THIS LEAGUE will ruin your other leagues (RW)

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
Agent575
Role Player
Role Player

THIS LEAGUE will ruin your other leagues (RW)

Postby Agent575 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:40 am

It's happened time and time again. Our members have been cutting other leagues to have more time for this one since we began in 2012.

Simply put, you will not find a more active league anywhere. Are you tired of hearing about how active leagues are only to show up and be the most active owner by a long shot? Are you starting to realize that beating your drunken friends who barely pay attention to the NFL isn't very rewarding? Or that when they beat you it makes this hobby feel like a waste of time? There are 40+ members of our club that visit at least every single day and many of them visit more than their significant others should know about.

Now the deal is that we don't want owners that will only join if the available teams are good, we want those who would gnaw off their arm to be here and own the worst team ever...but here is the skinny....we're going to have two dispersal drafts this year in our Minor League. We could easily fill these teams as-is but since we have multiple openings the best way is to build YOUR TEAM to start. Forming a good team here won't be an issue so we're back to whether or not you are a good fit for us and vice versa.

You just will not find another league like this one. We've looked...it doesn't exist. This is Roster Wars!
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/

WARNING: You don't get into this club just because you have some money. Everyone has that. We're looking for real owners. So if you think you have what it takes, visit our site and start at the top with the FRONT PORCH and the BYLAWS. From there, you'll either dive into the rabbit hole or you'll run away....just as we've intended.

See you there!

For the ultimate dynasty league experience...
Roster Wars
Roster Wars forums

Agent575
Role Player
Role Player

Re: THIS LEAGUE will ruin your other leagues (RW)

Postby Agent575 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:52 pm

A few new members this week but we're always looking for other diehards. If you haven't taken the time to look, you should...

Roster Wars
Roster Wars forums

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 pm

I am just a fantasy nerd like most here. I am someone who prides myself on doing all that I can to be better than my competition. Putting in the work, the time to analyze, formulate opinions, put work in to get better every fantasy day. I don't win every league, but I get pleasure in the ride.

I joined RW last year, let me correct that, RW became a part of my fantasy world last year. I was accepted into this league. This league that changes all other leagues. As the post above this one said it ruins you. Ruins you for the better.

You know that crap you deal with in leagues where inactivity, lack of a challenge, or just weak competition waters down that fantasy thirst.. It's not here. It's not here cause it's designed as such. The settings are remarkable and only outdone by the level of owners that are in it. We literally have our own forum that folks hang out in and talk about football and life in. 48 owners divided up in 2 leagues, numbers of past owners all in a place built for fantasy dominance.

This league is the league you will measure all others on. There are a few openings.. Believe me you want to JUMP on this opportunity. Come give it a look and decide or not if it is for you. You may be a fit or you may not. If you do or don't get in the league I'm telling you that your still going to want to be in this community. You wont regret clicking that link above.

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:29 am

If you're looking for a great league, this is it. I used to have over 30 leagues because I would get bored in the offseason -- I needed 30 leagues to keep some semblance of activity. But I joined RW two years ago and most of my other leagues (except those that I commish -- I still love all of you) have become an afterthought and I've cut the number of leagues that I'm in by half. Stop on by and check it out. You can thank me later.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:27 am

So basically what you are saying is kill off many smaller leagues by taking away active owners so that there can be a few bigger leagues that not every owner is guaranteed to partake in?

Sounds like you are the Wal-Mart of dynasty football.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:27 am So basically what you are saying is kill off many smaller leagues by taking away active owners so that there can be a few bigger leagues that not every owner is guaranteed to partake in?

Sounds like you are the Wal-Mart of dynasty football.
I'd really like for them all to be active but, as we both know, that's not always the case. You should check it out, though. You'd be a great fit for RW.

On a side note, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday. Has anyone else checked out their new order pickup system? It's all robotic. You scan a barcode and BOOM -- there's your product.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:47 am

No I certainly would not disagree that not every league is that active - but the premise here is basically telling the "active hardcore" owners in DLF to depart their current leagues and join RW, or that they are going to enjoy RW so much that they are going to have to sacrifice their other leagues. Either way its a cannibalistic approach, one used by great effect by Wal-Mart by convincing the average person to spend their money in Wal-Mart all in the name of pinching pennies.

I've been to Wal-Mart recently - it seems run down, there are less people around to help, and the greeter is absent half the time - maybe if RW stopped poaching owners from other leagues to ensure it survival thats what would happen to it as well. Ergo the only reason RW is great is because it keeps stealing owners from other leagues rather than ensuring the owners they do have remain active.

NYJ
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby NYJ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:18 pm

Great league. Active owners, dedicated commish and never a dull moment. Wish all my leagues were like this one.

Check it out.

valfilm
Rookie
Rookie

Postby valfilm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Anyone who checks this out will get addicted. Whether you play in the league or not, the website and forum is still an awesome place to be.

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:29 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:47 am No I certainly would not disagree that not every league is that active - but the premise here is basically telling the "active hardcore" owners in DLF to depart their current leagues and join RW, or that they are going to enjoy RW so much that they are going to have to sacrifice their other leagues. Either way its a cannibalistic approach, one used by great effect by Wal-Mart by convincing the average person to spend their money in Wal-Mart all in the name of pinching pennies.

