DLF Members Mock Draft - PICKS ONLY (no discussion)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:47 pm

With the 45th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select.... Brandon Lafell, WR LSU

The Broncos are happy to get a solid WR in round two. I had the option to get a wr in Round 1, but opted for the O-Lineman, now I got one of the top WRs in the draft. All in all I like the upgrades the Broncos have done for their O. D will be addressed in the later rounds.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 am

With the 46th pick in the NFL draft the New York Giants select Jared Odrick DT Penn State

Odrick was one of the real options in the first round for me along with Earl Thomas and Brian Price. The Giants are in need of a DT with the rumors of Rocky Bernard getting cut and the free agency of Barry Cofield and Fred Robbins. Odrick will fit right in. He is a versatile lineman (which the Giants love) that penetrates the line. Along with Canty at DT this combo could eat up some room and free up the DE's a bit. Linebacker needs to be addressed as well but with Spikes and Weatherspoon now gone this round, I don't see the value.

Other options: Everson Griffin, Perrish Cox, Vladimir Ducasse, Matt Tennant, Kyle Wilson, Sean Lee, Navorro Bowman

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 pm

With the 47th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

A heavily debated pick in the war room. Wilson wins the day due to his ball skills, intensity, tackling and return game. At 5'10" 190 Wilson is a little undersized for a prototypical shutdown corner in todays NFL but what he lacks in size is made up for in heart and talent. Wilson is not afraid to lay the wood. At 2009 Boise St. pro day Wilson's measureables were 4.36 - 40 time, benched 225 - 21x, 10'5" broad, and 37.5" vertical. With his work ethic I don't think we'll see a drop off in 2010. With recent injury to Wes Welker and Matt Slater's ineffectiveness at returning kicks this pick will serve to fill returner needs as well as CB opposite Bodden.

Other players considered: Amari Spievey, Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox, Ricky Sapp, and Eric Norwood

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:15 pm

With the 48th pick, the Carolina Panthers select: Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas

Without a first round pick, the Panthers have waited very patiently. I'll admit, I forgot that I was supposed to be scouting for them and so I'm scrambling a little bit. Without doing much research, I've known that WR depth is a pretty big need. They are a power running team, but they can't be one dimensional. Steve Smith has needed some help for awhile, and as great as Moose has been as a blocker... he's not the receiving threat that he used to be.

Shipley can also handle KR duties, and that's a bonus. He's a high character guy and is known a leader.

Other considerations: Eric Norwood and Greg Hardy
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:15 pm

With the 49th pick of the draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Ricky Sapp, LB/DE, Clemson

Sapp has shown all the necessary traits of athleticism, speed, quickness and ability to succeed. He makes good initial contact. Sapp’s skill set will be very intriguing for a 3-4 team and with dedication in the weight room can make the transition to a DE position if the 49ers return to the 4-3 as has been rumored.

Other players considered: Greg Hardy, Everson Griffen, Brandon Ghee, Vladmir Ducasse

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:50 am

With the 50th pick of the NFL Draft the Houston Texans select

Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma State

The Texans take Cox to help out the secondary and he also has KR ability. There were no RBs or OL prospects here I considered worth the value.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:51 am

With the 51st pick of the NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select....

Everson Griffen, DE, The University of Southern California

An absolute steal in the 2nd round, Griffen is a big man who looked like a pro coming out of high school. The guy can flat out play and give the Chiefs another huge weapon on the outside blitz.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 am

With the 52nd pick in the NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

New England's pick

Postby rkrazy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:04 pm

With the 53rd pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select Eric Norwood, LB, University of South Carolina

After watching Ricky Sapp get selected Belicheck decides its time to pull the trigger on a disruptive LB. Norwood is a baller. Career numbers in TFL, sacks and QBH are among the best in S.C. history. He is a solid tackler with tremendous intensity, a non stop motor, very good pass rush skills and sets the edge well. I have concerns about his game speed, which may make him more of an ILB than OLB. Coverage ability is also a concern. Norwood could easily fall into round 3-4 territory with a bad combine.

Other players considered: AJ Edds and Michael Johnson

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:06 pm

With the 54th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Cincinatti Bengals select, Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma.

All I have to say is that the Bengals got a steal in the second round, and they upgraded their O in a BIG way in this draft.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:34 pm

"With the 55th Pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES SELECT…….FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA, FS NATE ALLEN”

Others considered here: RB Anthony Dixon, S Rashad Jones

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

With their 2nd Round Selection, the Packers select...

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:27 pm

OT Vladimir Ducasse (Massachusetts)

The Packers were able to add a corner in the first round and are happy to now pick up an OT, which is clearly their position of most need (although safety is up there). Ducasse does have some aspects of his game to work on, but Ted Thompson tends to like players from smaller schools more than most.

Others Considered: Reshad Jones, Navarro Bowman
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:56 am

With the 57th pick of the NFL Draft the Baltimore Ravens select

Navorro Bowman LB Penn State

Other I considered would have been Gresham had he been available giving Flacco another target. I looked at CB and S but no value there. I also thought about another WR but I couldnt start the draft WR, WR in the first two rounds but will look to add another later in the draft.
QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB

QB: R Wilson,
RB: Elliott, Gordon, K Johnson, R Penny, Guice, I Smith
WR: Hopkins, Kupp, M Williams, MVS, Bisi Johnson, Butler, V Jefferson, Claypool
TE: Kittle, Graham, Oliver, Bryant (Cle)
K: Crosby, Rohrwasser
DB: Bates, Rapp, Flowers, Adderley
DL: Garrett, J Bosa, Josh Allen, Jonathan Allen
LB: J Smith, Hicks, R Evans, Ryan Connelly, Alexander, Barr

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

With the 58th pick the Caridnals select...

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 am

Aaron Hernandez: TE, Florida

Cardinals select Hernandez with Leinart in mind. With Anquan most likely out of AZ they feel the need to get Leinart another receiving weapon.

They still need o-line help, but I feel the prospects at this point in the draft are a reach. The whiz is going to mold this team into more of a old Steelers TE set smash mouth team. They are preparing for life after Warner.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

America's Team Selects

Postby Pilate » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Top 5 nationally in tackles and will become the player that Bobby Carpenter didn't.

Pat Angerer ILB - Iowa Hawkeyes.

----------------
Now playing: Ra - Push