NEW 10 Team Dynasty,1/2PPR,IDP,D-Team $25 2 Teams left

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
OhioGolfNut
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

NEW 10 Team Dynasty,1/2PPR,IDP,D-Team $25 2 Teams left

Postby OhioGolfNut » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:55 pm

Gridiron Junkies II
Hosted on MFL
http://www73.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/40875#0

Commish email: tim.tolle @ Hotmail .com

2 Div
10 Teams
35 Roster
$25 Fee
$100/$50/$20 Payout

Total Starters: 15
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 1-3
Number of Starting WRs: 2-4
Number of Starting TEs: 1-2
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting DT+DEs: 1-2
Number of Starting LBs: 2-4
Number of Starting CB+Ss: 1-3
Number of Starting Defs: 1
Total Starting Individual Defensive Players: 6

This is just a straightforward dynasty league with no taxi squad. The initial draft will be a 35 round veteran-only draft, followed immediately by a 5 round rookie draft. There will be a 5 round rookie/FA draft each year. Preseason roster limits are 45 & regular season 35. I've tried other setups, but this one has been by far the best. The smaller regular season roster has proven to be much better because it brings the waiver wire into play for at least the 1st half of the season. With only 10 teams, It also makes the league more competitive, rather than loading up rosters with 40-50 guys and making waivers & trading non-issues.

I commish 5 leagues, 2 with 8 teams, and 3 with 10. I tries larger ones, but they were too impersonal. With fewer teams & smaller rosters, my leagues are more close-knit & much more fun. I am a very laid back commish & basically do the grunt work. Any changes to the league are voted on & the only perk I get for being commish is the tie-breaker vote.

We use MyFantasyLeague for the platform. It cost $80, but is by far the best platform for fantasy football. It can be setup just about any you want with many more options than the others. We use LeagueSafe for the fees, and I will send out notices when the league is full. I have enough guys considering it right now to fill the league, so the draft should be early August. It is a slow draft on the MFL site. We span 8 time zones with guys in California, and 2 in London, UK, so I allow 12 hours per pick (not to be abused) and the draft usually takes 10-14 days with quite a bit of trading & smack.

There are 2 division. Each has its own playoff with all 5 teams. The winners of each division play in the Championship game and the two 2nd place teams play for 3rd.

I am 62 & have been commishing since 2011. I have 6 guys who have been with me from the beginning. Many are in several leagues, and a couple guys are in all of my leagues, including a couple I tried that didn't work out because they were either too small (6 teams) or too big (12 teams). We tried one with 5 USA teams & 5 Euro leagues,but we had a hard time getting Euro guys.

Hope you decide to join. I guarantee it will be fun. To me that's the most important thing, which is another reason I don't do league with more than 10 teams.

Thanks!