New DLF League (FILLED)

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: New DLF League

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:43 pm

hammertoes wrote:I would love to join this league if there is a spot open. I'm a very active owner and while I don't post a ton, I am on the boards every day. Let me know if you can squeeze me in or if you decide to make it 14/16 teams. I'd also be willing to play commish if no one else was really keen on it.

I see bcoogan is still trying to play moderator. I had a run in with him a few weeks ago and apparently he still doesn't get it.
There is a decent chance there will be a spot open for you. Also do you have commish experience on MFL?

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:53 pm

iCantStop wrote:Alright.. If you guys want to keep abusing each other, please pull out of this thread and reach out to one another. Exchange #s or find each other on Tinder or something.

As for the league, I sent Poker and Madad an IM with a rough-draft of the rules that I pulled from one of the threads on this site (I think Telperion posted it?). I'll hammer the details out tonight after work.

As for commissioner, I'll help wherever needed. If someone WANTS to take the reigns and go with it, then I'll gladly pass the torch, too. I think co-commissioning (Is that a word?) is a good idea for now. We can get this thing set up as a group and come back to the league members and verify commitment then.

Some important things that still need to be decided:

League start-up draft - Is ~2 weeks after free agency starts OK with everyone? I would assume most volatile situations will have been settled by then (obviously the NFL draft notwithstanding).

Rookie draft PICKS - how will we include these in the startup draft? I like the idea of drafting a slot, but there is also a flaw that was pointed out (I was planning on exploiting that, haha).

Rookie draft - Do you guys prefer later or earlier in the offseason?

Leaguesafe? Or send checks via the mail? If the entry is $40, I don't mind sending that to someone's personal address.
The bylaws you sent me look great as far as thoroughness and formatting, like you said just need to edit it (pretty heavily).

We can decide when the startup will be after the league is formed and everyone has joined, same with when the rookie draft will take place. As far as how rookies are included, I like the slot idea but would do whatever our commish decides. Honestly would rather wait until after the NFL draft so rookies are just included but I understand that is probably too far away for most.

And I say leaguesafe just because it's convenient, and safe. My vote is $50.

But what I think needs to happen is to concentrate on a commish drafted bylaws without any input until after the league is formed. Then we can vote on some things and suggest rule changes, etc.

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 pm

pokerface40 wrote:
hammertoes wrote:I would love to join this league if there is a spot open. I'm a very active owner and while I don't post a ton, I am on the boards every day. Let me know if you can squeeze me in or if you decide to make it 14/16 teams. I'd also be willing to play commish if no one else was really keen on it.

I see bcoogan is still trying to play moderator. I had a run in with him a few weeks ago and apparently he still doesn't get it.
There is a decent chance there will be a spot open for you. Also do you have commish experience on MFL?
Great, hope I can join you gents. I have in fact commished my home league on MFL.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:03 pm

thebeast wrote:I have no problem with this post being in the discussion forum - this is exactly how the HOF and the DLF leagues were formed, and I think it should be moved back to the Discussion Forum. I think this is the best forum to achieve the goal of having active DLF forum users join a DLF forum only league. I don't think we want numerous posts like this in this forum every year, but Jules posted his pointless league in this forum I believe and no one had a problem with it. Playing in a league with all DLFers is a lot of fun and setting up these types of community leagues should be encouraged. Good luck with the league.
All good points, and the Pointless League is a totally fair comparison. I opened that thread with something like, "If anyone complains about this being in the discussion thread, I'll move it to help wanted." Maybe that wasn't enough because people don't feel comfortable speaking up when a moderator posts something like that. I don't know.

Anyhow, it seems like the league filled or will fill shortly in this forum. If it gets off the ground, I hope poker (or anyone else) will start a league thread in the discussion forum.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:23 pm

dlf_jules wrote:
thebeast wrote:I have no problem with this post being in the discussion forum - this is exactly how the HOF and the DLF leagues were formed, and I think it should be moved back to the Discussion Forum. I think this is the best forum to achieve the goal of having active DLF forum users join a DLF forum only league. I don't think we want numerous posts like this in this forum every year, but Jules posted his pointless league in this forum I believe and no one had a problem with it. Playing in a league with all DLFers is a lot of fun and setting up these types of community leagues should be encouraged. Good luck with the league.
All good points, and the Pointless League is a totally fair comparison. I opened that thread with something like, "If anyone complains about this being in the discussion thread, I'll move it to help wanted." Maybe that wasn't enough because people don't feel comfortable speaking up when a moderator posts something like that. I don't know.

Anyhow, it seems like the league filled or will fill shortly in this forum. If it gets off the ground, I hope poker (or anyone else) will start a league thread in the discussion forum.
Thanks Jules we will definitely be posting some threads regarding our league. Could you do us a huge favor and remove all the flame war posts on this thread to clean it up for easier browsing (mine included)?

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:16 pm

hammertoes wrote:
Great, hope I can join you gents. I have in fact commished my home league on MFL.
I say you're in, along with KeepCalmandDynasty. I told ICan'tStop to email you the bylaws rough draft. Between you, him, and Madadamus I think somebody should take the reigns and become sole commish. I will leave that up to you guys...

A couple things we can decide as a group: What is the name of the league? Something with DLF in the title. Maybe DLFS (Dynasty League Football Superflex) or DLF Veteran's League? I'm not in love with either of those suggestions but wanted to get the ball rolling.

Also I think we should use our DLF handles as our team name so it is clear who is who to us and to those that follow along on DLF.

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:35 pm

pokerface40 wrote:
hammertoes wrote:
I say you're in, along with KeepCalmandDynasty. I told ICan'tStop to email you the bylaws rough draft. Between you, him, and Madadamus I think somebody should take the reigns and become sole commish. I will leave that up to you guys...

A couple things we can decide as a group: What is the name of the league? Something with DLF in the title. Maybe DLFS (Dynasty League Football Superflex) or DLF Veteran's League? I'm not in love with either of those suggestions but wanted to get the ball rolling.

Also I think we should use our DLF handles as our team name so it is clear who is who to us and to those that follow along on DLF.
Sounds good. While not sexy, I personally like the name "DLF Veteran League" - as that's pretty much exactly what it is.

I'll update the bylaws tonight and post them in here for everyone to see - they may not be perfect, as I don't plan on spending all evening on them, but I'll get the major details down. Eventually we'll take this off-line and I'll start up a google drive folder that will be private to the league where we can track phone #s or email addresses, league dues, etc.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:54 pm

^^^^^^

MFL will have a place that lists contact info, leaguesafe tracks league dues. As far as DLF Veteran League I think it discounts the fact that we also have pro bowl and hall of fame status members interested. That's why I was thinking something more general like the DLFS, since it will be an all DLF member superflex for people to follow along with and comment on

teprovich88
Captain
Captain

Postby teprovich88 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Hey guys,

I just wanted to offer my set of bylaws that are currently being used for the 2 DLF leagues that we set up last year that I act as commissioner in. If you guys are just getting this off the ground, it might serve as a good basis to expand upon what we created last year.

The goals of last year's league(s) was to provide a source for the forum community to see how some of the regulars on here operate and manage their teams. There was discussion to expanding to different varieties of leagues (IDP, SuperFlex, TE prem, ect) once we saw how these two leagues worked out.

Feel free to have whoever is going to commish or set this up contact me via the commissionerDLFPL@gmail.com

Good Luck!

PS: we are also looking for a Premium Member to take over a team in the DLF Premium League (http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0005) if anyone is interested.
Pittsburgh Predators: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021 Champion
NDFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/14733#0

Pittsburgh Tyrants: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 Champion
ADFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/12028#0

DLF HoF: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/23015#0

DLF Premium: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/15795#0

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:49 pm

^^^ Thanks a lot for reaching out we will keep you in mind if we need some help.

As to everyone who has reached out with interest... hold tight as a few of us have started drafting bylaws. Once we get that done one of us will setup up the league and be sole commish, at which point will send out invites.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:52 pm

pokerface40 wrote:^^^ Thanks a lot for reaching out we will keep you in mind if we need some help.

As to everyone who has reached out with interest... hold tight as a few of us have started drafting bylaws. Once we get that done one of us will setup up the league and be sole commish, at which point will send out invites.
Sounds good. Thanks for doing this.

Lenny16
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lenny16 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:08 pm

teprovich88 wrote:

PS: we are also looking for a Premium Member to take over a team in the DLF Premium League (http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0005) if anyone is interested.
Email sent

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:57 am

So did I end up getting left out of this league? Cmon guys, don't do me dirty. LOL
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:19 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:So did I end up getting left out of this league? Cmon guys, don't do me dirty. LOL
No you are still on the list for IN the league. They are sorting out the bylaws and whatnot and will be contacting everyone shortly. Stay tuned!

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:23 am

pokerface40 wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:So did I end up getting left out of this league? Cmon guys, don't do me dirty. LOL
No you are still on the list for IN the league. They are sorting out the bylaws and whatnot and will be contacting everyone shortly. Stay tuned!
Stay tuned folks! This league is HAPPENING. Might be a few days or a week to hammer out details and set it up. Watch your PMs.