I've been to Wal-Mart recently - it seems run down, there are less people around to help, and the greeter is absent half the time - maybe if RW stopped poaching owners from other leagues to ensure it survival thats what would happen to it as well. Ergo the only reason RW is great is because it keeps stealing owners from other leagues rather than ensuring the owners they do have remain active.
The premise here is not telling all the "active hardcore" owners to depart their leagues in route to RW. The premises is this is an amazing league that as a "active hardcore" owner I would be dying to get in. We are just giving you our takes that from our experiences once you have played in this league the other leagues, the ones that cause you more heartache and pain then enjoyment your gonna cut cause your going to realize that void being filled with the quality that RW brings.

There is no rule saying you have to cut other leagues or that you cant do RW and others, the vast majority of us are in other leagues. But the consensus is we have all made the personal decision to cut the BS leagues cause they weren't worth our time after seeing how well this league functions. By all means check it out, apply to join, and if accepted keep every league you are in and add more. Nothing wrong with that.

Agent575
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Agent575 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:47 am No I certainly would not disagree that not every league is that active - but the premise here is basically telling the "active hardcore" owners in DLF to depart their current leagues and join RW, or that they are going to enjoy RW so much that they are going to have to sacrifice their other leagues. Either way its a cannibalistic approach, one used by great effect by Wal-Mart by convincing the average person to spend their money in Wal-Mart all in the name of pinching pennies.

:lol:
Nobody is telling anyone what to do. What I'm saying is most leagues wouldn't know "active" if it bit eleven out of twelve owners in their arse so for that one guy in some leagues that wishes his league was actually fun, he/she should come to RW because it'll feel like paradise. If that person leaves their old dusty other leagues after finding paradise, well that wouldn't be my fault now would it? That would be their old dusty leagues fault for not be fun when compared to something else.

I wish there were more leagues like this one but the reality is most fantasy owners want to draft 400 times every year and then suck royally at managing all those teams so the vast majority of leagues are watered down garbage.

Just my opinion of course. Look forward to seeing how you try to keep spinning reality.

Roster Wars
Roster Wars forums

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Agent575 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Nobody is telling anyone what to do. What I'm saying is most leagues wouldn't know "active" if it bit eleven out of twelve owners in their arse so for that one guy in some leagues that wishes his league was actually fun, he/she should come to RW because it'll feel like paradise. If that person leaves their old dusty other leagues after finding paradise, well that wouldn't be my fault now would it? That would be their old dusty leagues fault for not be fun when compared to something else.

I wish there were more leagues like this one but the reality is most fantasy owners want to draft 400 times every year and then suck royally at managing all those teams so the vast majority of leagues are watered down garbage.

Just my opinion of course. Look forward to seeing how you try to keep spinning reality.
The reality is that you have to come back year after year recruiting, on multiple sites no less. Why would you need to do so if your league was the greatest of the greatest? Because like every other league - life happens - owners become inactive for one reason or another you're just better at selling than other leagues and more willing to brag about how your league is the best. Kudos on that. If any other league did the same thing and poached what they felt were the most active owners from other leagues then they've be the same as you. Not that there is anything inherently wrong in that you're just doing your best to survive - and all I am doing is pointing out the obvious.

I do agree that, especially in todays society, where peoples attention is easily captured by the next shiny thing, that yeah people end up watering down a product (ie league) more than they should. Either way keep up the good work and I have no doubt your league will continue to survive. :)

Agent575
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Agent575 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 pm
Agent575 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

The reality is that you have to come back year after year recruiting, on multiple sites no less. Why would you need to do so if your league was the greatest of the greatest? Because like every other league - life happens - owners become inactive for one reason or another you're just better at selling than other leagues and more willing to brag about how your league is the best. Kudos on that. If any other league did the same thing and poached what they felt were the most active owners from other leagues then they've be the same as you. Not that there is anything inherently wrong in that you're just doing your best to survive - and all I am doing is pointing out the obvious.

I do agree that, especially in todays society, where peoples attention is easily captured by the next shiny thing, that yeah people end up watering down a product (ie league) more than they should. Either way keep up the good work and I have no doubt your league will continue to survive. :)
You keep saying "poached" as if we're taking them from someone. Most people play in multiple leagues and every league looks for new owners on a regular basis. It just so happens that many of our owners trim their number of leagues once they find this place.

As for turnover, life does happen and since our requirements are high it will lead to turnover but it has slowed down as we have found the best fits for the league.

Roster Wars
Roster Wars forums

nyterp
Starter
Starter

Postby nyterp » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 am

Not that my say probably has much pull, but I also am a member of RW and enjoy it a ton. Didn't get poached from any of my leagues either, I just added RW and still remain active in all my other leagues.

We added 24 new teams last year so of course there needed to be some recruiting and of course some of them didn't work out for whatever reason. All I would say is check it out, if it calls to you like it did me, its a great time, if not, no hard feelings, find something that does work for you.
rosterwars.forumotion.com - IDP/Contract league discussion board. Come check us out!

IDP/Contract - Charm City Justice

Superflex - Chernobyl Toxins

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:17 am

I'm not the one billing the league as it will "ruin your other leagues" or saying that all the other leagues are dusty and unworthy or you dont care if they wither on the vine and die - so I am just calling a spade a spade rather than trying to dress it up and call it a diamond. Obviously your setup works - but that doesnt make it any less than what I said it is just because you're fine with sticking your head in the sand. :)