League Full

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: New $100 Dynasty Startup, 1 Spot Left, Drafting when Full

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:08 pm

CalgaryStamps wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:00 pm Yes I know. I did not mean to imply this. I just mean that a fee is charged to run the league. And rightfully so, a lot of time an energy goes into this. That was my point.
I've been commissioning dynasty leagues for over two decades. I go way above and beyond what 99% of most commissioners do. I spend hours if not days giving my owners free custom graphics for their teams and our leagues. Something that hundreds of other commissioners pay me to do for them on a daily basis. I can't imagine ever taking a cut or not paying the same league dues as my owners. Commissioning a League shouldn't entitle the commissioner to any extra benefits if he or she is playing in it. Every team should be on the same footing playing with the same stakes.

CalgaryStamps
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CalgaryStamps » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:24 pm

To each their own. I am not going to argue with what you believe in. Do you think MFL run MFL10s for free? The thought that what I am doing is so much different than what anyone else who changes a fee in any form to play in a league, shocks me a bit.

I am glad you are all the voice of what is right and wrong, but I’m not scamming people or hiding anything. In run very good league, and people value that. I am sorry it is not for you, and I am not forcing you to play in my leagues.

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:00 am

Jwalker431 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 pm Please tell me how your league is ran so much better then a standard Commish? That you charge a $100 fee? I’m not hiding from no one either or making any fake names. My twitter is Beamyjellyfish
And I make Legit leagues that I Commish and pay to play like a Real Commish.

http://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/14474#0

http://www62.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/33104#0

Troll that losers
Oh you mean that Twitter handle that has 4 tweets in total, all retweets of FIFA trying to get free stuff? The one that is following 4 people and has 1 follower? The one that hasn’t been active since 2014?

At least the others on here who disagree with the Commish not paying league dues have the stones to voice their opinion without hiding behind stale accounts.

Emmittfan
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Emmittfan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:16 am

Bisquiteen Trisket wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:00 am
Jwalker431 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 pm Please tell me how your league is ran so much better then a standard Commish? That you charge a $100 fee? I’m not hiding from no one either or making any fake names. My twitter is Beamyjellyfish
And I make Legit leagues that I Commish and pay to play like a Real Commish.

http://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/14474#0

http://www62.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/33104#0

Troll that losers
Oh you mean that Twitter handle that has 4 tweets in total, all retweets of FIFA trying to get free stuff? The one that is following 4 people and has 1 follower? The one that hasn’t been active since 2014?

At least the others on here who disagree with the Commish not paying league dues have the stones to voice their opinion without hiding behind stale accounts.
This is funny. Defending yourself by calling someone out based on number of tweets and DLF posts. Maybe he should have mentioned that you only have 2 leagues on MFL, both of which you copied the bylaws and set up from the other guy doing the same disclaimer. Not a class act on your part, commish. Maybe future prospective owners will see your true nature and move on to the next start up league.

Emmittfan
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Emmittfan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:39 am

CalgaryStamps wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:24 pm To each their own. I am not going to argue with what you believe in. Do you think MFL run MFL10s for free? The thought that what I am doing is so much different than what anyone else who changes a fee in any form to play in a league, shocks me a bit.

I am glad you are all the voice of what is right and wrong, but I’m not scamming people or hiding anything. In run very good league, and people value that. I am sorry it is not for you, and I am not forcing you to play in my leagues.
Most people see a difference between taking a "fee" to run a league, such as DLF and MFL do (as other do) compared to not paying league dues. Most of those "fees" are in the 8% range or less, depending on the size of the buy in. And typically it is after the fact, at end of season when most of the fees are paid, not up front. Plus those sites (DLF, MFL, etc..) have a person on staff running the leagues, not someone that has a full time job elsewhere. And DLF has a highly recognizable person running the leagues. I don't know who you are, but I doubt you have the same name recognition as Scott Fish. Back to what is different, is those sites are up front about taking a small cut of the pot, and have no chance at winning the remaining pot. You have decided not to pay dues, I'd assume future dues, which would allow you to trade future picks and clearly get an advantage above the other owners that do pay for future trades. Two huge advantages you automatically receive by doing what you are doing.
put endless hours into running great leagues
If this is true, how in the world have you started 14 leagues already this year? Clearly it doesn't take as much time as you say it does, otherwise you would not be able to start so many new leagues in such a short amount of time this year. And if you are referring to in season "commish work", the same theory applies. If it takes so much in season work, how will all these leagues be serviced.

Now, I don't know you from any other commish on this board. You may do a great job running the leagues that you do. And yes, you don't "hide anything" with what you are doing. I do think, from my experience, many owners miss a lot of info posted, both on posts here on DLF and in bylaws. People skim posts to see what they want to see. Shame on them, yes. My personal opinion is that I find what you are doing repulsive and irresponsible for the fantasy community perspective. If you feel you are such a great commissioner, put yourself on the same playing field as your owners, by not giving yourself an inherent advantage over them. If you feel you "deserve" some sort of "fee", take it at the end of the year as most trustworthy commissioners do that take a fee.

Note that I run several leagues and do not (and will not) take a fee. And yes, many of my owners will tell you what a great job I do, just as you say your owners say about you.

CalgaryStamps
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CalgaryStamps » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:57 am

Thanks for the feedback. I am not going to sit on here and argue. I run leagues that many people are extremely happy with, and commonly join more. Again, to each their own, and I’m sorry my leagues are not for you.