Let's make our own league

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
lunchbox12
Starter
Starter

Let's make our own league

Postby lunchbox12 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:47 pm

I see posts on here all the time of people looking for a league to join. Way more people looking than people starting. I've made this proposition before and it's worked great: why don't all the people who want to join a league start one? I've found it to be extremely easy to find owners for a start up than it is to find a start up.

If we have enough people (I already have 7) we can form our own league from the forum if misfits.

Here's the kicker, I suck at being a commissioner, I don't have a ton of free time to deal with things as quickly as necessary. I'll be the first to admit it and I hate mfl and leaguesafe. I can see why they're necessary evils for dynasty and I agree they do the job well.

I can set up a league and get it off and running, but if that's the case I would want the "commissioner" role to be filled by the league not just 1 person. I would ask that the leaguemates as a whole help with the commish duties. If all 12 owners help out with a little bit, makes things super easy.

So anyone who is "looking for a league" I have one for you. But want help commissioning it.

Superflex .5 ppr .1 ppc 25 roster spots 4 taxi (rookie only)
Qb rb rb wr wr wr te flex sflex
^^^ all that is negotiable to what the league wants for settings. Let's get a good group and make the league what we want

I don't have bylaws or the league set up yet. I'm waiting to fill the league first

If this interests you, and you don't mind helping (maybe setting up leaguesafe) send me an email

Nathan.wright05@gmail.com
12 team no ppr Dynaasty-- year 2-- 1 QB-2RB-2WR-1FLEX (RB/WR)-1TE

QB- Drew Brees/ Derek Carr
RB- DJ/Jordan Howard/Mccafrey/J Stewart/Perine/Lacy/Dixon
WR- Hopkins/Jordy/ Marvin Jones/ Moncrief/Fitzgerald/Alshon Jeffrey
TE- Delanie Walker/Cameron beats

10 team 2QB 25 roster 4 taxi ppr. Start 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2F
QB-Cousins/tyrod/Dalton/Brett Hundley/Trevor semien
RB- Bell/Cmc/Gio/J Charles/ W gallman/ Mike Davis/ Gore/Lacy/Elijah McGuire/Montgomery/Lat Murray/J stew/Dwash
WR- Allen/Kupp/Galloday/Parker/Meredith/Shepard/seth Roberts/Trevor Davis/John Brown/Travis Benjamin.
TE-Evan Engram/J Reed/jonnu Smith/J Thomas/G everett
2018 1.01 1.04 1.05.... 4 3rds

Krytellan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Let's make our own league

Postby Krytellan » Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 am

I find it to be very opposite. There are more leagues than there are people to join them.

charleschillffb
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby charleschillffb » Tue May 16, 2017 9:21 am

Depends on timing. Right now, there are a lot of leagues looking to fill orphan teams or do dispersal drafts and get ready for the season. If you're looking for a start-up, those will roll in even more so shortly.

I'd be all for another league, but would prefer a much more liberal lineup system that allows for superflex and at least 3 flex spots. Even more flex spots if the requirements for RB and WR are lessened.

Superflex, TE premium, anything between .1 and .25 PPC really seems to balance out value for all of the positions, and with more liberal rosters, allows teams to construct rosters based on player evaluation, talent and value and not so much just the players that fit a beneficial scoring system.

Ideally...

12 teams
$35-40 buy-in per season (1st, 2nd, 3rd and regular season winner/most points also paid)
26-30 man rosters
4-8 man taxi squads
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WRT, WRT, WRT, WRT, WRT, QWRT (no defense or kicker) - 12 starters
1.5 PPR for TE
.25 PPC for RB
4 PPTD for QB
Yardage bonuses

Any more nuances are welcome, but this seems like a solid start.

kn1v3s0ut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kn1v3s0ut » Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 pm

I'd be interested if it was IDP.
V O L S

todd1989
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby todd1989 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 am

I'd be interested if it were free...

weeknee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby weeknee » Wed May 17, 2017 12:47 pm

lunchbox12 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 12:47 pm I see posts on here all the time of people looking for a league to join. Way more people looking than people starting. I've made this proposition before and it's worked great: why don't all the people who want to join a league start one? I've found it to be extremely easy to find owners for a start up than it is to find a start up.

If we have enough people (I already have 7) we can form our own league from the forum if misfits.

Here's the kicker, I suck at being a commissioner, I don't have a ton of free time to deal with things as quickly as necessary. I'll be the first to admit it and I hate mfl and leaguesafe. I can see why they're necessary evils for dynasty and I agree they do the job well.

I can set up a league and get it off and running, but if that's the case I would want the "commissioner" role to be filled by the league not just 1 person. I would ask that the leaguemates as a whole help with the commish duties. If all 12 owners help out with a little bit, makes things super easy.

So anyone who is "looking for a league" I have one for you. But want help commissioning it.

Superflex .5 ppr .1 ppc 25 roster spots 4 taxi (rookie only)
Qb rb rb wr wr wr te flex sflex
^^^ all that is negotiable to what the league wants for settings. Let's get a good group and make the league what we want

I don't have bylaws or the league set up yet. I'm waiting to fill the league first

If this interests you, and you don't mind helping (maybe setting up leaguesafe) send me an email

Nathan.wright05@gmail.com
Anything come about this?
Team 1
12 Team Standard 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, Defense, Kicker
QB-Carr, Manning
RB- Crowell, D Herny, Hyde, Gordon, Duke Johnson,Ware , Drake, John Williams, Joe Williams, Aaron Jones, D Washington
WR-AJ Green, Watkins, Hopkins, Cooper, Hill, AR15, Parker, K White, M. Thomas(NO), Perriman, Godwin
TE-Henry, Njoku
Def-
K-

Team 2
12 Team Standard 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, Defense, Kicker
QB- Cousins,
RB-Crowell,Perkins, Abdullah, McKinnion, Sims, Kenyan Drake, Terrance West, Jonathan Williams, Lynch, Hunt, J Williams
WR-Evans, Hopkins, ARob, Jordan Matthews, Doctson, Perriman, Stills, , Dorsett, Samuel, Darboh
TE-Henry
Def-Bucs
K-Gano

Team 3
12 Team .5PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex,
QB-Roethlisberger, Wentz
RB- Gordon, Hyde, Crowell, Drake, Matt Jones, Sims, Gallman
WR-Evans, KB, Tyreek, Martavis Bryant,Ginn, Stills, CPatt, Aiken, Dorsett, Hunter, JU JU, J Ross, Darboh
TE-Rudolph, McDonald

OParker236
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby OParker236 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Still have openings?

Minnesota
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Minnesota » Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 am

I'm interested.

gilbertfl6
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gilbertfl6 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:13 pm

I am interested if it is free other than MFL fees.

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Sun May 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Also interested if it's IDP.