New Forum Avatars

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Re: New Forum Avatars

Postby palevermilion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Hey MARKinMI, I have 1 recommendation for these avatars. Don't use a bevel. It's a dated effect and on images of such small size I think hurts the rest of your image (which is incredibly well done!). Other than that, love them!

Ken, as for having high quality NFL team logos, are you looking for Avatar size? I could make them all up for the NFL. Do transparent PNG files work?

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Nevermind on the transparent PNG file. Tested it out and turns out they do work. I'll create them all with transparent backgrounds.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Ah, hey Jags, thanks, just saw your message here. Yes, transparent png is good, up to date versions of the logos, and the 125 size suggested. Just shoot me a PM when they are done and I'll get them uploaded. Thanks a ton, really appreciate it!

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:05 pm

JaguarMN wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:41 pm Hey MARKinMI, I have 1 recommendation for these avatars. Don't use a bevel. It's a dated effect and on images of such small size I think hurts the rest of your image (which is incredibly well done!). Other than that, love them!

Ken, as for having high quality NFL team logos, are you looking for Avatar size? I could make them all up for the NFL. Do transparent PNG files work?
I appreciate the input but I'll disagree on the "dated" comment. Beveled images might be the most frequent request i get when ppl dont want a border when making MFL graphics. It gives the image some depth. I used a very limited bevel after looking at it with and with out felt it looked better. It has absolutely no effect on the inside of the image as its 100% transparent except for 5px around the edges.
Last edited by MARKinMI on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:52 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:20 pm Ah, hey Jags, thanks, just saw your message here. Yes, transparent png is good, up to date versions of the logos, and the 125 size suggested. Just shoot me a PM when they are done and I'll get them uploaded. Thanks a ton, really appreciate it!
Ken - PM has been sent. (also just updated my username here in case you're confused).

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:17 pm

Posted, under NFL Team Logos. Thank you very much, they look terrific!

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:13 am

Great idea MARKinMI, they look pretty sweet. I've noticed that in all of your (probably close to 100) avatars you've made, there's one franchise that is conspicuously unrepresented... (they might have won a handful of lombardi's in the last 15 years or so) :wink: :whistle:

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:14 pm

bigchiefbc wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:13 am Great idea MARKinMI, they look pretty sweet. I've noticed that in all of your (probably close to 100) avatars you've made, there's one franchise that is conspicuously unrepresented... (they might have won a handful of lombardi's in the last 15 years or so) :wink: :whistle:
Yeah I'll be making more as the summer goes on. Trust me there's a ton i haven't done yet. I've just been very busy with MFL graphics after the upgrade and have a growing backlog of MFL leagues people want designed. I was off work all week and spent 14 hours a day, every day doing MFL re-codes and graphics.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:32 am

MARKinMI wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:14 pm
bigchiefbc wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:13 am Great idea MARKinMI, they look pretty sweet. I've noticed that in all of your (probably close to 100) avatars you've made, there's one franchise that is conspicuously unrepresented... (they might have won a handful of lombardi's in the last 15 years or so) :wink: :whistle:
Yeah I'll be making more as the summer goes on. Trust me there's a ton i haven't done yet. I've just been very busy with MFL graphics after the upgrade and have a growing backlog of MFL leagues people want designed. I was off work all week and spent 14 hours a day, every day doing MFL re-codes and graphics.
I'm just giving you a hard time, it's cool. :D

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:46 am

Thanks to UnitedLoon (Jags) for creating a series of NCAA Avatars that were just uploaded, along with NFL team logos. Awesome, thoroughly appreciated!

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:22 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:46 am Thanks to UnitedLoon (Jags) for creating a series of NCAA Avatars that were just uploaded, along with NFL team logos. Awesome, thoroughly appreciated!
Having a hard time seeing where Loon's NCAA Avs are...I apologize for being stupid haha.
@BrianHarrFF

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 am

Brian wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:22 pm
dlf_kenm wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:46 am Thanks to UnitedLoon (Jags) for creating a series of NCAA Avatars that were just uploaded, along with NFL team logos. Awesome, thoroughly appreciated!
Having a hard time seeing where Loon's NCAA Avs are...I apologize for being stupid haha.
Nah, you're not stupid :) It just takes a bunch of clicks.

Go to User Control Panel > Profile tab > Edit Avatar. In the "Avatar Type" select "Gallery avatar" from the drop down. Then, there is another drop down where you can select from a category of avatars. In there is where you can select your NCAA conference.

Hopefully that makes sense!

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:42 pm

UnitedLoon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 am
Nah, you're not stupid :) It just takes a bunch of clicks.

Go to User Control Panel > Profile tab > Edit Avatar. In the "Avatar Type" select "Gallery avatar" from the drop down. Then, there is another drop down where you can select from a category of avatars. In there is where you can select your NCAA conference.

Hopefully that makes sense!
It does, and I found them. Thanks for the help Loon, and nice Avs! Looks like I might have to do a rotation between a few of yours and Marks. Thanks a bunch for creating these!
@BrianHarrFF

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks Brian! Somehow missed this until just now.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanks to all of you guys that created these AVS! There are so many that are awesome.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O