New HyperActive Leagues forming

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
dlf_ryanm
Starter
Starter

New HyperActive Leagues forming

Postby dlf_ryanm » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:51 pm

I am beginning some new HyperActive dynasty leagues. If you're interested in joining, or just learning more, check out www.hyperactiveleagues.com
Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/RyanMc23

scratchnsniff
Role Player
Role Player

Re: New HyperActive Leagues forming

Postby scratchnsniff » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:52 am

Am I reading you payout structure properly? For example, you're paying out 860 of 1200 in the $100 league. If so, that's an enormous fee.
Team 1: 12 Team Dynasty PPR 1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1Flex(W/R/T) (starters)
Rodgers,Romo
Foster,Martin, K Robinson, J Stew, Woodhead, Ivory, J White
Julio, Demaryius, Torrey, Crabtree, Woods, Hawkins, Blackmon, M Bryant
Graham, Olsen, Reed, Ebron
Rookie Picks:

dlf_ryanm
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_ryanm » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:59 am

scratchnsniff wrote:Am I reading you payout structure properly? For example, you're paying out 860 of 1200 in the $100 league. If so, that's an enormous fee.
A portion of that goes to MFL, of course. The payout percentages are in line with all of our competitors, though I understand some are not willing to play in leagues with commissioner fees.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm

FYI - MFL costs 69.95 per season...So, it's 270 for a commissioner fee? Just want clarification ...
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Noticed that myself. There's nothing wrong with charging a commission, imho, but the lack of transparency is. You could easily explain the basis for the commission and the benefits that managers get (experienced commissioning, impartial handling of all matters, market-rate for "professionally-managed" leagues, etc.).

Sweeping it under the rug just makes it look bad, and it draws the attention of everyone and generates negative press.

:wall:

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:10 am

anyone that plays in a league where a commishioner takes a fee is a sap imo. cant laugh about that garbage enough. commishing a league is not that difficult. there is zero reason a league should pay some random person to do it for um.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

scratchnsniff
Role Player
Role Player

Postby scratchnsniff » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:15 am

dlf_ryanm wrote:
scratchnsniff wrote:Am I reading you payout structure properly? For example, you're paying out 860 of 1200 in the $100 league. If so, that's an enormous fee.
A portion of that goes to MFL, of course. The payout percentages are in line with all of our competitors, though I understand some are not willing to play in leagues with commissioner fees.
As was pointed out by another reader, the MFL fees are minimal and although they might be higher for your league, at most, they are not even half of your fees. As a DLFer looking out for his readers, would you ever consider recommending to folks to pay anywhere near this type of fee? What could a commissioner possibly do to provide that much value? I almost feel like you are taking advantage of readers, whom you should be looking out for.
Rodgers,Romo
Rookie Picks:

dlf_ryanm
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_ryanm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:43 pm

melish1631 wrote:FYI - MFL costs 69.95 per season...So, it's 270 for a commissioner fee? Just want clarification ...

If you are referring to the $50 league, the commissioner fees are ~$160 for the season. As I said earlier, this is competitive with all other services like this, based on my research. The higher entry leagues are much easier to provide higher payout percentages.

dlf_ryanm
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_ryanm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:Noticed that myself. There's nothing wrong with charging a commission, imho, but the lack of transparency is. You could easily explain the basis for the commission and the benefits that managers get (experienced commissioning, impartial handling of all matters, market-rate for "professionally-managed" leagues, etc.).

Sweeping it under the rug just makes it look bad, and it draws the attention of everyone and generates negative press.

:wall:

We're certainly not trying to hide anything, as the full payout information is listed in the rules document. I understand many may not be comfortable paying a commissioner fee, but I often have people asking me where they can find a good league that will last. That's one reason that led me to open these leagues.

dlf_ryanm
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_ryanm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:46 pm

knotts4372 wrote:anyone that plays in a league where a commishioner takes a fee is a sap imo. cant laugh about that garbage enough. commishing a league is not that difficult. there is zero reason a league should pay some random person to do it for um.

As I said, many people have been asking me recently where to find good leagues, so I thought this would be a good option. In the leagues I play in, I would never consider charging a commissioner fee, but if I'm not participating, I think it is reasonable.

If you are one who is able to find (or start) their own league, that is great and you wouldn't need this service.

dlf_ryanm
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_ryanm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:50 pm

scratchnsniff wrote:
dlf_ryanm wrote:
As was pointed out by another reader, the MFL fees are minimal and although they might be higher for your league, at most, they are not even half of your fees. As a DLFer looking out for his readers, would you ever consider recommending to folks to pay anywhere near this type of fee? What could a commissioner possibly do to provide that much value? I almost feel like you are taking advantage of readers, whom you should be looking out for.
When people ask me where to fins good leagues, I always direct them to this forum. There are great leagues looking for owners and even leagues being formed here all the time. The volume of people who I have been hearing from in the past months led me to this option.

Like I said before, I understand many are able to find or start their own league and don't need any help.

As far as what I would recommend to someone, the most important thing is finding a good league. I have run and played in many of those and don't charge any fees if I play. If I'm not participating though, I feel it is necessary to receive some compensation and the level we are at is competitive with others, like Masters Dynasty Leagues.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 pm

I don't see why anyone has a problem with it. As a commissioner/owner I have never taken a commish fee because I enjoy doing it, but it is about the most thankless job. There are a few guys that appreciate the time I put into it because they have probably served as a commish before. If a league of 16, 20, or 32 guys formed and all of them were former commissioners, they would be glad to pay someone else to effectively run it.

It is a choice to join a league that does or does not charge a fee. It is free to setup a username and post/solicit on this forum. Who in their right mind would have a problem with an administrator of a free forum use his own service to advertise a related service?
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

scratchnsniff
Role Player
Role Player

Postby scratchnsniff » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:39 pm

OK, so let’s say that the MFL fees are $140. That makes the total prize pool for the $100 league, before commissioner fees, $1060. The actual commissioner fee is $200. That’s 19%!!!

So, just upfront, every player is losing 28% (inclusive of commissioner and MFL fee).
Who in their right mind would have a problem with an administrator of a free forum use his own service to advertise a related service?
I don’t have a problem with someone advertising a league, but given that 1) it is only transparent if you go take the time to read the bylaws and 2) it is being done by someone that is a member of the DLF team that would likely never even consider joining a league that only returns 72% of the dues.
I feel it is necessary to receive some compensation
I don’t disagree with that statement, just with the extent of the fee
Rodgers,Romo
Rookie Picks:

dlf_ryanm
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_ryanm » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:11 pm

scratchnsniff wrote:OK, so let’s say that the MFL fees are $140. That makes the total prize pool for the $100 league, before commissioner fees, $1060. The actual commissioner fee is $200. That’s 19%!!!

So, just upfront, every player is losing 28% (inclusive of commissioner and MFL fee).
Who in their right mind would have a problem with an administrator of a free forum use his own service to advertise a related service?
I don’t have a problem with someone advertising a league, but given that 1) it is only transparent if you go take the time to read the bylaws and 2) it is being done by someone that is a member of the DLF team that would likely never even consider joining a league that only returns 72% of the dues.
I feel it is necessary to receive some compensation
I don’t disagree with that statement, just with the extent of the fee

I would hope all dynasty players would take the time to read the rules/bylaws before joining any league.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:29 pm

as i said before anyone that pays a person to commish their league is an absolute and total sap
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter