time. He's another coach on the field, will be an imediate impact and will put up top 10 LB numbers next year as a rookie. By smarts I'm talking football smarts.
11.Who Dey~Cincy-Toby Gerhart- RB Stanford- A bit early for this guy but I really like his size. If drafted to the right team he could have some nice numbers in the future.
12.Shawn

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm

11.Who Dey~Cincy-Toby Gerhart- RB Stanford- A bit early for this guy but I really like his size. If drafted to the right team he could have some nice numbers in the future.
12.Shawn - Arrelious Benn WR - Illinois - Quite a steal I think to get Benn in the last pick of the 1st round especially if this is the champion's draft pick. Benn should likely be taken in the 1st round of the real NFL draft and has the size and talent to easily become the WR #1 for some team, and I think he would've gone higher if Illinois didn't have such a bad team/quarterback last season.

On to Round 2
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince