14 team, PPR/IDP startup

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
Chickensoup
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

14 team, PPR/IDP startup

Postby Chickensoup » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:16 am

So I decided to go ahead and just try making a dynasty league on my own. 14 team PPR/IDP with custom scoring to reward good Defensive players that do things other than simply accumulate tackles.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 2 DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 Def Flex, NO Kicker. 16 bench slots, 4 IR slots.

Fractional scoring (otherwise standard for offense), 1 PPR, kick return yardage counts (1 pt/25 yards)
Defensive scoring: Sack(4), fumble recovery (2), forced fumble (4), int (6), any defensive TD (6), solo tackle (1), assisted tackle (0.5), passes defensed (1.5), safety (10)

rookie draft will be 4 rounds, all picks tradable and you dont have to drop anyone before the draft (you can simply trade who you pick or not roster any of your picks if you want to).

Waivers will be FAAB ($100)

13 week regular season, 6 teams in playoffs (first 2 get byes), don't play week 17.

I'm aiming for a slow draft if possible, if we get close to the season and are behind in picks we can put the players already chosen on teams and start an online draft from there.

It's on ESPN, which i know people here tend to not be a fan of, but this is my first league im commish of for football so i wanted to see how it goes.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaguesetu ... eId=111726

If anyone is interested or has any suggestions reply here or send me an email at zacharyneitzel@gmail.com
12 team 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 2DL 2LB 2DB 1DFlex 35 man
QB: Rodgers, Schaub, Ponder
RB: Charles, S.Jackson, Stewart, Hillis, Starks, Jones, Goodson, Gerhart, Smith
WR: Jennings, Maclin, S. Johnson, Garçon, Lafell, L.Moore, E.Sanders, Ochocinco, Hilton
TE: Gates, J.Cook, L.Green, K.Davis
K:Lawrence Tynes
DL: Watt, Shreard, C.Dunlap
LB: Willis, Laurenitis, Angerer
DB: Berry, Chung, T. Williams

DevotedWarrior
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 14 team, PPR/IDP startup

Postby DevotedWarrior » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 pm

How much does this league cost and are you going through Leaguesafe.com? Would you consider doing this through MFL instead of ESPN? The site is user friendly and much better in my opinion. Could be interested for 2 of us.
Team 1
Newton,Foles
Morris, Bell, Ball, Lattimore, Helu, Hunter
AJG, Julio, DT, A. Brown, Cooks, Patton
Rudolph, Reed, Ebron
C. Johnson, C. Long, McCoy, Ansah, JPP, Tank, A. Donald
Burfict, Alonso, D. Washington, B. Wagner, Shazier, D. Davis
P. Peterson, Barron, E. Reid, Burnett

Team 2
Brees, Eli, Smith
Lacy, Ball, Ridley, Hunter
Cobb, Hilton, Crabs, K. Benjamin, Latimer, Bailey
Graham
Atkins, Floyd
Quinn, Watt, Hunt
Alonso, A. Smith, Z. Brown, Clowney, Wheeler, Misi, Mathis
Chancellor, D. McCourty, Gilmore, Rhodes, Moore, Fuller

Team 3
Stafford, Foles
Lacy, TRich, D. Brown, Barner, L. Murray, D. Robinson
K. Allen, Crabs, Hilton, Stills, Dobson
Ertz, Eifert, Toilolo
McCoy, Peko
Quinn, Liuget, D. Lawrence, Hunt, Tank, Q. Smith
Tulloch, M. Foster, Te'o, J. Jones, Brooks, Mercilus
P. Peterson, M. Jenkins, Quin, Milliner, Swearinger

Chickensoup
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Chickensoup » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 pm

What exactly is the benefit of using MFL? I'm in the process of checking it out right now and doing the "free trial" to try and set it up and so far it looks like it's harder to set things up. is it just more customizable or something?
12 team 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 2DL 2LB 2DB 1DFlex 35 man
QB: Rodgers, Schaub, Ponder
RB: Charles, S.Jackson, Stewart, Hillis, Starks, Jones, Goodson, Gerhart, Smith
WR: Jennings, Maclin, S. Johnson, Garçon, Lafell, L.Moore, E.Sanders, Ochocinco, Hilton
TE: Gates, J.Cook, L.Green, K.Davis
K:Lawrence Tynes
DL: Watt, Shreard, C.Dunlap
LB: Willis, Laurenitis, Angerer
DB: Berry, Chung, T. Williams

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:49 pm

My advice is to join a MFL league before you go trying to commish one. It can be a little overwhelming but once you get used to it there are many options. Plus MFL is not free so you would have to find a way to collect the money from the owners. Most use leaguesafe. Does ESPN allow you to do slow drafts? You could always do the draft on MFL, they do have free draft for leagues. This will allow you to have a slow draft. You would just have to transfer over rosters for the 14 teams. Oh and I may be interested still debating if I want another league.