The NCFF introduces the FCS league

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
NCFF
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

The NCFF introduces the FCS league

Postby NCFF » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:17 am

The basic premise behind both the NCFF and FCS is that NFL rookies are considered freshmen. After each season, freshmen become sophomores, sophomores become juniors, juniors become seniors, and seniors lose their eligibility. We use college football as a blueprint for how the league was designed.

- Auctions instead of drafts to emulate recruiting.
- Teams scheduling their non-conference opponents.
- A hard-to-qualify-for playoff system.
- Some programs/conferences are more powerful than others.
- Redshirts (and medical redshirts) to extend eligibility.
- Rivalries to make some matchups more meaningful than others.

To boot, the NCFF has nice graphics, and additional content around our recruiting periods and during the season.

The NCFF has great retention rate and loyalty. We have 68 coaches (out of 72) returning in 2018. The NCFF has grown steadily over the years:

2014 - 26 teams
2015 - 34 teams
2016 - 50 teams
2017 - 72 teams
2018 - 86 teams ( http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/30990#1 )

This week, we announce the formation of a supplementary league called FCS. It will have many of the same features as the NCFF does. Its purpose is to provide a low-cost (under $10) opportunity to try out the format, with the opportunity to win your way into an NCFF invitation.

Information about the FCS can be found here: http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/33427#1

We are active on GroupMe, but it's not a requirement.

If you have questions, let me know. I can be reached at ncff.commish@gmail.com or via Twitter (@NCFF_Commish).

NCFF
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: The NCFF introduces the FCS league

Postby NCFF » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:28 am

In the first week, the FCS has 24 coaches signed up. We continue to look for additional coaches.

If you have questions, let me know. I can be reached at ncff.commish@gmail.com or via Twitter (@NCFF_Commish).

NCFF
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NCFF » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 am

After a busy weekend, the FCS is up to 38 people signed up. Some really good fantasy players here. Check us out!

NCFF
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NCFF » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm

FCS now has 45 coaches signed up. Check us out!