Looking for a free SF/2QB

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looking for a free SF/2QB

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:41 am

Wanting to give a stab at a 2QB/SF league, but not have money on the line for it. I'd still take it as serious as my other 20 and 40 league (clearly not a high roller). Any league size, any ppr or TE prem setup. Would prefer no IDP but still join and try to learn that side of the ball

Startup or some redheaded stepchild level ugly orphan I'll take
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Looking for a free SF/2QB

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm

I also would be looking for another free superflex or 2QB

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:24 am

slaughterrt wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm I also would be looking for another free superflex or 2QB
If we can't find one, I may start one up on a free site. Seems there's enough demand just not enough supply
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:25 pm

Sounds good. I’m not looking to commish another league (as I commish a 16 team 2QB and a 16 team superflex), but keep me posted if you do start one up.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 pm

I'd be interested if it was done on Yahoo, MFL, FanTrax or ESPN
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Evo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Evo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:09 am

Also interested, prefer fleaflicker as I primarily use mfl and fleaflicker.
12 Team - PPR

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE

QB: M. Mariota, A. Smith
RB: D. Cook, J. Ayayi, O. Darkwa, M. Mack, J. White
WR: J. Jones, S. Diggs, T. Hill, J. Landry, N. Agholor, M. Goodwin, C. Hogan, W. Snead, T. Williams, T. Ginn, N. Brown, A. Darboh, B. Perriman
TE: J. Doyle, B. Watson, G. Celek, R. Seals-Jones, D. Sims, G. Gathers

2018 Picks:

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:08 am

So, looks like I'll be starting up a free Superflex league. The demand is certainly there for it, and I'll be happy to comish it. I only ask everyone that even if free, you still take it seriously. Respond to trade offers, send out trade offers, manage team intelligently, and above all else do not drop in the middle of a season. With being free, no issues if you play for a year to scratch that 2QB itch and then move on to something with some stakes. We can find others like us currently wishing to learn

I've touched around with fleaflicker, have never used it for a season, but it seemed good enough for me. MFL is of course the king, but as far as I know there's no way for it to be free and I don't want the hassle of collecting even just $5 from each person to pay for the site dues. My understanding in ESPN and Yahoo have issues with Dynasty year round. So unless theres a strong opinion elsewise, I'll be using Fleaflicker or Fantrax for this (message me if you do have an opinion/alternative idea)

With starting a league up, there's another couple of things I'd like to add as well, and since it's free, it wouldn't be heartbreaking if the ideas aren't good or change a touch each season trying to iron out. Mainly going .5 ppr and 1pt 1st downs to try and give more accurate fantasy value to real world plays

12 team Superflex, .5 ppr (1pt ppr TEs?), 1 pt 1st downs, and maybe a slight big play bonus (20+, 40+ or 80+ yard plays get an extra 1/2/4 points I feel). I'd also prefer to have a group chat app (that can be muted by users so it doesn't blow up our phones/email at work)

Send me a PM if you're interested in that or have opinions on any matter. I'm all ears.

Update: Monkeyed around in Fantrax as well. Seems both Fantrax or Feaflicker will work for a free dynasty SF league with some scoring modifications

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Bump (Im not interested in Fleaflicker but bumping it to help get it filled)

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:26 pm

If any of you are interested in a free orphan - I run a 12tm Superflex on ESPN. It's a 1PPR & 2TE.

One of the owners is dropping out - he took over a team in 2016, but was super inactive during the season and has now told me he will not be returning. I appreciate him giving me the heads up.

Some of the highlights on the team include Lev Bell, Melv Gordon & 1.04 - but the team is pretty ugly. If you are interested in it, let me know and I can give you the full roster details - then you can decide.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:54 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:18 pm Bump (Im not interested in Fleaflicker but bumping it to help get it filled)
Edit: After further review, Fantrax is back as an option. I worked around the premium issues, and essentially I can't get the exact scoring I want out of Flea Flicker, and I can't get the exact lineups I want out of Fantrax (no RB/TE flex option which is weird). Everything else is workable enough on both with the skeleton leagues I've created. Fantrax maybe seems like it has more custombizable options?

Unfortunately, I've had a better go of setting up the league settings in Fleaflicker. Fantrax a couple times what I wanted to do resulted in it becoming a "premium" league I'd have to pay for so Fleaflicker it is. Thank you for your helpful bump and let me know if you reconsider being interested even if it's not your platform of choice

I've invited two from the thread to join and check things out as owners and recommend a tweak or two as I'm almost positive I have something at least slightly mess up of course and I'd rather handle that now than when the league is full

Once that's done, I'll write up a very generic league charter/rules and post a new thread to fill the rest of the spots. I'm excited with what I have so far

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

Rawesome
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Rawesome » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:49 am

Are you still looking into doing a free one? I'm interested. My other dynasty league uses fleaflicker and works quite well.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:33 pm

I'm already stretched on the # of platforms I am involved in - MFL, ESPN, Yahoo & Fantrax (not to mention MFL10s are now on a new server/site run by Fanball) - I dont have any issues specifically with fleaflickr other than I never really liked what I saw when I browsed their site.

I'm certainly willing to help get it filled if you go with fleaflickr - I just have no interest or willingness to put any time/effort into using a new site. That and I just stepped in to help run one of my existing leagues so thats taking up some of my free time also.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:20 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:33 pm I'm already stretched on the # of platforms I am involved in - MFL, ESPN, Yahoo & Fantrax (not to mention MFL10s are now on a new server/site run by Fanball) - I dont have any issues specifically with fleaflickr other than I never really liked what I saw when I browsed their site.

I'm certainly willing to help get it filled if you go with fleaflickr - I just have no interest or willingness to put any time/effort into using a new site. That and I just stepped in to help run one of my existing leagues so thats taking up some of my free time also.
Due to flea flicker having their big play scoring locked in with a touchdown, I'll be using Fantrax for this. I'll just deal with not having an RB/TE slot having having it be 3RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE and a flex. They have WR/TE flex, I guess I could use as the WR3 spot, but there's a lot more options at WR3 whereas RB3 a TE2 would be more likely to outproduce at least depending on matchup

Message me your email if you'd like to join and I'll send you an invite. I'll get some small details finalized and then post the league for the remaining 6 or so spots I have left

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5