Fixing Display Issues

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

Fixing Display Issues

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:38 pm

If you are experiencing any weird display issues with the forum - like menu's that start off opened, or icons in strange places or not appearing, or you keep getting logged out, please try to clear your browser cache. Ctrl F5 on your PC may be a quick way to do so (while you have the browser open) otherwise you can check here...

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Thanks

KM

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Fixing Display Issues

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:29 am

On Rankings page, Player display page link - when player name is clicked on has been under construction for quite some time now. When is this going to get settled? As a premium member, I'd like to get what I thought I paid for.

Thanks
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: Fixing Display Issues

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Sorry J, we had to perform an update to the codebase of the main site to address some serious performance issues that were hampering the site. In the course of doing so, several features utilizing an older code base were broken. We have corrected all of those issues but continue to work on rebuilding the Player Pages. We are creating a new player profile page from scratch, and will be creating a much improved version of that page. I realize the timing is not ideal for nuking and creating a new resource, but the timing for the site running extremely slow was not ideal either. I had to make a call to improve the performance of the entire site knowing that one or two elements may need to be rebuilt.

If I can ask, what features of that page did you find most useful? What do you go to those to find?

Thanks for your patience... it will be worth the wait.

KM