Main site formatting problem

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Main site formatting problem

Postby Pix » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:39 pm

This week I have lost all images and advanced formatting on the main site. I just get basic HTML formatting. It's like the image files and the style sheet files aren't loading. In fact, if I try to view an image file or a CSS file I get a 'Forbidden' message. (Normally you can view a web page's CSS files.)

This is happening on my laptop, tablet and phone, across 3 different operating systems and 7 browsers. I can't think of anything that they all have in common. Some I'm not logged in on, one doesn't have cookies active, one doesn't come through my router, most don't have Adblock loaded, etc. I don't have this problem with the forum or with any other site.

So, has anyone had a similar experience, and what did you do? Or does anyone have any ideas how to diagnose or solve this?

Thank you.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: Main site formatting problem

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:23 am

Hi Pix, I have tried reproducing this on several devices at several locations. I cannot get this to happen. Nothing has recently changed with the site which might cause this. If anyone else is experiencing this please posy here as I would like to help resolve this, and would need more info to identify the issue. Pix, I will DM you. Thanks, KM

spuGGy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby spuGGy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:25 am

Hey,

please find attached a screenshot of the problem I got. I suppose it's the same problem.
I have this problem on my private laptop as well as at work

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:26 pm

So far the common thread I am seeing on this issue is that it appears to be happening only to some of our readers in Europe. Is this the case in your situation as well? Would you mind telling me either here or via DM where you are located and what ISP you are using for internet access? I have had a couple people affected by this tell me that if they go use a public wifi the site appears as it normally does. Hope that helps, thanks. KM

spuGGy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby spuGGy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:46 am

I'm located in Berlin, Germany and am using 1&1 at home. I think Telekom at work.
Browser: Chrome both at work and home (but tried on IE and Firefox as well, and both have the same problem)
System: Windows 8 at home and Windows 7 at work

phdwannab2003
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby phdwannab2003 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm having the same problem as described in the previous posts on my Samsung tablet and computer. I'm located in Ljubljana, Slovenia. I am also using Chrome and Windows 7. This just started happening recently.

phdwannab2003
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby phdwannab2003 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:22 pm

..... and right after posting my message I clicked on DLF home and the problem went away. Amazing. Wish all my problems, computer and otherwise, were resolved so easily and quickly lol.

spuGGy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby spuGGy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:51 am

Not finding a solution for me.
Tried everything possible already :(

spuGGy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby spuGGy » Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am

Using a proxy and everything is fine.
Pretty sure it has something to do with the IP

Wuppervalley
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wuppervalley » Sun May 03, 2015 3:51 am

Same for me here. Logging in from Germany.

Edit: If I use a proxy from US, everything is back to normal. Still the problem ought to be fixed...
TEAM - 13 team - ppr - full IDP, 2 TE
QB: Ryan, Dalton
WR: J.Jones, Beckham, Hopkins, Cooks, Watkins, A.Robinson, D.Moncrief, D. Adams, Coleman, K. White, Perriman, Dobson, A.Wilson, Waller
RB: Hyde, Michael, Woodhead,Mason, Matt Jones, Zenner, Varga, Watson, McKinnon
TE: Eifert, Green, Amaro, Carrier, Maxx Williams
K: Catanzaro, McManus
P: Allen, Quigley
LB: Bowman, Coples, Hitchens, Ingram, Kerrigan, Trevathan, S.Thompson, Kennard, Z.Brown, G.Hodges
DE: Campbell, Clayborn, Daniels, Ferguson, Hicks, J. Smith
DT: Bromley, Logan, M. Brown
S: Ishmael, Lewis, McDonald, Searcy, Tartt
CB: Amukamara, Cox, Culliver, Trufant

Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Pix » Mon May 04, 2015 12:35 pm

The problem seems to have been solved here in Spain. :dance:

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue May 05, 2015 12:21 pm

The main website underwent an upgrade/migration to a new server yesterday. Not planned. Our website host did this proactively. On our busiest day of the year. Yes. In doing so it broke a few things which accounted for the downtime on the site yesterday, but the move also seems to have fixed the issue with some foreign IP address ranges not being served properly. So please let me know if this issue manifests itself again, but at this point it does appear to be corrected. Thanks for your patience on this!

KM