2010 Mock Draft (prelim, picks 1-10)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
stevea
All Pro
All Pro

2010 Mock Draft (prelim, picks 1-10)

Postby stevea » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:47 pm

1. St. Louis Rams - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Don't know if they'll have the balls to do it, but I would.
2. Detroit Lions - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma - Between he and Okung, but they miss Rogers in the middle.
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - Probably Okung, but they need a playmaker
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - If they are smart, they will protect their backfield weapons.
5. Cleveland Browns - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech - This guy has amazing footwork and is extremely agile. Great add.
6. Washington Redskins - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - Campbell is a middle-of-the-road guy. Dan Snyder hates middle-of-the-road guys.
7. Buffalo Bills - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - I like it :)
8. Oakland Raiders - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida - You know crazy Al will take a chance here.
9. Seattle Seahawks - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma - Must....protect....quarterback
10. Denver Broncos (from Chicago) - Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama - Bet the Bears wish they had this pick back.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Re: 2010 Mock Draft (prelim, picks 1-10)

Postby BradyT » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:08 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:1. St. Louis Rams - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Don't know if they'll have the balls to do it, but I would.
2. Detroit Lions - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma - Between he and Okung, but they miss Rogers in the middle.
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - Probably Okung, but they need a playmaker
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - If they are smart, they will protect their backfield weapons.
5. Cleveland Browns - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech - This guy has amazing footwork and is extremely agile. Great add.
6. Washington Redskins - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - Campbell is a middle-of-the-road guy. Dan Snyder hates middle-of-the-road guys.
8. Oakland Raiders - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida - You know crazy Al will take a chance here.
9. Seattle Seahawks - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma - Must....protect....quarterback
10. Denver Broncos (from Chicago) - Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama - Bet the Bears wish they had this pick back.
I think Al Davis will take Taylor Mays, if he´s available.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 pm

BradyT wrote:
I think Al Davis will take Taylor Mays, if he´s available.
I think it's one of the two. If the Raiders pass, he may fall quite a ways...perhaps to the Cowboys as the Texans would probably take Earl Thomas first.
Last edited by stevea on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:22 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:1. St. Louis Rams - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Don't know if they'll have the balls to do it, but I would.
Looking back, the hawks should have picked a tackle last year.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:
Looking back, the hawks should have picked a tackle last year.
I agree :)
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/fo/mockdraft09.php

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Steve. You like Bradford that early over McCoy? I would have to bump Bradford down a bit with the injury issues, even though I know he is very talented. I just think it would be a bit risky taking Bradford this early.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:30 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:Steve. You like Bradford that early over McCoy? I would have to bump Bradford down a bit with the injury issues, even though I know he is very talented. I just think it would be a bit risky taking Bradford this early.
I certainly didn't say this is what I would do :) I like Clausen better than either, but the Skins can afford to sit him a season as well. If Locker decides to leave, they would take him...then again, so would the Browns.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 am

bigcsr67 wrote:Looking back, the hawks should have picked a tackle last year.
I see the Hawks taking a tackle in the first round and a QB in the second round, or vice-versa if Bradford or Clausen fall to them. Hasselbeck has looked absolutely dreadful in the last month, and Seneca Wallace is not the answer.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:49 am

the_lung wrote:
bigcsr67 wrote:Looking back, the hawks should have picked a tackle last year.
I see the Hawks taking a tackle in the first round and a QB in the second round, or vice-versa if Bradford or Clausen fall to them. Hasselbeck has looked absolutely dreadful in the last month, and Seneca Wallace is not the answer.
I completely agree. If one of the QBs fall, they will most likely scoop him up.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 am

I've read that Suh might be one of the best prospects ever. I haven't seen him play, but if the guy is supposed to be that good I don't see that a risky pick, but the logical one over a QB. IMO, the rams can make due with bulger or whoever next year. They've got enough needs that I don't think they'll win much next year.

I like the idea of laurenitis, long, and suh on D. If smith can bounce back at OT, then maybe they can protect whoever at QB next year and possibly land locker in 2011.

I also read that the Texans could consider Dez Bryant if Kevin Walter leaves. Is that a stretch or does that make sense? I'd like it as a schaub owner. I wonder if a RB is an option.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 am

hot nikkels wrote:
I've read that Suh might be one of the best prospects ever. I haven't seen him play, but if the guy is supposed to be that good I don't see that a risky pick, but the logical one over a QB. IMO, the rams can make due with bulger or whoever next year. They've got enough needs that I don't think they'll win much next year.

I like the idea of laurenitis, long, and suh on D. If smith can bounce back at OT, then maybe they can protect whoever at QB next year and possibly land locker in 2011.

I also read that the Texans could consider Dez Bryant if Kevin Walter leaves. Is that a stretch or does that make sense? I'd like it as a schaub owner. I wonder if a RB is an option.
I would hope that Kevin Walter isn't a "dealbreaker" if the Texans really want Dez Bryant :D I could see the Texans adding a RB here as they don't seem to be very happy with Slaton and the other backs they have.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:10 pm

C.J. Spiller and Earl Thomas are getting the most talk in Houston circles, but Dez would be a nice pick if he falls to them.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:38 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:C.J. Spiller and Earl Thomas are getting the most talk in Houston circles, but Dez would be a nice pick if he falls to them.
What do you think of Earl Thomas to the Giants? I am leaning towards this as my preference (but it is still early).

hot nikkels....I think the only reason Steve put "Don't know if they have the balls to do it" is because of the fact they have spent so many early picks on the DL in recent years so they would have Carriker, Long and Suh all on the payroll as early first rounders.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:44 pm

hosler427 wrote:
dlf_stevea wrote:C.J. Spiller and Earl Thomas are getting the most talk in Houston circles, but Dez would be a nice pick if he falls to them.
What do you think of Earl Thomas to the Giants? I am leaning towards this as my preference (but it is still early).

hot nikkels....I think the only reason Steve put "Don't know if they have the balls to do it" is because of the fact they have spent so many early picks on the DL in recent years so they would have Carriker, Long and Suh all on the payroll as early first rounders.

The Rams taking Defensive linemen in the 1st round could end up being the new "Lions take a WR in the 1st round" draft rule :lol: although I think loading up on D-Linemen in the draft is not a bad strategy. Its tough for the Rams to keep passing up QBs though, considering their QB situation is becoming almost "Delhommian" (how's THAT for a new word :wink: )
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:56 pm

hosler427 wrote:

I understand. Carikker has been hurt during his time in the NFL, but I get what steve is saying. I think long has flashed his ability and laurenitis is a tackling machine. I guess you can't blame the rams for going suh or claussen. It'd be nice to get Suh this year and locker next, but this is the NFL and draft picks aren't set in stone. Gotta grab that frachise QB if you have the opportunity.

Side question. Any QBs in the next 2 years going to be better then Stafford? Or plainly, any of them more talented? Just a question in my head at the moment.