Death or Glory Startup Dynasty ($150) 1 spot left

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
TLK
Rookie
Rookie

Death or Glory Startup Dynasty ($150) 1 spot left

Postby TLK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:01 pm

League Site: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/46700#0

The Basics:

League Fee: $150 via LeagueSafe + $25 deposit +$5 one-time graphic fee which includes team banner.

Prize Structure: 100% payout (minus MFL Fee) $1050 to the winner. See full structure below

League Format: 14 teams. 1 division with every team playing each other once plus a double-header against the league average 26 games total for the year

Initial dispersal: Full e-mail (slow) auction with $1000 budget for 40 players. Initial auction will include rookies. Aiming for a May 21st auction start date.

Starting Lineup: 22 total...1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 O Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 O SuperFlex, 2 DE, 2 DT, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2S, 1 D Flex

Roster: 40 roster spots, unlimited IR spots for any player on your roster that goes on the IR, Taxi Squad for drafted rookies

Trading: Yes and encouraged

Waiver System: Blind Bidding with waivers ran Thursday Morning and then first come, first serve after that.

Other League Notes:

Dynasty Jackpot: $50 is held in LeagueSafe every year. The first franchise to win two championships in the three years, becoming a true dynasty, is awarded the dynasty jackpot.

Playoffs: With games against the league average and head-to-head play figured in, the top 6 records move on to the playoffs. 2 byes with the four wildcards all playing each other in Week 14. Top two scores move on. The #1 seed gets the opportunity to select his opponent for Week 15.

Rookie Draft: Starting the Monday after the NFL draft, we will have a six-round rookie draft via a slow draft. These rookies are immediately placed on their team’s taxi squad and don’t count towards the roster limit. The player can stay on the taxi squad until activated to the main roster or for two full seasons. If activated, a rookie cannot be placed back on the taxi squad.

"Plan B" Free Agency: Every June, each franchise can protect 32 players. This does not include newly drafted rookies on the taxi squad. The remaining unprotected players can either be cut or placed in the free agency auction with a $5 starting bid to your team. If you win the player, the money comes from your FABB$. If someone else wins the auction, you receive how much ever they paid from their FABB$.

Toilet Bowl: 8 teams not qualifying for the championship playoffs, enter a toilet bowl battle royal. Cumulative score from weeks 14-16, where the winner receives a bonus supplemental pick at the end of the first round in next years rookie draft.

Payouts:

1st- $1050 (50%)
2nd- $420 (20%)
3rd- $210 (10%)
4th- $150 (7+%)
#1 Seed overall into playoffs- $75
Overall Point Winner after Week 16- $75
Dynasty Jackpot- $50
MFL Fees- $70
Last edited by TLK on Sat May 05, 2018 8:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

stichtera
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Startup Dynasty (full auction, superflex, IDP

Postby stichtera » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 pm

I am interested in joining your auction league. This would be my first auction draft as well as IDP but I have been wanting to get into it for awhile. If you have room still my email is stichtera12@gmail.com. Thanks, Andrew.

TLK
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Startup Dynasty (full auction, superflex, IDP

Postby TLK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:23 pm

stichtera wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 pm I am interested in joining your auction league. This would be my first auction draft as well as IDP but I have been wanting to get into it for awhile. If you have room still my email is stichtera12@gmail.com. Thanks, Andrew.
PM sent. Lots of room. Just started getting this one together.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Startup Dynasty (full auction, superflex, IDP)

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:36 am

Intriguing, but why only 40 roster spots when you’re starting 22 people, including IDP position requirements (ie. DE, DT, LB, S, CB) which make it even tighter? That will be pretty shallow benches.

TLK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TLK » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:30 pm

The plan as of now, is to have the site updated fully by Wednesday and have the league filled shortly after that. Anything that isn't a cornerstone idea of the league (Superflex, IDP, Auction etc.) is up for discussion. You actually end up with more than 40 with the taxi squad, but I'd be open to more.

Padres19
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Padres19 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:15 pm

I may be interested. I'd consider separating the defensive positions and make your pts per tackle and assist higher, otherwise you offense is going got be considerably more important than your Def... Maybe that's how you want it? I run a few leagues and have spent a fair share of time tinkerin with my scoring over the years.

TLK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TLK » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Padres19 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:15 pm I may be interested. I'd consider separating the defensive positions and make your pts per tackle and assist higher, otherwise you offense is going got be considerably more important than your Def... Maybe that's how you want it? I run a few leagues and have spent a fair share of time tinkerin with my scoring over the years.
I've played in leagues that had the weighted points per position and ultimately didn't care for when a DT was getting 3 points a tackle. I'm hoping that starting 2 DT's, 2 Cb's and 2 more defensive players than offense, will balance it out a bit. I don't feel that every position needs to be equal. Having said that, position scarcity will help the lacking positions like DT and CB. Overall, there is a good showing of LB (12), S (3) and even DE (3) and CB (2) in the Top 100 overall going off of last years stats.

TLK
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Death or Glory Startup Dynasty ($150) 3 spots left

Postby TLK » Thu May 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Snottbubbles
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Death or Glory Startup Dynasty ($150) 3 spots left

Postby Snottbubbles » Thu May 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Hey I want in. Email is mikebrown_601@yahoo

TLK
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Death or Glory Startup Dynasty ($150) 1 spot left

Postby TLK » Tue May 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Had an owner drop. Have one spot left. Auction starts on 5/20.

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/46700#0