Free DYNASTY league forming . . .

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
bomandle
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Free DYNASTY league forming . . .

Postby bomandle » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:51 am

Guys

I have not posted on here much, but I know about this site as I check it often and know it is stocked with knowledgeable dynasty minds and committed competitors. I am starting a dynasty league, and I’ll list the particulars, trying to keep them in order of importance.
• Free
• Draft Type: Auction
• Draft time: Monday, Aug 9, 7:00 PM Pacific (10:00 pm Eastern)
• Non-IDP
• 12 teams
• Starting roster = normal (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, TE, K, D)
• Roster size = 25 (16 bench spots), and after the draft, I will add 2 IR slots.
• Fairly standard scoring settings. I will have a few items that are slightly different. Some examples are ½ pt per reception, 5 pt passing TDs (instead of 6 or 4), minus 1.5 pts per int (instead of 1 or 2), and a couple other very minor changes – I assure you, nothing weird.
• Not first come, first served, but I’m not doing FBI background checks either, if you know what I mean. Just send a few particulars about yourself, and that will more than likely do it. I would prefer you to be over 25 years of age, but if you can convince me (if younger) I’ll listen.
• PLEASE, make sure you can be at the draft before signing up. It’s soon – Monday night, August 9th, at 7:00 PM Pacific (10:00 Eastern). I know that may be a little late for you east-coasters. . . I’m Central, and 9:00 is the right time for me. I also realize it’s in a couple of days, but hey, you’re either available then or not, right? I’m optimistic we can get 12 quality GMs in time.
• Host site: ESPN. Yes, I know ESPN has some negatives. I’ve done leagues on yahoo, fox, flea-flicker, NFL, CBS and others, and I feel that ESPN is the best of the free sites.
I feel like on this site, I don’t have to say “please don’t sign up unless you are committed for years to come,” since that is one of the mantras of this site in general.
It’s conceivable that I will get more than 12 quality GMs with this solicitation. I will form a ‘waiting list’ and if anyone wants to pony up and LM the ‘next 12’ I could send that list over to that volunteer.
In fairness of disclosure – a little about myself: I am 46 yrs old, tennis teacher by profession, live in Nashville, been doing ff since ’05, don’t trash talk much but don’t mind if the league does (in good taste) . . . . total ff addict.
I have been an LM for a local league for 3 years – never had one complaint about my lack of fairness, lack of commitment, lack of time put in, etc.
If this league sounds like you, send me an email: bomandle@aol.com

bomandle
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Free DYNASTY league forming . . .

Postby bomandle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Just need 2 more guys. Anyone up for a new dynasty league?

bomandle
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Free DYNASTY league forming . . .

Postby bomandle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:00 pm

down to needing just one . . .

let me know if you want the last slot - bomandle@aol.com