Vampire League

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Vampire League

Postby Rich55112 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:16 pm

Hello,

Starting a Vampire League called Vampire Nation.

There is a very large forest called the Cursed Woods of Hellvania. In that forest is a place where most people live that is called Tombstone Township. In the middle of the township is the High Castle where the elite live. All of them have a few things in common; The people in the forest, township, and castle love playing fantasy football and there always seems to be a Vampire that sneaks into their leagues.

• The basic concept for a Vampire League is that you have a redraft league of 12 owners and one owner is randomly picked as the Vampire Team. The Vampire Team does not get to draft. That team, after the draft is completed, picks players to fill their roster with players that are left over.
• There are no trades. Well, with one exception…If the Vampire Team beats another team, they get to trade one of their starting players for another starting player of the losing team of the same position; RB for RB, WR for WR, etc…
• The original concept calls for no waivers, but we are going deviate from that just a bit. If one of your players goes on their NFL team’s IR (or gets waived and becomes a FA), you can make a waiver move as long as there is another team, in your conference, that also has a player that ended up on their NFL team’s IR (or gets waived and becomes a FA).

In Vampire Nation, there are 3 conferences (The High Castle, Tombstone Township, and The Cursed Woods) of 12 teams each. Each conference will have 1 Vampire Team.

To learn more, visit the league's MFL website at https://www60.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/38688#0

If you want to join, email me at richhavlik@gmail.com

Thanks
Rich

BeeziBad
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Vampire League

Postby BeeziBad » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:25 am

Damn this concept sounds dope!
The Mega Powers - 12Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - 1PPR
QB - R. Tannehill, T. Bridgewater
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, C. Akers, Z. Moss, R. Jones, R. Armstead, M. Davis, C. Edmonds
WR - J. Jeudy, H. Ruggs, T. Higgins, L. Shenault, C. Claypool, J. Reagor, C. Davis, J. Washington, B. Aiyuk, Q. Cephus, KJ Hamler, A. Lazard
TE - C. Herndon, D. Sample
Picks - 2021 - 1, 1, 1

Jabroni Beaters - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - NONPPR
QB - P. Mahomes B. Mayfield
RB - S. Barkley, E. Elliott, JK Dobbins, A. Peterson, M. Breida, D. Freeman
WR - T. Hill. AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Jefferson, J. Edelman, B. Aiyuk, L. Shenault, JJAW, B. Edwards
TE - Z. Ertz, H. Hurst, J. Smith

SuperSonics - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - .5 PPR
QB - S. Darnold, R. Tannehill, C. Newton
RB - E. Elliott, N. Chubb, D. Cook, R. Jones, A. Peterson
WR - T. Hill, O. Beckham, D. Metcalf, C. Davis, H. Renfrow, R. Cobb
TE - Z. Ertz, E. Engram, H. Henry, J. Smith, K. Rudolph
Picks - 2020 - 2.7
2021 - 2, 3

Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rich55112 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Might as well give it a try!!

Samcro14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Samcro14 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:28 am

I've skimmed your bylaws and it sounds well organized and definitely different from other leagues, however, there should be some reward to being the vampire. For example, the team that is chosen as the vampire should get a handicap each week (call it sucking the life out of the opponent or something) or make it so if the vampire team wins a playoff game they get half of the pot or if they win the league they get 100% of the pot. Something extreme that is highly unlikely to happen, but gives a huge payout if someone can make it happen. Otherwise, whats the point? Why have one team just be miserable. A team full of left overs isn't likely to win enough games to steal enough players to matter. There needs to be some end game to the concept and after skimming the bylaws I didn't see one. If you implement something like that, I would be interested. Just my thoughts.

Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rich55112 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:27 pm

When it comes to an endgame, we'd vote as a league on what that will look like

Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rich55112 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 pm

The High Castle Conference is full
3 spots left in the Tombstone Township Conference
7 spots left in the Cursed Woods Conference

Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rich55112 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:27 am

2 spots left in the Tombstone Township Conference
5 spots left in the Cursed Woods Conference

roofy61
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roofy61 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:39 am

In the original concept of the league the vampire can make waiver claims but other teams can't. Is this league set up the same way? If so i would be interested. If the vampire can only draft scraps and not have access to waivers it seems improbable that they will stand a chance.

Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rich55112 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:32 pm

roofy61 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:39 am In the original concept of the league the vampire can make waiver claims but other teams can't. Is this league set up the same way? If so i would be interested. If the vampire can only draft scraps and not have access to waivers it seems improbable that they will stand a chance.
I made a slight rule change. Below is what I have in the footnotes.

"The original concept calls for no waivers, but we are going deviate from that just a bit. If one of your players goes on their NFL team’s IR (or gets waived and becomes a FA), you can make a waiver move as long as there is another team, in your conference, that also has a player that ended on their NFL team’s IR (or gets waived and becomes a FA)."

This includes Vampire Teams as well

Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rich55112 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:06 am

Samcro14 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:28 am I've skimmed your bylaws and it sounds well organized and definitely different from other leagues, however, there should be some reward to being the vampire. For example, the team that is chosen as the vampire should get a handicap each week (call it sucking the life out of the opponent or something) or make it so if the vampire team wins a playoff game they get half of the pot or if they win the league they get 100% of the pot. Something extreme that is highly unlikely to happen, but gives a huge payout if someone can make it happen. Otherwise, whats the point? Why have one team just be miserable. A team full of left overs isn't likely to win enough games to steal enough players to matter. There needs to be some end game to the concept and after skimming the bylaws I didn't see one. If you implement something like that, I would be interested. Just my thoughts.
We just added the GOLDEN BAT AWARD. The Vampire Team with the best record will win 10% of their conferences Blood Bank

Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rich55112 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:17 pm

1 open spot left in Tombstone Township Conference
5 open spots left in Cursed Wood Conference

Rich55112
Practice Squad
Practice Squad